Mailing List Archive: Nessus: devel
SF & FS scans

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

arboi at noos

Nov 15, 2002, 2:14 AM

SF & FS scans

We already had a "SYN FIN" scan in the nmap wrapper; I added a "FIN
SYN" scan. Nearly the same, but it uses the same semantics as the FIN
scan (i.e. port is closed if we get a RST, open if we get no answer),
while the first scan uses the SYN scan semantics (port is closed if we
get a RST, open if we get an ACK)
This works with Nmap 3.0

Maybe we could find a better name for those two scans?

--
mailto:arboi [at] bigfoot
GPG Public keys: http://michel.arboi.free.fr/pubkey.txt

Subject User Time
SF & FS scans arboi at noos Nov 15, 2002, 2:14 AM