deraison at nessus
Jun 7, 2007, 5:09 AM
Post #1 of 1
Nessus 3.1.4 (beta) available : bug fixes, 64 bits support
Nessus 3.1.4 (beta) is now available for download.
This release contains several fixes detailed below, and adds support
for Debian 4.0 and Red Hat ES 5 running on intel 64 bits CPUs.
*** Note that the whole Nessus 3.1.x cycle is considered as being in
Main changes in this release :
- 64 bits builds (for Debian 4 and Red Hat ES 5 only at this time)
- Fedora Core 7 build
- Better support for IPv6. In particular, the functions
get_local_mac_addr() / get_gw_mac_addr() work when dealing with an
- Fixed a bug related to the maximum number of TCP sessions set in
parallel and which would cause nessusd to use more CPU than what is
- Added several fixes in the NASL interpreter. In some cases, a copy-
on-write operation would not be detected properly thus leading to
incorrect modifications of some variables ;
- Fixed nessuscmd which would not be able to use the local nessus
daemon any more
- The 'nessus' command-line utility can now produce the same report
type (.nessus) as the Mac OS X client (which is the XML export we'll
eventually standardize everything on).
- Several other smaller bug fixes as well as further optimisations to
reduce memory usage.
Nessus 3.1.4 can be downloaded right now from http://www.nessus.org/
You can send me your feedback directly, or thru http://bugs.nessus.org/
Nessus-announce mailing list
Nessus-announce [at] list