Mailing List Archive: NANOG: users

Database with telephone numbers

NANOG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jarek at dolsatbelchatow

Database with telephone numbers

Hello NANOG,

I am looking for information about database which provides the names of companies
and allocated telephone numbers in US.

I know that FCC has a website http://apps.fcc.gov/cgb/form499/499a.cfm,
but there are only companies names.

In Poland we have similar database on our "FCC" website - UKE ( Office of Electronic Communications ),
but we can find to whom belongs allocated telephone numbers.
For example: area code 12 + number starts at 200 -> 12200
and we have -> area code '12' | allocated pool 'SPQM=200(1,3,6,8,0)' | area 'Krakow' | owner 'TP S.A'

Where can I find that kind of information?

Thanks in advance for help.

--
Jarek Kasjaniuk
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

kwallace at pcconnection

RE: Database with telephone numbers [In reply to]

Check nanpa.com

http://nanpa.com/nas/public/assigned_code_query_step1.do?method=resetCodeQueryModel

although number portability may confuse things slightly-

Keith

I am looking for information about database which provides the names of companies and allocated telephone numbers in US.

I know that FCC has a website http://apps.fcc.gov/cgb/form499/499a.cfm,
but there are only companies names.

In Poland we have similar database on our "FCC" website - UKE ( Office of Electronic Communications ), but we can find to whom belongs allocated telephone numbers.
For example: area code 12 + number starts at 200 -> 12200 and we have -> area code '12' | allocated pool 'SPQM=200(1,3,6,8,0)' | area 'Krakow' | owner 'TP S.A'

Where can I find that kind of information?

Thanks in advance for help.

--
Jarek Kasjaniuk

telephonetoughguy83 at gmail

Re: Database with telephone numbers [In reply to]

www.nanpa.com (North American Number Plan Association). This is the
"official" site for area code/exchange information in North America.
www.localcallingguide.com also has information, but I'm not sure how
"official" it is. Both sites have multiple ways of searching, i.e. per
area code, by lata, by company, etc.

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Jarek Kasjaniuk
<jarek [at] dolsatbelchatow>wrote:

> Hello NANOG,
>
> I am looking for information about database which provides the names of
> companies
> and allocated telephone numbers in US.
>
> I know that FCC has a website http://apps.fcc.gov/cgb/form499/499a.cfm,
> but there are only companies names.
>
> In Poland we have similar database on our "FCC" website - UKE ( Office of
> Electronic Communications ),
> but we can find to whom belongs allocated telephone numbers.
> For example: area code 12 + number starts at 200 -> 12200
> and we have -> area code '12' | allocated pool 'SPQM=200(1,3,6,8,0)' |
> area 'Krakow' | owner 'TP S.A'
>
> Where can I find that kind of information?
>
> Thanks in advance for help.
>
> --
> Jarek Kasjaniuk

jarek at dolsatbelchatow

Re: Database with telephone numbers [In reply to]

W dniu 25.05.2012 17:02, Andy Smith pisze:
> www.nanpa.com (North American Number Plan Association). This is the
> "official" site for area code/exchange information in North America.
> www.localcallingguide.com also has information, but I'm not sure how
> "official" it is. Both sites have multiple ways of searching, i.e. per
> area code, by lata, by company, etc.

Thank you to all of you for help and fast response to my inquiry.

--
Jarek Kasjaniuk

PS. I know the site is in Polish...
but may be this link will be useful to someone.

http://www.uke.gov.pl/tablice/home.do?execution=e5s1

1. Stacjonarne publiczne sieci telefoniczne -> Fixed public telephone network
2. Ruchome (komórkowe) publiczne sieci telefoniczne -> Mobile (cellular) public telephone networks
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

sethm at rollernet

Re: Database with telephone numbers [In reply to]

On 5/25/12 8:54 AM, Jarek Kasjaniuk wrote:
> W dniu 25.05.2012 17:02, Andy Smith pisze:
>> www.nanpa.com (North American Number Plan Association). This is
>> the "official" site for area code/exchange information in North
>> America. www.localcallingguide.com also has information, but I'm
>> not sure how "official" it is. Both sites have multiple ways of
>> searching, i.e. per area code, by lata, by company, etc.
>
> Thank you to all of you for help and fast response to my inquiry.

I've found www.telcodata.us useful as well.

~Seth

NANOG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded