Mailing List Archive: NANOG: users

IPv6 monitoring...

NANOG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

vyto at fnal

IPv6 monitoring...

Greetings...

What are people using for IPv6 monitoring - in particular, for monitoring services such as DNS, Web, E-mail, etc. ?

Nagios seems the people's choice. Any others...open source or commercial ?

TIA...

Vyto

paul at paulstewart

RE: IPv6 monitoring... [In reply to]

We are using Solarwinds on our systems..... it's one commercial system to
consider.

Paul

Re: IPv6 monitoring... [In reply to]

Yo Vytautas!

On Tue, 1 May 2012 20:31:08 +0000
Vytautas V Grigaliunas <vyto [at] fnal> wrote:

> Nagios seems the people's choice. Any others...open source or
> commercial ?

Icinga. A fork of nagios

RGDS
GARY
gem [at] rellim Tel:+1(541)382-8588
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

axisml at gmail

Re: IPv6 monitoring... [In reply to]

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Vytautas V Grigaliunas <vyto [at] fnal> wrote:
> What are people using for IPv6 monitoring - in particular, for monitoring services such as DNS, Web, E-mail, etc. ?
>
> Nagios seems the people's choice. Any others...open source or commercial ?

We use a combination of Nagios and Observium

--
Chris Stone
AxisInternet, Inc.

ssm at fnord

Re: IPv6 monitoring... [In reply to]

Vytautas V Grigaliunas <vyto [at] fnal> writes:

> What are people using for IPv6 monitoring - in particular, for
> monitoring services such as DNS, Web, E-mail, etc. ?
>
> Nagios seems the people's choice. Any others...open source or
> commercial ?

Open source Icinga and Nagios would work fine, and the configurations
should be (mostly) interchangable, with a notable exception.

Icinga's host object type has an "address6" paramter, which Nagios does
not have. For Nagios, a patch is available in http://goo.gl/IHkKE

https://www.icinga.org/2011/07/21/how-to-dual-stack-1pv4-ipv6-monitoring-with-icinga/
shows one way of doing dual stack monitoring of a single service, using
the "check_multi" monitoring plugin.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen

NANOG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded