Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: NANOG: users

About Juniper MX10 router performance

 

 

NANOG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


jrjahangir at gmail

Apr 22, 2012, 9:05 PM

Post #1 of 5 (579 views)
Permalink
About Juniper MX10 router performance

Dear valued member:


Wishes all are fine.


i need suggestion from you about Juniper MX10 router performance. i want
to buy this router for IP Transit provider where i received all global
routes .


it would be nice please put your valued suggestion about this issue.





--
Thanks
---------- Jahangir*
*


jof at thejof

Apr 22, 2012, 9:18 PM

Post #2 of 5 (552 views)
Permalink
Re: About Juniper MX10 router performance [In reply to]

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Md.Jahangir Hossain
<jrjahangir [at] gmail> wrote:
> Dear valued member:
>
>
> Wishes all are fine.
>
>
> i need   suggestion from you about Juniper MX10 router performance. i want
> to buy  this router for IP Transit provider where i received  all global
> routes .

Do you have some specific questions about it? You should be able to
comfortably take in one to two full BGP feeds as RIBs, and hold an
Internet-sized FIB.

It's basically an MX80 (internally), but with some software
modifications to limit its performance. You probably need to make sure
that you're also purchasing the S-MX80-ADV-R software license in your
base bundle (to support the full-scale L3 routing), but the licensing
is based on the honor system.

Cheers,
jof


jrjahangir at gmail

Apr 22, 2012, 9:48 PM

Post #3 of 5 (555 views)
Permalink
Re: About Juniper MX10 router performance [In reply to]

Thanks jonathan for your reply .

Actually i have not specific question , i need suggestion about this
product if i purchase this as IP Transit provider.



On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof [at] thejof> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Md.Jahangir Hossain
> <jrjahangir [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Dear valued member:
> >
> >
> > Wishes all are fine.
> >
> >
> > i need suggestion from you about Juniper MX10 router performance. i
> want
> > to buy this router for IP Transit provider where i received all global
> > routes .
>
> Do you have some specific questions about it? You should be able to
> comfortably take in one to two full BGP feeds as RIBs, and hold an
> Internet-sized FIB.
>
> It's basically an MX80 (internally), but with some software
> modifications to limit its performance. You probably need to make sure
> that you're also purchasing the S-MX80-ADV-R software license in your
> base bundle (to support the full-scale L3 routing), but the licensing
> is based on the honor system.
>
> Cheers,
> jof
>



--
Thanks
---------- Jahangir*
*


jof at thejof

Apr 22, 2012, 9:54 PM

Post #4 of 5 (556 views)
Permalink
Re: About Juniper MX10 router performance [In reply to]

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Md.Jahangir Hossain
<jrjahangir [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks jonathan for your reply .
>
> Actually i have not specific question , i need suggestion about this product
> if i purchase this  as IP Transit provider.

Only someone with the knowledge of your business and requirements can
answer this for you.

If you'd like to take this up off-list, I'm happy to share what I know.
Generally, we try to keep the discussion to the list (that is sent to
the many subscribers) on topics that are of interest to all network
operators.

For Juniper-specific questions, the j-nsp mailing list is pretty great
(http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp).

Cheers,
jof


jrjahangir at gmail

Apr 22, 2012, 10:12 PM

Post #5 of 5 (552 views)
Permalink
Re: About Juniper MX10 router performance [In reply to]

Thanks again Jonathan .





On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof [at] thejof> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Md.Jahangir Hossain
> <jrjahangir [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Thanks jonathan for your reply .
> >
> > Actually i have not specific question , i need suggestion about this
> product
> > if i purchase this as IP Transit provider.
>
> Only someone with the knowledge of your business and requirements can
> answer this for you.
>
> If you'd like to take this up off-list, I'm happy to share what I know.
> Generally, we try to keep the discussion to the list (that is sent to
> the many subscribers) on topics that are of interest to all network
> operators.
>
> For Juniper-specific questions, the j-nsp mailing list is pretty great
> (http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp).
>
> Cheers,
> jof
>



--
Thanks
---------- Jahangir*
*

NANOG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.