Mailing List Archive: NANOG: users

WW: Colo Vending Machine

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All NANOG users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jra at baylink

Feb 17, 2012, 10:35 AM

WW: Colo Vending Machine

Please post your top 3 favorite components/parts you'd like to see in a
vending machine at your colo; please be as specific as possible; don't
let vendor specificity scare you off.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra [at] baylink
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100

jof at thejof

Feb 17, 2012, 10:40 AM

Re: WW: Colo Vending Machine [In reply to]

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra [at] baylink> wrote:
> Please post your top 3 favorite components/parts you'd like to see in a
> vending machine at your colo; please be as specific as possible; don't
> let vendor specificity scare you off.

This is a riot! I'd love to have something like this at facilities I'm in.
Some useful stuff that comes to mind:
- Rack screws of various common sizes and threadings
- SFPs, GBICs, etc.
- Rollover cable / DE-9->8P8P adapter
- Screwdrivers
- Cross-over Ethernet, patch cables
- zip ties, velcro tape, etc.
- Label tape

Cheers,
jof

tperrine at scea

Feb 17, 2012, 10:40 AM

Re: WW: Colo Vending Machine [In reply to]

On 2/17/12 10:35 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> Please post your top 3 favorite components/parts you'd like to see in a
> vending machine at your colo; please be as specific as possible; don't
> let vendor specificity scare you off.

Clue in a Can - I prefer the 8 oz size, but sometimes it would be nice to get the 12 oz bottle.

--tep

streiner at cluebyfour

Feb 17, 2012, 10:41 AM

Re: WW: Colo Vending Machine [In reply to]

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> Please post your top 3 favorite components/parts you'd like to see in a
> vending machine at your colo; please be as specific as possible; don't
> let vendor specificity scare you off.

1. 1GB+ USB sticks
2. Cat5E patch cords in various lengths
3. Rack screws/cage nuts that are appropriate for the types of cabinets in
that facility

jms

eric-list at truenet

Feb 17, 2012, 10:43 AM

RE: WW: Colo Vending Machine [In reply to]

+1 for GBICs, SFPs

I don't know if it's just me, but I have the worst luck with them.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra [at] baylink> wrote:
> Please post your top 3 favorite components/parts you'd like to see in
> a vending machine at your colo; please be as specific as possible;
> don't let vendor specificity scare you off.

This is a riot! I'd love to have something like this at facilities I'm in.
Some useful stuff that comes to mind:
- Rack screws of various common sizes and threadings
- SFPs, GBICs, etc.
- Rollover cable / DE-9->8P8P adapter
- Screwdrivers
- Cross-over Ethernet, patch cables
- zip ties, velcro tape, etc.
- Label tape

Cheers,
jof

jra at baylink

Feb 17, 2012, 10:44 AM

Re: WW: Colo Vending Machine [In reply to]