Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Problem with " MythTV GO" Android App (oops: Not Go On).

km at mathcs

Sep 15, 2012, 10:32 PM

Problem with " MythTV GO" Android App (oops: Not Go On).

Had the wrong title of the app in my original posting.

> I just tried to run the Android app "MythTV GO" against my backend running
> the trunk. It correctly gets a list of my recordings (with pictures),
> but when I try to stream one I get "waiting for initial stream" and
> ultimately a timeout.
>
> Suggestions?

nick.rout at gmail

Sep 15, 2012, 11:00 PM

Re: Problem with " MythTV GO" Android App (oops: Not Go On). [In reply to]

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Ken Mandelberg <km [at] mathcs> wrote:
> Had the wrong title of the app in my original posting.
>
>> I just tried to run the Android app "MythTV GO" against my backend running
>> the trunk. It correctly gets a list of my recordings (with pictures),
>> but when I try to stream one I get "waiting for initial stream" and
>> ultimately a timeout.
>>
>> Suggestions?

Same here (now I know the app, I have installed it. samsung s3.

spikeygg.mythbox at gmail

Sep 21, 2012, 5:38 AM

Re: Problem with " MythTV GO" Android App (oops: Not Go On). [In reply to]

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Ken Mandelberg <km [at] mathcs>
> wrote:
> > Had the wrong title of the app in my original posting.
> >
> >> I just tried to run the Android app "MythTV GO" against my backend
> running
> >> the trunk. It correctly gets a list of my recordings (with pictures),
> >> but when I try to stream one I get "waiting for initial stream" and
> >> ultimately a timeout.
> >>
> >> Suggestions?
>

> Same here (now I know the app, I have installed it. samsung s3.

Ditto with my S3.

spikeygg.mythbox at gmail

Sep 23, 2012, 11:26 AM

Re: Problem with " MythTV GO" Android App (oops: Not Go On). [In reply to]

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg.mythbox [at] gmail>wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Ken Mandelberg <km [at] mathcs>
>> wrote:
>> > Had the wrong title of the app in my original posting.

>> running

>> Same here (now I know the app, I have installed it. samsung s3.
>>

> Ditto with my S3.

FYI: I just figured this out with the help of Bill Meek, he posted a
message a little while ago and had a footnote that made sense:

"Don't forget: --enable-libx264 and --enable-libmp3lame from:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Http_live_streaming_server<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Http_live_streaming_server>
."

I just recompiled and tried it out with git master and I played a video.
Though, trying to play some HD streams, my phone kept kicking out just
after starting the stream. I think there's junk in the stream that the
phone's player can't handle. :(