stephengrobertson at gmail
Sep 3, 2012, 6:09 AM
Post #29 of 29
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib [at] gmail> wrote:
> On 09/02/2012 04:01 PM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
>> I am trying to investigate a problem with mythvidexport.py and in the
>> process was looking at this new logging. It took me a while to get
>> the output from mythvidexport into a log file. (First I heard of
>> rsyslog was an hour ago)
>> I think the reason is that the "mythvidexport.py" portion is the
>> PROGRAMNAME rather than the first characters of msg
>> Adding this to what was in the wiki:
>> $template vidExport,"%TIMESTAMP% %HOSTNAME% %PROGRAMNAME% %msg%\n"
>> if $syslogfacility-text == 'local7' and $PROGRAMNAME startswith
>> 'mythvidexport.py' then
>> & ~
> Well, 1st, OOPS --- the traditional directory is /var/log/mythtv,
> not mythtv-syslog (I use --logpath, not --syslog and was just
> testing in a different directory.) The Wiki is corrected, so thanks.
> Asked on the -users channel and the author explained that
> *currently*, the Python bindings don't use mythlogserver.
> I added the solution to the Wiki that Anthony Messina wrote in this
> thread as a catch-all for any 'non-mythlogserver' programs.
> If you'd like to test that for your case, it would be great, as
> the only copy of mythvidexport.py I could find was for 0.24.
That catch all certainly catches mythvidexport.py so would expect it
to work for anything else with a program name beginning with myth*
I also added slightly to the comment on the wiki.
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv