Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Audio issue with time stretch

lunchtimelarry at gmail

Aug 20, 2012, 4:52 PM

Audio issue with time stretch

Now that I am running 0.25, I noticed that when I enter time stretch, the
audio drops off noticeably, and the audio seems to be limited to the center
channel of my surround sound setup.

This was not the case with 0.24 and prior releases. Any ideas on why this
is happening?

jyavenard at gmail

Aug 20, 2012, 10:35 PM

Re: Audio issue with time stretch [In reply to]

On 21 August 2012 01:52, Larry K <lunchtimelarry [at] gmail> wrote:
> Now that I am running 0.25, I noticed that when I enter time stretch, the
> audio drops off noticeably, and the audio seems to be limited to the center
> channel of my surround sound setup.
>
> This was not the case with 0.24 and prior releases. Any ideas on why this
> is happening?

In 0.25, a "smoother" time-stretch was introduced... not sure if this
would have an impact on what you describe.
Personally, it works fine for me

lunchtimelarry at gmail

Aug 21, 2012, 7:36 PM

Re: Audio issue with time stretch [In reply to]

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail>wrote:

> On 21 August 2012 01:52, Larry K <lunchtimelarry [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Now that I am running 0.25, I noticed that when I enter time stretch, the
> > audio drops off noticeably, and the audio seems to be limited to the
> center
> > channel of my surround sound setup.
> >
> > This was not the case with 0.24 and prior releases. Any ideas on why
> this
> > is happening?
>
> In 0.25, a "smoother" time-stretch was introduced... not sure if this
> would have an impact on what you describe.
> Personally, it works fine for me

I played around in the audio menu and improved the time stretch audio. Not
sure this new and improved time stretch is "smoother." It's definitely
different, though.

jean-yves at avenard

Aug 22, 2012, 2:02 AM

Re: Audio issue with time stretch [In reply to]

On 22 August 2012 04:36, Larry K <lunchtimelarry [at] gmail> wrote:
> I played around in the audio menu and improved the time stretch audio. Not
> sure this new and improved time stretch is "smoother." It's definitely
> different, though.

only the video is smoother... audio is just accelerated while keeping
the same pitch