Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users
Power off from remote

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

mythtv at ebel

Aug 9, 2012, 10:11 PM

Power off from remote

I got around to setting up wake-on-lan, and I have a widget on my
phone to easily turn on my frontend, but now I need a way to get my IR
remote to turn off the frontend. What's the best way to do this? Is
there an existing keybinding that can be used to immediately shut down
or suspend a front-end? Perhaps I could set it up as a keystroke
event handler, and have mythtv's lircrc create that keystroke.
Alternatively, I could do it outside of mythtv with irexec, but I
already run irexec on demand when I use mythgames, and running a
separate one with a separate config file just to shut down my machine
seems excessive if mythtv could already do it. I'm curious how other
people are handling this.

Thanks,
Joel