Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Video Metadata

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

raphael.timothy at gmail

Aug 12, 2012, 6:27 AM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

Further investigation shows that filenames for banners and cover art is in
the database and image files have been downloaded to the banners etc.
storage group. But nothing shows on the frontend still, under any theme I
choose.

No one else has had this issue?

gentlec at gmail

Aug 17, 2012, 8:26 AM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Tim Raphael <raphael.timothy [at] gmail>wrote:

> Further investigation shows that filenames for banners and cover art is in
> the database and image files have been downloaded to the banners etc.
> storage group. But nothing shows on the frontend still, under any theme I
> choose.
>
> No one else has had this issue?

I'd like to resurrect this thread from a few days ago because I still
believe there's a bug here somewhere and I'd like to nail it down.

As a test this morning, I moved all of my videos to another location and
did a scan. That effectively cleaned everything out of the database. Then
I moved in a single series that MythVideo has never shown metadata for
since I upgraded to 0.25. I did another scan and watched the
/var/log/mythfrontend.log file. It seemed to do what I expected. It
scanned and found the series and then started trying to grab the metadata.
However, here's a little bit of what it logged:

Aug 17 10:18:31 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I MetadataDownload
metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M monk
Aug 17 10:18:31 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I CoreContext videodlg.cpp:3263
(customEvent) No results found for monk 7 6
Aug 17 10:18:32 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: E MetadataDownload
metadatadownload.cpp:190 (findBestMatch) No adequate match or multiple
matches found for monk. Update manually.
Aug 17 10:18:32 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I MetadataDownload
metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M monk
Aug 17 10:18:32 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I CoreContext videodlg.cpp:3263
(customEvent) No results found for monk 7 5

I have the following in my ~/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf file:

[series_name_override]
Monk:78490
monk:78490

I put both in there because I wasn't sure of the case sensitivity.
Obviously, ttvdb.py didn't use this file as it should have. The file is
located in the home account of the user running the frontend. Do we have a
bug here?

--
Chris

nick.rout at gmail

Aug 17, 2012, 3:03 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Chris Gentle <gentlec [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Tim Raphael <raphael.timothy [at] gmail>
> wrote:
>>
>> Further investigation shows that filenames for banners and cover art is in
>> the database and image files have been downloaded to the banners etc.
>> storage group. But nothing shows on the frontend still, under any theme I
>> choose.
>>
>> No one else has had this issue?
>

> I'd like to resurrect this thread from a few days ago because I still
> believe there's a bug here somewhere and I'd like to nail it down.
>
> As a test this morning, I moved all of my videos to another location and did
> a scan. That effectively cleaned everything out of the database. Then I
> moved in a single series that MythVideo has never shown metadata for since I
> upgraded to 0.25. I did another scan and watched the
> /var/log/mythfrontend.log file. It seemed to do what I expected. It
> scanned and found the series and then started trying to grab the metadata.
> However, here's a little bit of what it logged:
>
> Aug 17 10:18:31 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M monk
> Aug 17 10:18:31 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I CoreContext videodlg.cpp:3263
> (customEvent) No results found for monk 7 6
> Aug 17 10:18:32 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: E MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:190 (findBestMatch) No adequate match or multiple
> matches found for monk. Update manually.
> Aug 17 10:18:32 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M monk
> Aug 17 10:18:32 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I CoreContext videodlg.cpp:3263
> (customEvent) No results found for monk 7 5
>
> I have the following in my ~/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf file:
>
> [series_name_override]
> Monk:78490
> monk:78490
>
> I put both in there because I wasn't sure of the case sensitivity.
> Obviously, ttvdb.py didn't use this file as it should have. The file is
> located in the home account of the user running the frontend. Do we have a
> bug here?

Is this a user thing? ie is your ttvdb.conf in the right user's directory?

gentlec at gmail

Aug 17, 2012, 4:05 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:

> Is this a user thing? ie is your ttvdb.conf in the right user's directory?

I don't think it's a user thing. The ttvdb.conf file is in
/home/myth/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf. The 'myth' user is the one that I set up to
be automatically logged in when the system boots and it starts the
frontend. Just to be sure, I also symlinked that same file to
/home/mythtv/.mythtv (the default account in mythbuntu).

--
Chris

nick.rout at gmail

Aug 17, 2012, 5:18 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Chris Gentle <gentlec [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>> Is this a user thing? ie is your ttvdb.conf in the right user's directory?
>

> I don't think it's a user thing. The ttvdb.conf file is in
> /home/myth/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf. The 'myth' user is the one that I set up to
> be automatically logged in when the system boots and it starts the frontend.
> Just to be sure, I also symlinked that same file to /home/mythtv/.mythtv
> (the default account in mythbuntu).

OK,what does the dB tell you now? Should be easy enough to read since
it now has only this one season!

gentlec at gmail

Aug 17, 2012, 5:27 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:

> OK,what does the dB tell you now? Should be easy enough to read since
> it now has only this one season!

The Processed flag is set to 1 but the coverfile, screenshot banner and
fanart fields are blank. The inetref field is all zeros. So the inetref
didn't get set by the ttvdb.conf file.

--
Chris

nick.rout at gmail

Aug 17, 2012, 10:11 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Chris Gentle <gentlec [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:
>>

>> OK,what does the dB tell you now? Should be easy enough to read since
>> it now has only this one season!
>

> The Processed flag is set to 1 but the coverfile, screenshot banner and
> fanart fields are blank. The inetref field is all zeros. So the inetref
> didn't get set by the ttvdb.conf file.

What about the season and episode numbers?

How are your files named? This is important (sorry if that has been
covered, this thread is quite long now!)

gentlec at gmail

Aug 18, 2012, 6:38 AM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:

> What about the season and episode numbers?

Those are correct. So at least that information is being parsed correctly.

> How are your files named? This is important (sorry if that has been
> covered, this thread is quite long now!)

I use the following format for all my videos:

series-01x01-episode.avi

I believe that form is one of the ones specified on the wiki. I don't seem
to ever have problems with the season and episode number being pulled in
correctly.

--
Chris

nick.rout at gmail

Aug 18, 2012, 5:01 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM, Chris Gentle <gentlec [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>> What about the season and episode numbers?
>

> Those are correct. So at least that information is being parsed correctly.
>

>> How are your files named? This is important (sorry if that has been
>> covered, this thread is quite long now!)
>

> I use the following format for all my videos:
>
> series-01x01-episode.avi
>
> I believe that form is one of the ones specified on the wiki. I don't seem
> to ever have problems with the season and episode number being pulled in
> correctly.

I am out of ideas then.

gentlec at gmail

Aug 18, 2012, 5:37 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:

> I am out of ideas then.

Yep, me too. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one seeing this.

--
Chris

michael at thewatsonfamily

Aug 18, 2012, 7:50 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On 19/08/2012 10:37 AM, Chris Gentle wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail
> <mailto:nick.rout [at] gmail>> wrote:
>

> I am out of ideas then.
>

> Yep, me too. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one seeing this.
>
> --
> Chris
Caveat: I have not been following this thread very closely.

Are you doing the scans for new video's on the backend that owns the
"Storage Group" or another machine?

Reason I ask this is, I have all storage on the master backend, as well
as all the storage groups, the FE, mount the directory structure via
NFS. If I perform a scan for new videos on the MBE, all the videos are
marked as "owned" by the MBE (host column in videometadata table), and
metadata populates properly. If I then run a scan on a remote FE, all
the videos are updated as being "owned" by the remote frontend, and
metadata does not populate very well.

Aug 19 12:35:49 mythone mythfrontend[9847]: E VideoScanner
videoscan.cpp:325 (updateDB) Hash fc781154379cb33f already exists in the
database, updating record 6277 with new filename Disney's Christmas
Favourites - 2005.avi

gentlec at gmail

Aug 19, 2012, 6:03 AM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Michael Watson <
michael [at] thewatsonfamily> wrote:

> Are you doing the scans for new video's on the backend that owns the
> "Storage Group" or another machine?

On the backend that owns the storage group.

> Reason I ask this is, I have all storage on the master backend, as well as
> all the storage groups, the FE, mount the directory structure via NFS. If
> I perform a scan for new videos on the MBE, all the videos are marked as
> "owned" by the MBE (host column in videometadata table), and metadata
> populates properly. If I then run a scan on a remote FE, all the videos
> are updated as being "owned" by the remote frontend, and metadata does not
> populate very well.

I think I'm good here. I do all my scans on my master backend, mostly
because it's faster. The host column has the hostname of my master backend
so I think everything is OK. Thanks for the info.

--
Chris

nick.rout at gmail

Aug 19, 2012, 2:12 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Michael Watson
<michael [at] thewatsonfamily> wrote:
> On 19/08/2012 10:37 AM, Chris Gentle wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail
>> <mailto:nick.rout [at] gmail>> wrote:
>>

>> I am out of ideas then.
>>

>> Yep, me too. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one seeing this.
>>
>> --
>> Chris
>
> Caveat: I have not been following this thread very closely.
>
> Are you doing the scans for new video's on the backend that owns the
> "Storage Group" or another machine?
>
> Reason I ask this is, I have all storage on the master backend, as well as
> all the storage groups, the FE, mount the directory structure via NFS.

Why mount ?

> If I
> perform a scan for new videos on the MBE, all the videos are marked as
> "owned" by the MBE (host column in videometadata table), and metadata
> populates properly. If I then run a scan on a remote FE, all the videos are
> updated as being "owned" by the remote frontend, and metadata does not
> populate very well.
>
> Aug 19 12:35:49 mythone mythfrontend[9847]: E VideoScanner videoscan.cpp:325
> (updateDB) Hash fc781154379cb33f already exists in the database, updating
> record 6277 with new filename Disney's Christmas Favourites - 2005.avi

michael at thewatsonfamily

Aug 19, 2012, 5:07 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On 20/08/2012 7:12 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Michael Watson
> <michael [at] thewatsonfamily> wrote:
>> On 19/08/2012 10:37 AM, Chris Gentle wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail
>>> <mailto:nick.rout [at] gmail>> wrote:
>>>

>>> I am out of ideas then.
>>>

>>> Yep, me too. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one seeing this.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Chris
>> Caveat: I have not been following this thread very closely.
>>
>> Are you doing the scans for new video's on the backend that owns the
>> "Storage Group" or another machine?
>>
>> Reason I ask this is, I have all storage on the master backend, as well as
>> all the storage groups, the FE, mount the directory structure via NFS.
> Why mount ?
Because I find Myth Protocol produces stuttering playback

>> If I
>> perform a scan for new videos on the MBE, all the videos are marked as
>> "owned" by the MBE (host column in videometadata table), and metadata
>> populates properly. If I then run a scan on a remote FE, all the videos are
>> updated as being "owned" by the remote frontend, and metadata does not
>> populate very well.
>>
>> Aug 19 12:35:49 mythone mythfrontend[9847]: E VideoScanner videoscan.cpp:325
>> (updateDB) Hash fc781154379cb33f already exists in the database, updating
>> record 6277 with new filename Disney's Christmas Favourites - 2005.avi

esarfl at gmail

Aug 25, 2012, 5:04 PM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Chris Gentle <gentlec [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Tim Raphael <raphael.timothy [at] gmail>
> wrote:
>>
>> Further investigation shows that filenames for banners and cover art is in
>> the database and image files have been downloaded to the banners etc.
>> storage group. But nothing shows on the frontend still, under any theme I
>> choose.
>>
>> No one else has had this issue?
>

> I'd like to resurrect this thread from a few days ago because I still
> believe there's a bug here somewhere and I'd like to nail it down.
>
> As a test this morning, I moved all of my videos to another location and did
> a scan. That effectively cleaned everything out of the database. Then I
> moved in a single series that MythVideo has never shown metadata for since I
> upgraded to 0.25. I did another scan and watched the
> /var/log/mythfrontend.log file. It seemed to do what I expected. It
> scanned and found the series and then started trying to grab the metadata.
> However, here's a little bit of what it logged:
>
> Aug 17 10:18:31 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M monk
> Aug 17 10:18:31 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I CoreContext videodlg.cpp:3263
> (customEvent) No results found for monk 7 6
> Aug 17 10:18:32 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: E MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:190 (findBestMatch) No adequate match or multiple
> matches found for monk. Update manually.
> Aug 17 10:18:32 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M monk
> Aug 17 10:18:32 lenny mythfrontend[26437]: I CoreContext videodlg.cpp:3263
> (customEvent) No results found for monk 7 5
>
> I have the following in my ~/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf file:
>
> [series_name_override]
> Monk:78490
> monk:78490
>
> I put both in there because I wasn't sure of the case sensitivity.
> Obviously, ttvdb.py didn't use this file as it should have. The file is
> located in the home account of the user running the frontend. Do we have a
> bug here?

Does anyone know if there is a ticket for this bug? I've got a patch
that fixes it. The configuration file is read correctly, but the -M
option didn't honor the overrides.

Tom

gentlec at gmail

Aug 27, 2012, 6:15 AM

Re: Video Metadata [In reply to]

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Tom Hayward <esarfl [at] gmail> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a ticket for this bug? I've got a patch
> that fixes it. The configuration file is read correctly, but the -M
> option didn't honor the overrides.

No bug has been opened that I know of. Feel free to open one. I'd like to
see the patch, can you post it?

--
Chris