bino at indoakses-online
Aug 1, 2012, 7:44 PM
Post #1 of 1
Dear All ...
question about zoneminder and IceCast2
I Apologize if this is not the place to ask question about zoneminder.
I post this question here since :
1. The zoneminder form is not active enough
2. I believe mythtv people have experients about all kind of video things.
Here is my story :
1. I have some IP camera positioned behind firewall
2. The Zone minder is located in another site with public IP
3. For security reason, I don'r want to do DNAT at the camera side
With this condition, ZoneMinder cannot pull video from the camera.
My work around is , :
1. Setup a small PC with CVLC in it, at the Camera Side
2. Setup IceCast server at the same CPU of zoneMinder, working at port 8212
3. CVLC pull the camera video and restream it to the IceCast2 ..
Until this step ... it works great.
I can watch the video from IceCast2 server using my VLC at my workstation.
Next Step , tell ZoneMinder to 'monitor' the IceCast
I set a new-monitor with :
1. Type : remote
2. Source :
- remote protocol : http
- remote hostname : myicecast.com
- remote port : 8213
- mountpoint : mystream01
I try to open the monitor page of this set , and it show nothing ..
accept the control buttons
I do check from the IceCast web interface ... and yes it say there is
listener for the related mountpoint (mystream01)
Kindly please give me any enlightment to fix this problem
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv