Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Can't play DVD's or Blurays in Mythtv but can with vlc

stevem at scn

Jul 30, 2012, 7:17 PM

Can't play DVD's or Blurays in Mythtv but can with vlc

I cannot watch DVD's or Blurays in mythtv. They work with vlc. When I
look in mythfrontend.log I see the following:

Jul 25 16:27:23 mythbox mythfrontend[2525]: N CoreContext
mythplayer.cpp:2078 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(1): Waited 19998ms for
video buffers AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
Jul 25 16:27:23 mythbox mythfrontend[2525]: E CoreContext
mythplayer.cpp:2101 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(1): Waited too long for
decoder to fill video buffers. Exiting..
Jul 25 16:27:23 mythbox mythfrontend[2525]: I CoreContext tv_play.cpp:2121
(HandleStateChange) TV: Attempting to change from WatchingDVD to None

as you can see it gives up after 20sec and goes back to the menu. Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jyavenard at gmail

Jul 31, 2012, 2:06 AM

Re: Can't play DVD's or Blurays in Mythtv but can with vlc [In reply to]

On 31 July 2012 12:17, Stephen Myers <stevem [at] scn> wrote:
> I cannot watch DVD's or Blurays in mythtv. They work with vlc. When I look
> in mythfrontend.log I see the following:

Way too short log ...

can't tell what's going on with that

jedi at mishnet

Jul 31, 2012, 9:20 AM

Re: Can't play DVD's or Blurays in Mythtv but can with vlc [In reply to]

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 07:17:07PM -0700, Stephen Myers wrote:
> I cannot watch DVD's or Blurays in mythtv. They work with vlc. When I
> look in mythfrontend.log I see the following:

....are you running this on a weak machine with VDPAU?

Just a guess.

The desktop players tend to sort themselves out whereas you have to specifically
tell MythTV to use GPU acceleration if you've got it.

> Jul 25 16:27:23 mythbox mythfrontend[2525]: N CoreContext
> mythplayer.cpp:2078 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(1): Waited 19998ms for
> video buffers AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
> Jul 25 16:27:23 mythbox mythfrontend[2525]: E CoreContext
> mythplayer.cpp:2101 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(1): Waited too long for
> decoder to fill video buffers. Exiting..
> Jul 25 16:27:23 mythbox mythfrontend[2525]: I CoreContext tv_play.cpp:2121
> (HandleStateChange) TV: Attempting to change from WatchingDVD to None
>
> as you can see it gives up after 20sec and goes back to the menu. Any
> ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks in advance.

stevem at scn

Jul 31, 2012, 10:16 AM

Re: Can't play DVD's or Blurays in Mythtv but can with vlc [In reply to]

I can provide more log info. What kind of info should I include?

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail>wrote:

> On 31 July 2012 12:17, Stephen Myers <stevem [at] scn> wrote:
> > I cannot watch DVD's or Blurays in mythtv. They work with vlc. When I
> look
> > in mythfrontend.log I see the following:
>
> Way too short log ...
>
> can't tell what's going on with that

stevem at scn

Jul 31, 2012, 10:18 AM

Re: Can't play DVD's or Blurays in Mythtv but can with vlc [In reply to]

Brand new hardware. It's intel hardware with integrated video. No VDPAU.
I think the hardware is good enough VLC can read and decode both DVD's and
Blurays on the same hardware. It's something with mythtv

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:20 AM, jedi <jedi [at] mishnet> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 07:17:07PM -0700, Stephen Myers wrote:
> > I cannot watch DVD's or Blurays in mythtv. They work with vlc. When I
> > look in mythfrontend.log I see the following:
>
> ....are you running this on a weak machine with VDPAU?
>
> Just a guess.
>
> The desktop players tend to sort themselves out whereas you have to
> specifically
> tell MythTV to use GPU acceleration if you've got it.
>

> > Jul 25 16:27:23 mythbox mythfrontend[2525]: N CoreContext
> > mythplayer.cpp:2078 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(1): Waited 19998ms for
> > video buffers AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
> > Jul 25 16:27:23 mythbox mythfrontend[2525]: E CoreContext
> > mythplayer.cpp:2101 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(1): Waited too long
> for
> > decoder to fill video buffers. Exiting..
> > Jul 25 16:27:23 mythbox mythfrontend[2525]: I CoreContext
> tv_play.cpp:2121
> > (HandleStateChange) TV: Attempting to change from WatchingDVD to None
> >
> > as you can see it gives up after 20sec and goes back to the menu. Any
> > ideas would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks in advance.

jyavenard at gmail

Jul 31, 2012, 6:29 PM

Re: Can't play DVD's or Blurays in Mythtv but can with vlc [In reply to]

On 1 August 2012 03:16, Stephen Myers <stevem [at] scn> wrote:
> I can provide more log info. What kind of info should I include?

The same one you quoted from.
Except your trimmed to only leave what you thought was relevant,
making it useless.

Provide the full log with -v audio,playback