Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Metadata not working: please give me a hand here!

lists at glidos

Jul 20, 2012, 3:01 PM

Metadata not working: please give me a hand here!

What have I forgotten? I'm using very recent 0.25-fixes. I
made sure the backend was allowed to run metadatalookup jobs.
I set up the default recording rule to include metadata
lookup, but I'm not getting inetrefs assigned automatically.
If I go to a recording rule and lookup the inetref by hand,
all works well. Also a combination of the three mythmetadatalookup
commands mentioned at the start of the wiki page does fully
populate everything. It's just that new recording rules
aren't getting process automatically.

Any thoughts what I've missed out?

Cheers,
Paul.

anothersname at googlemail

Jul 20, 2012, 3:09 PM

Re: Metadata not working: please give me a hand here! [In reply to]

On 20 July 2012 23:01, Paul Gardiner <lists [at] glidos> wrote:
> What have I forgotten? I'm using very recent 0.25-fixes. I
> made sure the backend was allowed to run metadatalookup jobs.
> I set up the default recording rule to include metadata
> lookup, but I'm not getting inetrefs assigned automatically.
> If I go to a recording rule and lookup the inetref by hand,
> all works well. Also a combination of the three mythmetadatalookup
> commands mentioned at the start of the wiki page does fully
> populate everything. It's just that new recording rules
> aren't getting process automatically.
>
> Any thoughts what I've missed out?
>
> Cheers,
> Paul.

Paul

Sorry to ask the obvious but the naming structure of the new entries
matches their values in either TTVDB or TMDB?

I recently had to go through this exercise for my whole library and
for about 20% of the library have had to rename the files and/or their
directories.

Simple things such as having the year in brackets in the title or the
release of a movie can make the difference between it working or not.

lists at glidos

Jul 20, 2012, 4:33 PM

Re: Metadata not working: please give me a hand here! [In reply to]

Another Sillyname <anothersname [at] googlemail> wrote:

>On 20 July 2012 23:01, Paul Gardiner <lists [at] glidos> wrote:
>> What have I forgotten? I'm using very recent 0.25-fixes. I
>> made sure the backend was allowed to run metadatalookup jobs.
>> I set up the default recording rule to include metadata
>> lookup, but I'm not getting inetrefs assigned automatically.
>> If I go to a recording rule and lookup the inetref by hand,
>> all works well. Also a combination of the three mythmetadatalookup
>> commands mentioned at the start of the wiki page does fully
>> populate everything. It's just that new recording rules
>> aren't getting process automatically.
>>
>> Any thoughts what I've missed out?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul.
>
>Paul
>
>Sorry to ask the obvious but the naming structure of the new entries
>matches their values in either TTVDB or TMDB?
>
>I recently had to go through this exercise for my whole library and
>for about 20% of the library have had to rename the files and/or their
>directories.
>
>Simple things such as having the year in brackets in the title or the
>release of a movie can make the difference between it working or not.

r.d.vaughan at rogers

Jul 21, 2012, 5:07 AM

Re: Metadata not working: please give me a hand here! [In reply to]

Paul,
Here is what I do to get all available artwork with my TV recordings.
1) Updated all my repeating recording rules with reference numbers from
TTVDB or TMDB. It was initially a pain but well worth the effort. I used
the frontend interface for this task.
2) When scheduling a new recording I always add the associated reference
number. I like using MythWeb for this but that is personal choice.
3) I added a crontab entry that runs overnight every night (2:30 AM).
This entry was added under my user account on the same machine which
runs my mythbackend using "crontab -e". There is no need for root access.

30 2 * * * /usr/local/bin/mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork

The next day any available artwork has been down loaded and will display
in the "Watch Recordings" screen.

I hope this helps.

Doug

lists at glidos

Jul 21, 2012, 10:03 AM

Re: Metadata not working: please give me a hand here! [In reply to]

Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan [at] rogers> wrote:

>Paul,
> Here is what I do to get all available artwork with my TV recordings.
>1) Updated all my repeating recording rules with reference numbers from
>
>TTVDB or TMDB. It was initially a pain but well worth the effort. I
>used
>the frontend interface for this task.
>2) When scheduling a new recording I always add the associated
>reference
>number. I like using MythWeb for this but that is personal choice.
>3) I added a crontab entry that runs overnight every night (2:30 AM).
>This entry was added under my user account on the same machine which
>runs my mythbackend using "crontab -e". There is no need for root
>access.
>
>30 2 * * * /usr/local/bin/mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork
>

>The next day any available artwork has been down loaded and will
>display
>in the "Watch Recordings" screen.
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>Doug

Thanks for the reply Doug. I guess I misunderstood the documentation on the wiki. I had the impression no cron job was needed. I'll set that up then.

Cheers,
Paul.

raymond at wagnerrp

Jul 29, 2012, 5:06 AM

Re: Metadata not working: please give me a hand here! [In reply to]

On 7/21/2012 08:07, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> 3) I added a crontab entry that runs overnight every night (2:30 AM).
> This entry was added under my user account on the same machine which
> runs my mythbackend using "crontab -e". There is no need for root access.
>
> 30 2 * * * /usr/local/bin/mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork

Not necessary. If configured, the master backend will automatically run
that task at some randomized time once per day.

http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/housekeeper.cpp#n333

lists at glidos

Jul 29, 2012, 7:13 AM

Re: Metadata not working: please give me a hand here! [In reply to]

On 29/07/2012 13:06, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 7/21/2012 08:07, Doug Vaughan wrote:
>> 3) I added a crontab entry that runs overnight every night (2:30 AM).
>> This entry was added under my user account on the same machine which
>> runs my mythbackend using "crontab -e". There is no need for root access.
>>
>> 30 2 * * * /usr/local/bin/mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork
>
> Not necessary. If configured, the master backend will automatically run
> that task at some randomized time once per day.

Yes, just yesterday, I reread the wiki and noticed the one part of the
setup I'd missed. I have automatic update enabled now, so hopefully
I can just leave it to sort it all out on its own.

P.