Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

HLS sreaming & the housekeeping thread

gnassas at mac

Jul 4, 2012, 10:16 PM

HLS sreaming & the housekeeping thread

Hi everyone,

I use HLS streams quite a bit and lately I've seeing a behaviour where streaming will suddenly stop just after the backend runs its housekeeping thread. It seems to be more likely when I have a transcode running. Once it gets wedged I have to kill the player and start another one on the stream, there's no way to restart stuck playback.

The current build is v0.26-pre-731-gd26c687 from June 27 while the previous, good, one was myth.v0.26-pre-519-g48c9f6e from June 6.

I quickly looked over the commits in between but nothing jumped out. Hopefully there's some wise counsel out there, I'd hate to do a bisect on an intermittent bug.

- George