Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

HTTP live streaming broken in 0.25 fixes?

alex at alexfisher

Jul 4, 2012, 3:11 PM

HTTP live streaming broken in 0.25 fixes?

Hi

I think a recent commit
(https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/0969941c7706067560d94002712be9b2fbc076f8)
has broken http live streaming.

The demo using JW Player at http://backend:6544/ gives an error
message 'No AAC audio or AVC video stream found'
When I try to use Torc for IOS on my iphone, DVB recordings (UK
freeview) stream with only audio whilst DVD rips play with garbled
audio and picture cutting in and out.

I could try recompiling the mythbuntu packages with the commit I
mentioned reverted and retesting if that would help.

Kind Regards,
Alex

gjhurlbu at gmail

Jul 5, 2012, 12:29 PM

Re: HTTP live streaming broken in 0.25 fixes? [In reply to]

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Alexander Fisher <alex [at] alexfisher> wrote:
> The demo using JW Player at http://backend:6544/ gives an error
> message 'No AAC audio or AVC video stream found'
> When I try to use Torc for IOS on my iphone, DVB recordings (UK
> freeview) stream with only audio whilst DVD rips play with garbled
> audio and picture cutting in and out.

To be honest, I really don't care if Torc for IOS works at all.
That's not our problem. We have nothing to do with that app.

However, if we did manage to break HLS, we'll fix it.

> I could try recompiling the mythbuntu packages with the commit I
> mentioned reverted and retesting if that would help.

That would be a good start. :)

alex at alexfisher

Jul 5, 2012, 4:42 PM

Re: HTTP live streaming broken in 0.25 fixes? [In reply to]

On 5 July 2012 20:29, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Alexander Fisher <alex [at] alexfisher> wrote:
>> The demo using JW Player at http://backend:6544/ gives an error
>> message 'No AAC audio or AVC video stream found'
>> When I try to use Torc for IOS on my iphone, DVB recordings (UK
>> freeview) stream with only audio whilst DVD rips play with garbled
>> audio and picture cutting in and out.
>
> To be honest, I really don't care if Torc for IOS works at all.
> That's not our problem. We have nothing to do with that app.

I find this a shame, but fair enough. I've found it really quite
good. /me ducks :)

> However, if we did manage to break HLS, we'll fix it.

Great news and will be much appreciated by other HLS users too.

>> I could try recompiling the mythbuntu packages with the commit I
>> mentioned reverted and retesting if that would help.
>
> That would be a good start. :)

Sorry, I was a bit short on time the other night, but yes, reverting
the change to mythtranscode.cpp does indeed fix the issues I was
seeing.
Both types of file I was having issues with have started working again
- both in the myth internal webserver example and in the 3rd party
app.

Kind Regards,
Alex

jyavenard at gmail

Jul 5, 2012, 6:16 PM

Re: HTTP live streaming broken in 0.25 fixes? [In reply to]

On 6 July 2012 05:29, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu [at] gmail> wrote:
> To be honest, I really don't care if Torc for IOS works at all.
> That's not our problem. We have nothing to do with that app.

???

Torc is using the standard Quicktime player provided by iOS. If you
get such error it's because the HLS stream is broken... period.

Plus, he said that he gets the issue using the mythbackend built-in player..

JY

alex at alexfisher

Jul 7, 2012, 10:08 AM

Re: HTTP live streaming broken in 0.25 fixes? [In reply to]

On 6 July 2012 02:16, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
> On 6 July 2012 05:29, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu [at] gmail> wrote:
>> To be honest, I really don't care if Torc for IOS works at all.
>> That's not our problem. We have nothing to do with that app.
>
> ???
>
> Torc is using the standard Quicktime player provided by iOS. If you
> get such error it's because the HLS stream is broken... period.
>
> Plus, he said that he gets the issue using the mythbackend built-in player..

Would it help if I provided sample files?
If so, what type would be needed? (both DTS and Dolby Digital DVD -> mkv clips?)

Thanks,
Alex

cpinkham at bc2va

Jul 12, 2012, 1:39 AM

Re: HTTP live streaming broken in 0.25 fixes? [In reply to]

* On Wed Jul 04, 2012 at 11:11:33PM +0100, Alexander Fisher wrote:
> I think a recent commit
> (https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/0969941c7706067560d94002712be9b2fbc076f8)
> has broken http live streaming.

This should be fixed now, in both master and 0.25 fixes.

--
Chris

alex at alexfisher

Jul 12, 2012, 8:44 AM

Re: HTTP live streaming broken in 0.25 fixes? [In reply to]

On 12 July 2012 09:39, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham [at] bc2va> wrote:
> * On Wed Jul 04, 2012 at 11:11:33PM +0100, Alexander Fisher wrote:
>> I think a recent commit
>> (https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/0969941c7706067560d94002712be9b2fbc076f8)
>> has broken http live streaming.
>
> This should be fixed now, in both master and 0.25 fixes.

Great and thanks. I'll give it a go as soon as the mythbuntu packages
are ready.

Cheers,
Alex