Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Watch List not considering season/episode

lists at firecloud

Jul 2, 2012, 5:12 AM

Watch List not considering season/episode

> Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 10:19:20 +0100
> From: John Veness <John.Veness.mythtv [at] pelago>

> However, the Watch List feature doesn't seem to take account of this and
> is still (I think) just showing me the earliest recorded episode,
> ignoring the season/episode numbering and the sort order that I set.
> Does that fit with other people's experiences too?

That is the behaviour that I see (also on DVB-T in the UK). I have
never raised it as I assumed that it was the intended behaviour. It
would be good for me too if it would take account of the settings that
let us choose to order every other list by recording date or by
season/episode.

To elaborate slightly on the use case: It's fairly common for
different channels to be showing different seasons of the same show at
the same time (as in, same week, not necessarily same moment).
Sometimes we even get the same channel showing different seasons at
different times of day. Personally I'd usually rather watch the
earliest in the series next rather than the one that was recorded the
longest time ago. I can do this, of course, but not through the Watch
List.

--
Simon Waldman
swaldman [at] firecloud