Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV

trebor_s at web

Jun 29, 2012, 2:09 AM

Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV

Hello everybody,

this is pretty much a question to the developers.
Is there any chance that the recent mythmusic changes from paul-h will
be added to the master MythTV? He has added internet radio streaming
which is awesome. It works like a charm and should really be added. This
makes MythTV much more attractive to users.

Best regards

Robert S

g8ecj at gilks

Jun 29, 2012, 3:41 AM

Re: Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV [In reply to]

> Hello everybody,
>
> this is pretty much a question to the developers.
> Is there any chance that the recent mythmusic changes from paul-h will
> be added to the master MythTV? He has added internet radio streaming
> which is awesome. It works like a charm and should really be added. This
> makes MythTV much more attractive to users.

Greetings

I'm an everybody rather than a developer but this interests me a lot. I've
asked on the list a couple of times how I can put a few fixed stations
into the database so I can replace the mythstream functionality I've lost
by moving up to 0.25.

It sounds to me (since you say it works well!!) that you have done this.
Could you give us a clue to how its done please or where there is a patch
that will allow it via the frontend GUI?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks

trebor_s at web

Jun 29, 2012, 4:17 AM

Re: Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV [In reply to]

Am 2012-06-29 12:41, schrieb Robin Gilks:

>> Hello everybody, this
is pretty much a question to the developers. Is there any chance that
the recent mythmusic changes from paul-h will be added to the master
MythTV? He has added internet radio streaming which is awesome. It works
like a charm and should really be added. This makes MythTV much more
attractive to users.

> Greetings
>
> I'm an everybody rather than a
developer but this interests me a lot. I've
> asked on the list a couple
of times how I can put a few fixed stations
> into the database so I can
replace the mythstream functionality I've lost
> by moving up to 0.25.
>

> It sounds to me (since you say it works well!!) that you have done
this.
> Could you give us a clue to how its done please or where there
is a patch
> that will allow it via the frontend GUI?
>
> Cheers

Hi,

you need to have your own git repository with the sources of MythTV.
There you can do your own changes to the source code or apply changes
from other developers.

To update your git repository to the latest
MythTv version you usually do something like "git pull
git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git master".

To include the streaming
stuff from paul-h MythTV repository you need to do a "git pull
git://github.com/paul-h/mythtv.git master"

You can then compile it
from these sources and install it.

Its probably the best if some
developer just merges paul-h changes into MythTV. Or the Mythbuntu guys
could create a MythTV version with the streaming stuff included.

Cheers

warpme at o2

Jun 29, 2012, 4:00 PM

Re: Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV [In reply to]

On 6/29/12 1:17 PM, Robert Siebert wrote:

> Am 2012-06-29 12:41, schrieb Robin Gilks:
>
>>> Hello everybody, this is pretty much a question to the developers.
>>> Is there any chance that the recent mythmusic changes from paul-h
>>> will be added to the master MythTV? He has added internet radio
>>> streaming which is awesome. It works like a charm and should really
>>> be added. This makes MythTV much more attractive to users.
>> Greetings
>>
>> I'm an everybody rather than a developer but this interests me a lot. I've
>> asked on the list a couple of times how I can put a few fixed stations
>> into the database so I can replace the mythstream functionality I've lost
>> by moving up to 0.25.
>>
>> It sounds to me (since you say it works well!!) that you have done this.
>> Could you give us a clue to how its done please or where there is a patch
>> that will allow it via the frontend GUI?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
> Hi,
>
> you need to have your own git repository with the sources of MythTV.
> There you can do your own changes to the source code or apply changes
> from other developers.
>
> To update your git repository to the latest MythTv version you usually
> do something like "git pull git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git master".
>
> To include the streaming stuff from paul-h MythTV repository you need
> to do a "git pull git://github.com/paul-h/mythtv.git master"
>
> You can then compile it from these sources and install it.
>
> Its probably the best if some developer just merges paul-h changes
> into MythTV. Or the Mythbuntu guys could create a MythTV version with
> the streaming stuff included.
>
> Cheers

Oh, I just backported it to my 0.25-fixes.
Awesome.
Internet radio support was for me one from mostly missed features in MythTV.
Paul: big big thanx for it.
Love it !

-br
Attachments: warpme.vcf (83 B)

g8ecj at gilks

Jun 29, 2012, 9:47 PM

Re: Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV [In reply to]

>>> Greetings
>>>
>>> I'm an everybody rather than a developer but this interests me a lot.
>>> I've
>>> asked on the list a couple of times how I can put a few fixed stations
>>> into the database so I can replace the mythstream functionality I've
>>> lost
>>> by moving up to 0.25.
>>>
>>> It sounds to me (since you say it works well!!) that you have done
>>> this.
>>> Could you give us a clue to how its done please or where there is a
>>> patch
>>> that will allow it via the frontend GUI?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> you need to have your own git repository with the sources of MythTV.
>> There you can do your own changes to the source code or apply changes
>> from other developers.
>>
>> To update your git repository to the latest MythTv version you usually
>> do something like "git pull git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git master".
>>
>> To include the streaming stuff from paul-h MythTV repository you need
>> to do a "git pull git://github.com/paul-h/mythtv.git master"
>>
>> You can then compile it from these sources and install it.
>>
>> Its probably the best if some developer just merges paul-h changes
>> into MythTV. Or the Mythbuntu guys could create a MythTV version with
>> the streaming stuff included.
>>
>> Cheers

Thanks - you have encouraged me to start hacking...

Just had a look at the sources - I use Gentoo and the ebuild builder
script - and it looks pretty straight forward. I'll attempt by hacking the
main archive file with a copy of MythMusic straight out of master, rebuild
the manifest and see if it flies :) I've got a spare chroot I can play
with.

Did you find you only had to rebuild the music plugin and copy the
relevant xml files across?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks

trebor_s at web

Jun 30, 2012, 1:10 AM

Re: Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV [In reply to]

Robert Siebert wrote:

developers. Is there any chance that the recent mythmusic changes from
paul-h will be added to the master MythTV? He has added internet radio
streaming which is awesome. It works like a charm and should really be
added. This makes MythTV much more attractive to users.
I'm an everybody rather than a developer but this interests me a lot.
I've asked on the list a couple of times how I can put a few fixed
stations into the database so I can replace the mythstream functionality
I've lost by moving up to 0.25. It sounds to me (since you say it works
well!!) that you have done this. Could you give us a clue to how its
done please or where there is a patch that will allow it via the
frontend GUI? Cheers
>>> Hi, you need to have your own git repository
with the sources of MythTV. There you can do your own changes to the
source code or apply changes from other developers. To update your git
repository to the latest MythTv version you usually do something like
"git pull git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git master". To include the
streaming stuff from paul-h MythTV repository you need to do a "git pull
git://github.com/paul-h/mythtv.git master" You can then compile it from
these sources and install it. Its probably the best if some developer
just merges paul-h changes into MythTV. Or the Mythbuntu guys could
create a MythTV version with the streaming stuff included. Cheers

Thanks - you have encouraged me to start hacking...

> Just had a look
at the sources - I use Gentoo and the ebuild builder
> script - and it
looks pretty straight forward. I'll attempt by hacking the
> main
archive file with a copy of MythMusic straight out of master, rebuild

the manifest and see if it flies :) I've got a spare chroot I can play

with.

> Did you find you only had to rebuild the music plugin and
copy the
> relevant xml files across?
>
> Cheers

If you have merged
the paul-h's repository into yours then it should be enough to rebuild
mythmusic. It will install all the relevant files.

g8ecj at gilks

Jun 30, 2012, 4:04 PM

Re: Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV [In reply to]

> If you have merged
> the paul-h's repository into yours then it should be enough to rebuild
> mythmusic. It will install all the relevant files.

I'm running 0.25-fixes, not master so I'll have to merge across branches
(or just manually copy across!!). Just tried compiling against 0.25
headers and mythdate is missing so more work that I may have time for at
present :(

--
Robin Gilks