Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

HD-PVR stability: 0.25.0 versus 0.25.1

jppoet at gmail

Jun 26, 2012, 5:39 PM

HD-PVR stability: 0.25.0 versus 0.25.1

I am curious how 0.25.1 compares to 0.25.0 in regards to HD-PVR stability.
The signal monitor for the HD-PVR was re-written for 0.25.1 to help with
LiveTV. Has this change made your HD-PVR better, worse or the same?

Please include your kernel version, linux distribution, HD-PVR firmware
version and STB model.

Thanks,

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

adeffs.mythtv at gmail

Jun 27, 2012, 1:21 PM

Re: HD-PVR stability: 0.25.0 versus 0.25.1 [In reply to]

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM, John P Poet <jppoet [at] gmail> wrote:

> I am curious how 0.25.1 compares to 0.25.0 in regards to HD-PVR stability.
> The signal monitor for the HD-PVR was re-written for 0.25.1 to help with
> LiveTV.  Has this change made your HD-PVR better, worse or the same?
>
> Please include your kernel version, linux distribution, HD-PVR firmware
> version and STB model.

Worse. I've documented this in the mailing list, but basically, MythTV
can no longer be trusted to record anything. Some things work, some
don't, some show up as being recorded in the Upcoming Recordings and
"Status" mythweb pages, but no file or entry in the 'recorded'
database is made for that recording. I've gone and built a previous
version to get things to at least work like they did before which was
way more reliable.

ubuntu
2.6.32-24-generic
vendor_id = 0x000025f2 model_id = 0x0000f740
I believe Firmware 1.5.7

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!

mdupuis at ocg

Jun 27, 2012, 1:55 PM

Re: HD-PVR stability: 0.25.0 versus 0.25.1 [In reply to]

I installed .25 last week and could not get it to work with my HDPVR. I upgraded to .25.1 and now it's working great (based on 2 days of experience)...

Don't bother with .25

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM, John P Poet <jppoet [at] gmail> wrote:

> I am curious how 0.25.1 compares to 0.25.0 in regards to HD-PVR stability.
> The signal monitor for the HD-PVR was re-written for 0.25.1 to help with
> LiveTV. Has this change made your HD-PVR better, worse or the same?
>
> Please include your kernel version, linux distribution, HD-PVR firmware
> version and STB model.

Worse. I've documented this in the mailing list, but basically, MythTV
can no longer be trusted to record anything. Some things work, some
don't, some show up as being recorded in the Upcoming Recordings and
"Status" mythweb pages, but no file or entry in the 'recorded'
database is made for that recording. I've gone and built a previous
version to get things to at least work like they did before which was
way more reliable.

ubuntu
2.6.32-24-generic
vendor_id = 0x000025f2 model_id = 0x0000f740
I believe Firmware 1.5.7

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,

xtragb at gmail

Jun 27, 2012, 5:07 PM

Re: HD-PVR stability: 0.25.0 versus 0.25.1 [In reply to]

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM, John P Poet <jppoet [at] gmail> wrote:

> I am curious how 0.25.1 compares to 0.25.0 in regards to HD-PVR stability.
> The signal monitor for the HD-PVR was re-written for 0.25.1 to help with
> LiveTV.  Has this change made your HD-PVR better, worse or the same?
>
> Please include your kernel version, linux distribution, HD-PVR firmware
> version and STB model.

Kernel 3.4.4 | Arch Linux | firmware version 0x15 | SA Explorer 4250HDC

The HD-PVR is working great for me since the signal monitor change.

Only problem now is that one channel channel triggers this bug:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg49356.html

but once that gets fixed, I think the HD-PVR will be rock stable with MythTV.