Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

0.25 ttvdb not working while tmdb is working? Wiki out of date.

anothersname at googlemail

Jun 24, 2012, 4:13 PM

0.25 ttvdb not working while tmdb is working? Wiki out of date.

I have spent the whole weekend updating various boxes to Mint and 0.25
from Fed13 an 0.23.

While I still have a few niggles most things seem to be working as hoped.

However I do have a problem with the metadata grabbers.

I have quite a large Video library built up over nearly 5 years now.

When I do a full scan on the backend server using the frontend app and
check the logs I see the tmdb grabber is running and working, indeed
the Fanart, Coverart etc... Storage Groups are getting populated.

However I cannot see any instance of the ttvdb grabber even running.
My naming conventions are good such as '3rd Rock from the
Sun.S01E01.avi' and everything in the library is similarly named.

The wiki entry refers to setting up the grabber on a page that doesn't
exist on 0.25fixes.

ttvdb.py is in the /usr/share/...... path you'd expect it to be and
running it manually show the version number etc.....

Any ideas for a quick fix before I have to start pulling things apart?

Thanks for all the work devs, pretty pleased with the results so far.

mythtv at hambone

Jun 24, 2012, 5:39 PM

Re: 0.25 ttvdb not working while tmdb is working? Wiki out of date. [In reply to]

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Another Sillyname <
anothersname [at] googlemail> wrote:

> Any ideas for a quick fix before I have to start pulling things apart?
>
> Thanks for all the work devs, pretty pleased with the results so far.

Try looking at Setup -> Artwork and Data Sources and see if both grabbers
are listed there. Just doing that might auto-detect and fix your problem
for you after a Save/Okay.

I had a similar problem with Fedora but I was missing python-lxml. It
sounds like you have the bindings since you are getting successful movie
lookups.

Hope that helps,
Jerry

anothersname at googlemail

Jun 24, 2012, 11:51 PM

Re: 0.25 ttvdb not working while tmdb is working? Wiki out of date. [In reply to]

On 25 June 2012 01:39, Jerry <mythtv [at] hambone> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Another Sillyname
> <anothersname [at] googlemail> wrote:
>>
>> Any ideas for a quick fix before I have to start pulling things apart?
>>
>> Thanks for all the work devs, pretty pleased with the results so far.
>

> Try looking at Setup -> Artwork and Data Sources and see if both grabbers
> are listed there.  Just doing that might auto-detect and fix your problem
> for you after a Save/Okay.
>
> I had a similar problem with Fedora but I was missing python-lxml.  It
> sounds like you have the bindings since you are getting successful movie
> lookups.

Thanks Jerry

I had at look at that setting and it there and intact, the script is
where it should be as well but there's nothing in the frontend log
that indicates it's getting used.

Does anyone know the actual 'trip' mechanism for which grabber script
get's pulled?

My understanding is that if the title is formatted with the
Title.S01E01.Subtitle.filetype format then the ttvdb.py script should
be getting called? However my log is full of the tmdb script getting
called for files in that format (and then subsequently not found
obviously).

As this was an upgrade from a 0.23 database (and the database itself
probably goes back nearly 10 years) I wonder if it's worth clearing
all the contents and doing a totally new and fresh rescan?

Ideas anyone?

kenneth.emerson at gmail

Jun 25, 2012, 6:49 AM

Re: 0.25 ttvdb not working while tmdb is working? Wiki out of date. [In reply to]

> I had at look at that setting and it there and intact, the script is
> where it should be as well but there's nothing in the frontend log
> that indicates it's getting used.
>
> Does anyone know the actual 'trip' mechanism for which grabber script
> get's pulled?
>
> My understanding is that if the title is formatted with the
> Title.S01E01.Subtitle.filetype format then the ttvdb.py script should
> be getting called? However my log is full of the tmdb script getting
> called for files in that format (and then subsequently not found
> obviously).
>
> As this was an upgrade from a 0.23 database (and the database itself
> probably goes back nearly 10 years) I wonder if it's worth clearing
> all the contents and doing a totally new and fresh rescan?
>
> Ideas anyone?

Not sure if this will help but I have been seeing this behavior in videos
since the beginning of this year (see my post at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/501337?nohighlight=1#501337).
I continue to have this problem on all new TV series videos I place in the
videos SG. To get the metadata to load, I have to first reset the metadata
(Info / Edit Metadata / Reset Metadata) and then ask for a new metadata
lookup (w on the keyboard). This has always worked and I'm still at a loss
to understand how the scan when you first enter videos is different
(ignoring the sxxexx in the title) basically expecting to find everything
with tmdb.

-- Ken E.

anothersname at googlemail

Jun 25, 2012, 10:56 AM

Re: 0.25 ttvdb not working while tmdb is working? Wiki out of date. [In reply to]

On 25 June 2012 14:49, Kenneth Emerson <kenneth.emerson [at] gmail> wrote:
>> I had at look at that setting and it there and intact, the script is
>> where it should be as well but there's nothing in the frontend log
>> that indicates it's getting used.
>>
>> Does anyone know the actual 'trip' mechanism for which grabber script
>> get's pulled?
>>
>> My understanding is that if the title is formatted with the
>> Title.S01E01.Subtitle.filetype format then the ttvdb.py script should
>> be getting called?  However my log is full of the tmdb script getting
>> called for files in that format (and then subsequently not found
>> obviously).
>>
>> As this was an upgrade from a 0.23 database (and the database itself
>> probably goes back nearly 10 years) I wonder if it's worth clearing
>> all the contents and doing a totally new and fresh rescan?
>>
>> Ideas anyone?
>

> Not sure if this will help but I have been seeing this behavior in videos
> since the beginning of this year (see my post
> at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/501337?nohighlight=1#501337).
>  I continue to have this problem on all new TV series videos I place in the
> videos SG.  To get the metadata to load, I have to first reset the metadata
> (Info / Edit Metadata / Reset Metadata) and then ask for a new metadata
> lookup (w on the keyboard).  This has always worked and I'm still at a loss
> to understand how the scan when you first enter videos is different
> (ignoring the sxxexx in the title) basically expecting to find everything
> with tmdb.
>
> -- Ken E.

Thanks Kenneth

Having now read lots on this I've come to the conclusion the easiest
thing to do is flush my videos database and do a rescan to rebuild it.

I've looked at the sql tables and it looks like I need to flush....

mythconverg.videometadatacast
mythconverg.videometadata

Are there any other tables I should flush at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

mtdean at thirdcontact

Jun 26, 2012, 1:01 PM

Re: 0.25 ttvdb not working while tmdb is working? Wiki out of date. [In reply to]

On 06/25/2012 01:56 PM, Another Sillyname wrote:
> On 25 June 2012 14:49, Kenneth Emerson wrote:
>>> I had at look at that setting and it there and intact, the script is
>>> where it should be as well but there's nothing in the frontend log
>>> that indicates it's getting used.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know the actual 'trip' mechanism for which grabber script
>>> get's pulled?
>>>
>>> My understanding is that if the title is formatted with the
>>> Title.S01E01.Subtitle.filetype format then the ttvdb.py script should
>>> be getting called? However my log is full of the tmdb script getting
>>> called for files in that format (and then subsequently not found
>>> obviously).
>>>
>>> As this was an upgrade from a 0.23 database (and the database itself
>>> probably goes back nearly 10 years) I wonder if it's worth clearing
>>> all the contents and doing a totally new and fresh rescan?
>>>
>>> Ideas anyone?
>>
>> Not sure if this will help but I have been seeing this behavior in videos
>> since the beginning of this year (see my post
>> at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/501337?nohighlight=1#501337).
>> I continue to have this problem on all new TV series videos I place in the
>> videos SG. To get the metadata to load, I have to first reset the metadata
>> (Info / Edit Metadata / Reset Metadata) and then ask for a new metadata
>> lookup (w on the keyboard). This has always worked and I'm still at a loss
>> to understand how the scan when you first enter videos is different
>> (ignoring the sxxexx in the title) basically expecting to find everything
>> with tmdb.
> Thanks Kenneth
>
> Having now read lots on this I've come to the conclusion the easiest
> thing to do is flush my videos database and do a rescan to rebuild it.

Agreed.

> I've looked at the sql tables and it looks like I need to flush....
>
> mythconverg.videometadatacast
> mythconverg.videometadata
>
> Are there any other tables I should flush at the same time?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Point your Videos SG to an empty directory (and make sure your local
videos directory setting is empty), scan for changes, then point the
Videos SG back to the proper dir. That will properly clean up everything.

Mike