Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

MythVideo .25 - Problems with TV shows (from DVD)

mdupuis at ocg

Jun 24, 2012, 8:47 AM

MythVideo .25 - Problems with TV shows (from DVD)

I bought the series Boston Legal on DVD and have ripped it, and placed each episode as an mp4 file into my videos folder.

Unlike 0.24, mythvideo no longer shows the name of the file on the box (since no graphic is available)...so I have to hover over each episode to determine the name (eg: "Boston Legal S3 - D1 - E1" for seasons 3, disk 1, episode 1). Is there a way to make 0.25 behave like 0.24 in this situation?

As well, the thetvdb.com database has lots of great info about the seris. Can Myth update the video entry from this source? Or will the ttvdb.py script only update files in the recordings folder?

Thanks!

nick.rout at gmail

Jun 27, 2012, 7:53 PM

Re: MythVideo .25 - Problems with TV shows (from DVD) [In reply to]

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 3:47 AM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis [at] ocg> wrote:
> I bought the series Boston Legal on DVD and have ripped it, and placed each
> episode as an mp4 file into my videos folder.
>
> Unlike 0.24, mythvideo no longer shows the name of the file on the box
> (since no graphic is available)...so I have to hover over each episode to
> determine the name (eg: "Boston Legal S3 - D1 - E1" for seasons 3, disk 1,
> episode 1).  Is there a way to make 0.25 behave like 0.24 in this situation?
>
> As well, the thetvdb.com database has lots of great info about the seris.
> Can Myth update the video entry from this source?  Or will the ttvdb.py
> script only update files in the recordings folder?

yes but you will need to name them properly - ttvdb has no idea about
disk nuber, you need an absolute episode number in the season:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing