Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Any know problems with analog channel changes?

raptorjr08 at gmail

Jun 17, 2012, 11:04 AM

Any know problems with analog channel changes?

Hello

I tried my analog card today, worked fine on the first channel. But if i
try to change channel i eventually get a video frame buffer failed to many
times.
Tried to use tv-viewer that uses mplayer to show tv, and it worked with
changing channels. MythTV has been working before. See log for more
details. I'm running version master [v0.26-pre-563-g913caed].

/Stefan
Attachments: Log.txt.gz (4.80 KB)

jpreston at longlines

Jun 17, 2012, 2:59 PM

Re: Any know problems with analog channel changes? [In reply to]

Check your resolution settings in the recording profile on the backend. The defaults for all MPEG encoders is incorrect. It can can cause ghosting, distortions, etc....

It even says what the resolution settings should be on the on-screen help, so why it is not set correctly is beyond me. The correct setting for SD is 720 x 480.

Stefan D <raptorjr08 [at] gmail> wrote:

Hello

I tried my analog card today, worked fine on the first channel. But if i try to change channel i eventually get a video frame buffer failed to many times.
Tried to use tv-viewer that uses mplayer to show tv, and it worked with changing channels. MythTV has been working before. See log for more details. I'm running version master [v0.26-pre-563-g913caed].

/Stefan

gilbert.drew at gmail

Jun 19, 2012, 4:14 PM

Re: Any know problems with analog channel changes? [In reply to]

On Sunday 17 Jun 2012 20:04:02 Stefan D wrote:

> Hello
>
> I tried my analog card today, worked fine on the first channel. But if i try
to change channel i eventually get a video frame buffer failed to many times.
> Tried to use tv-viewer that uses mplayer to show tv, and it worked with
changing channels. MythTV has been working before. See log for more details.
I'm running version master [v0.26-pre-563-g913caed].

> /Stefan

This sounds similar to a problem that I've been hitting since 0.24 (running
0.25-fixes now) the closest bug match that I have seen is ticket 9177.
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9177. Try switching to a digital source
(if you have one) between channel changes and it might work better.

raptorjr08 at gmail

Jun 20, 2012, 12:00 AM

Re: Any know problems with analog channel changes? [In reply to]