Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

MythMusic 0.25 shared directory not working

iralleyne at gmail

MythMusic 0.25 shared directory not working

Is there a way to have the mythmusic storage location work like mythvideo?
I would like to define the location of my music files on the main backend
server. Then for all frontends and the secondary backends, I would like to
have access to the shared music without doing any configuration.

Has anyone gotten the sharing of music working in 0.25?

raymond at wagnerrp

Re: MythMusic 0.25 shared directory not working [In reply to]

On 5/27/2012 12:32, Ian Alleyne wrote:
> Is there a way to have the mythmusic storage location work like mythvideo?
> I would like to define the location of my music files on the main
> backend server. Then for all frontends and the secondary backends, I
> would like to have access to the shared music without doing any
> configuration.

Not as yet. That is the plan, and there is preliminary code to allow
the music player to access content over the backend protocol, but there
is no way to define or scan the paths using storage groups. For the
time being, you still need to use the old local settings in the
frontend, and share the content over NFS or similar.

iralleyne at gmail

MythMusic 0.25 shared directory not working [In reply to]

Thanks Raymond,
Any ideas when the new code will be available?
I have used the instructions for the configuration of NFS on 0.25 which I
used on previous mythtv versions. But following these steps allows me to
view the music on the remote frontends but it does not play. Can anyone let
me know the instructions I should follow to get NFS setup and mythmusic
working on my remote front ends?