Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

mythvidexport.py 0.7.5 issue with 0.25

mythtv-users at needhammarket

mythvidexport.py 0.7.5 issue with 0.25

I am running 0.25+fixes and having an issue with the 0.7.5 version of
the mythvidexport.py script provided by Raymond Wagner for 0.25
available at https://github.com/wagnerrp/mythtv-scripts/blob/master/python/mythvidexport.py

The script seems to always fail for my recordings. An example of the
output is given below:

/home/mythtv/scripts/mythvidexport.py --chanid 1003 --starttime
20110829152800 --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythvidexport.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/mythtv/scripts/mythvidexport.py", line 431, in <module>
main()
File "/home/mythtv/scripts/mythvidexport.py", line 403, in main
export = VIDEO(opts)
File "/home/mythtv/scripts/mythvidexport.py", line 65, in __init__
self.get_meta()
File "/home/mythtv/scripts/mythvidexport.py", line 128, in get_meta
metadata = self.rec.exportMetadata()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/dataheap.py", line
426, in exportMetadata
metadata[tag] = self[tag]
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/altdict.py", line 127,
in __setitem__
raise KeyError(str(name))
NameError: global name 'name' is not defined

raymond at wagnerrp

Re: mythvidexport.py 0.7.5 issue with 0.25 [In reply to]

On 5/24/2012 09:06, Chris Watson wrote:
> I am running 0.25+fixes

No ya ain't.

http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit?id=f22e5565bb

mythtv-users at needhammarket

Re: mythvidexport.py 0.7.5 issue with 0.25 [In reply to]

Sorry, I'm not with you (not being a developer!).

This is the output from mythbackend --version:

MythTV Version : v0.25
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120408-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2

Re: mythvidexport.py 0.7.5 issue with 0.25 [In reply to]

On 5/24/2012 09:59, Chris Watson wrote:
> On 24 May 2012 14:25, Raymond Wagner <raymond [at] wagnerrp> wrote:
>> On 5/24/2012 09:06, Chris Watson wrote:
>>>
>>> I am running 0.25+fixes
>>
>> No ya ain't.
>>
>> http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit?id=f22e5565bb
>
> Sorry, I'm not with you (not being a developer!).

The specific error you listed was fixed in the above commit, backported
and pushed the morning of May 9th. If you were running a recent copy of
0.25-fixes, you would have picked up the change in the bindings, and
would not be seeing that error.

Whether that will actually fix mythvidexport or not, I'm uncertain. I
haven't used it in a month or two, and the last time I did, I commented
out the block intended to pull data gathered by mythmetadatalookup as a
quick work around for that issue, making it behave similarly to how it
did in 0.24.

mythtv-users at needhammarket

Jun 18, 2012, 7:09 AM

Re: mythvidexport.py 0.7.5 issue with 0.25 [In reply to]

This does now appear to be fixed in 0.25+fixes, without commenting out anything.

Many thanks,
Chris