Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe?

beppo75 at web

Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe?

Hi all,

back in 2008 Kevin Wambsganz worked on the recipe plugin for MythTV but
unfortunately it disappeared before he released his plugin.

In my opinion it may be useful to increase the WAF and the chance to build an
other mythbox in the kitchen ;-)

I don't have the skills to build such a plugin from the scratch, so this is
just a question from somebody how only help testing...

Best regards

Beppo

george.galt at gmail

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Beppo <beppo75 [at] web> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> back in 2008 Kevin Wambsganz worked on the recipe plugin for MythTV but
> unfortunately it disappeared before he released his plugin.
>

> In my opinion it may be useful to increase the WAF and the chance to build
> an other mythbox in the kitchen ;-)
>

> I don't have the skills to build such a plugin from the scratch, so this is
> just a question from somebody how only help testing...
>

> Best regards
>

> Beppo

Beppo:

At the time, I grabbed a copy of the mythrecipe. It was on a machine
that no longer runs mythtv, so I'll have to go hunt around to see if I
still have a tar ball. However, my recollection was that it was still
**VERY** rough and not ready for prime time. I don't think it would
increase the WAF much to use it.

George

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On 05/21/2012 10:56 AM, George Galt wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Beppo wrote:
>> back in 2008 Kevin Wambsganz worked on the recipe plugin for MythTV but
>> unfortunately it disappeared before he released his plugin.
>>

>> In my opinion it may be useful to increase the WAF and the chance to build
>> an other mythbox in the kitchen ;-)
>>

>> I don't have the skills to build such a plugin from the scratch, so this is
>> just a question from somebody how only help testing...
>>
> Beppo:
>
> At the time, I grabbed a copy of the mythrecipe. It was on a machine
> that no longer runs mythtv, so I'll have to go hunt around to see if I
> still have a tar ball. However, my recollection was that it was still
> **VERY** rough and not ready for prime time. I don't think it would
> increase the WAF much to use it.

And, FWIW, it would have to be completely rewritten to be usable with
current MythTV. Since MythRecipe was last working, we have changed to a
completely different UI engine for MythTV, so there wouldn't be much
usable code in the old tarball.

IMHO, the easiest--and best--approach to getting a MythRecipe would be
to write a brand new one from scratch (ideally with developer(s) who
have used other recipe managers and have learned from their strengths
and weaknesses).

Then again, you may even be better off just using an external recipe
manager (which will still require a computer--on which you could also
install MythTV) and setting up an entry in your Menu Theme to EXEC the
other program (at which point MythTV will wait and ignore any
LIRC/keyboard input, so you don't have to worry about key/button presses
doing bad things in MythTV while using the other application).

Since we don't currently support watching TV while using any plugins (or
similar), it's not like you would lose any abilities by using an
external app. And, in fact, depending on how you configure the display,
with an external application, you could have MythTV running in a window
(or on one screen) while the external recipe manager runs in another
window (or on another screen), so you could actually watch TV while
using the recipe manager. The windows could be tiled or overlapping or ...

Mike

beppo75 at web

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

Am Montag, 21. Mai 2012, 12:26:35 schrieb Michael T. Dean:
> On 05/21/2012 10:56 AM, George Galt wrote:
> > On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Beppo wrote:
> >> back in 2008 Kevin Wambsganz worked on the recipe plugin for MythTV but
> >> unfortunately it disappeared before he released his plugin.
> >>

> >> In my opinion it may be useful to increase the WAF and the chance to
> >> build
> >> an other mythbox in the kitchen ;-)
> >>

> >> I don't have the skills to build such a plugin from the scratch, so this
> >> is
> >> just a question from somebody how only help testing...
> >
> > Beppo:
> >
> > At the time, I grabbed a copy of the mythrecipe. It was on a machine
> > that no longer runs mythtv, so I'll have to go hunt around to see if I
> > still have a tar ball. However, my recollection was that it was still
> > **VERY** rough and not ready for prime time. I don't think it would
> > increase the WAF much to use it.
>
> And, FWIW, it would have to be completely rewritten to be usable with
> current MythTV. Since MythRecipe was last working, we have changed to a
> completely different UI engine for MythTV, so there wouldn't be much
> usable code in the old tarball.
>
> IMHO, the easiest--and best--approach to getting a MythRecipe would be
> to write a brand new one from scratch (ideally with developer(s) who
> have used other recipe managers and have learned from their strengths
> and weaknesses).
>
> Then again, you may even be better off just using an external recipe
> manager (which will still require a computer--on which you could also
> install MythTV) and setting up an entry in your Menu Theme to EXEC the
> other program (at which point MythTV will wait and ignore any
> LIRC/keyboard input, so you don't have to worry about key/button presses
> doing bad things in MythTV while using the other application).
>
> Since we don't currently support watching TV while using any plugins (or
> similar), it's not like you would lose any abilities by using an
> external app. And, in fact, depending on how you configure the display,
> with an external application, you could have MythTV running in a window
> (or on one screen) while the external recipe manager runs in another
> window (or on another screen), so you could actually watch TV while
> using the recipe manager. The windows could be tiled or overlapping or ...
>
> Mike

Thanks George and Mike for your reply.

You both are right with your thoughts.
As I mentioned before, I only what to look onto the "old" mythrecipe to
understand how it works. Thanks George for searching of the copy of
mythrecipe!

Mike, I have already a modified menu to open up the browser at a cook website.
But in my concept I want to save all my recipes at at a central place, best in
a database to access the data on every computer in the home network and via
browser over the internet by a mythweb module.

For me, MythTV is more than only watching TV, it more a uniform interface to
access my most wanted contents.

For example the build in rss news reader in MythTV have nothing to do with TV
contents but I don't what to miss this feature.

Best regards

Beppo

eric at lisaneric

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:42 AM, Beppo <beppo75 [at] web> wrote:
> But in my concept I want to save all my recipes at at a central place, best
> in a database to access the data on every computer in the home network and
> via browser over the internet by a mythweb module.

I think you should look into Gourmet:

http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net/

If you really want to have a new MythRecipe plugin, it could be done
as a simpler interface to Gourmet, rather than trying to implement
everything and storing recipes in the mythconverg database as
MythRecipe did. Without a new plugin, simply launching Gourmet as an
external app from the mythtv menu might get you most of what you want.

Eric

adeffs.mythtv at gmail

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric [at] lisaneric> wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:42 AM, Beppo <beppo75 [at] web> wrote:
>> But in my concept I want to save all my recipes at at a central place, best
>> in a database to access the data on every computer in the home network and
>> via browser over the internet by a mythweb module.
>
> I think you should look into Gourmet:
>
>  http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net/
>
> If you really want to have a new MythRecipe plugin, it could be done
> as a simpler interface to Gourmet, rather than trying to implement
> everything and storing recipes in the mythconverg database as
> MythRecipe did.   Without a new plugin, simply launching Gourmet as an
> external app from the mythtv menu might get you most of what you want.
>
> Eric

MythRecipe was VERY frustrating. I really like the concept, but in the
end, it just wasn't very polished.

As Eric said, you are probably better off with a standard application
like Gourmet Recipe Manager.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!

george.galt at gmail

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric [at] lisaneric> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:42 AM, Beppo <beppo75 [at] web> wrote:
>>> But in my concept I want to save all my recipes at at a central place, best
>>> in a database to access the data on every computer in the home network and
>>> via browser over the internet by a mythweb module.
>>
>> I think you should look into Gourmet:
>>
>>  http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> If you really want to have a new MythRecipe plugin, it could be done
>> as a simpler interface to Gourmet, rather than trying to implement
>> everything and storing recipes in the mythconverg database as
>> MythRecipe did.   Without a new plugin, simply launching Gourmet as an
>> external app from the mythtv menu might get you most of what you want.
>>
>> Eric
>
> MythRecipe was VERY frustrating. I really like the concept, but in the
> end, it just wasn't very polished.
>
> As Eric said, you are probably better off with a standard application
> like Gourmet Recipe Manager.
>

> --
> Steve
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff
> Before you ask, read the FAQ!
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> then search the Wiki, and this list,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

I'd second Steven's comments. Because the Myth interface is geared
towards a remote, it doesn't really work for recipes -- other than
simply displaying them. For that purpose, gourmet or krecipe work. I
also use Pepper Pot on my iPad, which is great in the kitchen because
it can move around with you like a real cookbook.

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On 05/22/2012 11:18 AM, George Galt wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>> I think you should look into Gourmet:
>>>
>>> http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net/
>>>
>>> If you really want to have a new MythRecipe plugin, it could be done
>>> as a simpler interface to Gourmet, rather than trying to implement
>>> everything and storing recipes in the mythconverg database as
>>> MythRecipe did. Without a new plugin, simply launching Gourmet as an
>>> external app from the mythtv menu might get you most of what you want.
>> MythRecipe was VERY frustrating. I really like the concept, but in the
>> end, it just wasn't very polished.
>>
>> As Eric said, you are probably better off with a standard application
>> like Gourmet Recipe Manager.
> I'd second Steven's comments. Because the Myth interface is geared
> towards a remote, it doesn't really work for recipes -- other than
> simply displaying them. For that purpose, gourmet or krecipe work. I
> also use Pepper Pot on my iPad, which is great in the kitchen because
> it can move around with you like a real cookbook.

And, FWIW, even though Gourmet Recipe Manager is based on SQLite, it
uses SQL Alchemy (which provides a capability of using other
databases). A motivated individual could likely fix gourmet to allow
use with MySQL (using the --database-url option) relatively easily, then
your EXEC in the MythTV menu could run it against a (non-mythconverg,
I'd highly recommend***) database on the same server that hosts the
MythTV mythconverg database, so the data is available on any host. Or,
better, because it's not a MythTV plugin, you'd be able to run it
independently of MythTV--allowing tiled or separate-screen usage while
playing back recordings/video using MythTV (as I mentioned before).

See

http://blog.henrygis.com/2011/02/running-gourmet-recipe-manager-side-by.html
http://blog.henrygis.com/2011/02/setting-up-gourmet-recipe-manager-part.html

and I'm pretty sure the author would be pleased to receive patches that
fix MySQL support:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/grecipe-manager/forums/forum/371767/topic/3397765
(3rd post, by thomas_hinkle , the author/creator/admin of Gourmet)

and, for the "marketing" reasons to choose gourmet:

http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net/

I know that AnyMeal ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/anymeal/ ) uses
MySQL, already, but it seems to be more basic and may or may not be
abandoned (if nothing else, it's not very active--last release was Feb
2010, and the web site is dead:
http://www.wedesoft.demon.co.uk/anymeal-api/ ). Not sure about others,
like krecipe and such...

Mike

*** There's no reason for Gourmet Recipe Manager to use MythTV's
database to store its data. None of the data would be MythTV-specific,
so it makes more sense to create a Gourmet-specific database for just
your recipes. This would make maintenance easier and more flexible, and
would also allow non-MythTV users to use MySQL for Gourmet storage,
using the exact same approach you use.

adeffs.mythtv at gmail

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean [at] thirdcontact> wrote:
> On 05/22/2012 11:18 AM, George Galt wrote:

>>> MythRecipe was VERY frustrating. I really like the concept, but in the
>>>
>>> end, it just wasn't very polished.
>>>
>>> As Eric said, you are probably better off with a standard application
>>> like Gourmet Recipe Manager.
>>
>> I'd second Steven's comments.  Because the Myth interface is geared
>>
>> towards a remote, it doesn't really work for recipes -- other than
>> simply displaying them.  For that purpose, gourmet or krecipe work.  I
>> also use Pepper Pot on my iPad, which is great in the kitchen because
>> it can move around with you like a real cookbook.
>

> And, FWIW, even though Gourmet Recipe Manager is based on SQLite, it uses
> SQL Alchemy (which provides a capability of using other databases).  A
> motivated individual could likely fix gourmet to allow use with MySQL (using
> the --database-url option) relatively easily, then your EXEC in the MythTV
> menu could run it against a (non-mythconverg, I'd highly recommend***)
> database on the same server that hosts the MythTV mythconverg database, so
> the data is available on any host.  Or, better, because it's not a MythTV
> plugin, you'd be able to run it independently of MythTV--allowing tiled or
> separate-screen usage while playing back recordings/video using MythTV (as I
> mentioned before).
>
> See
>
> http://blog.henrygis.com/2011/02/running-gourmet-recipe-manager-side-by.html
> http://blog.henrygis.com/2011/02/setting-up-gourmet-recipe-manager-part.html
>
> and I'm pretty sure the author would be pleased to receive patches that fix
> MySQL support:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/grecipe-manager/forums/forum/371767/topic/3397765
> (3rd post, by thomas_hinkle , the author/creator/admin of Gourmet)
>
> and, for the "marketing" reasons to choose gourmet:
>
> http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net/
>
> I know that AnyMeal ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/anymeal/ ) uses MySQL,
> already, but it seems to be more basic and may or may not be abandoned (if
> nothing else, it's not very active--last release was Feb 2010, and the web
> site is dead:  http://www.wedesoft.demon.co.uk/anymeal-api/ ).  Not sure
> about others, like krecipe and such...
>
> Mike
>
> *** There's no reason for Gourmet Recipe Manager to use MythTV's database to
> store its data.  None of the data would be MythTV-specific, so it makes more
> sense to create a Gourmet-specific database for just your recipes.  This
> would make maintenance easier and more flexible, and would also allow
> non-MythTV users to use MySQL for Gourmet storage, using the exact same
> approach you use.

I think I may need to seriously look into Gourmet now instead of my
current LibreOffice recipe document template...

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean [at] thirdcontact> wrote:

>>> I'd second Steven's comments.  Because the Myth interface is geared
>>>
>>> towards a remote, it doesn't really work for recipes -- other than
>>> simply displaying them.  For that purpose, gourmet or krecipe work.  I
>>> also use Pepper Pot on my iPad, which is great in the kitchen because
>>> it can move around with you like a real cookbook.
>>

>> And, FWIW, even though Gourmet Recipe Manager is based on SQLite, it uses
>> SQL Alchemy (which provides a capability of using other databases).  A
>> motivated individual could likely fix gourmet to allow use with MySQL (using
>> the --database-url option) relatively easily, then your EXEC in the MythTV
>> menu could run it against a (non-mythconverg, I'd highly recommend***)
>> database on the same server that hosts the MythTV mythconverg database, so
>> the data is available on any host.  Or, better, because it's not a MythTV
>> plugin, you'd be able to run it independently of MythTV--allowing tiled or
>> separate-screen usage while playing back recordings/video using MythTV (as I
>> mentioned before).
>>
>> See
>>
>> http://blog.henrygis.com/2011/02/running-gourmet-recipe-manager-side-by.html
>> http://blog.henrygis.com/2011/02/setting-up-gourmet-recipe-manager-part.html
>>
>> and I'm pretty sure the author would be pleased to receive patches that fix
>> MySQL support:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/grecipe-manager/forums/forum/371767/topic/3397765
>> (3rd post, by thomas_hinkle , the author/creator/admin of Gourmet)
>>
>> and, for the "marketing" reasons to choose gourmet:
>>
>> http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> I know that AnyMeal ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/anymeal/ ) uses MySQL,
>> already, but it seems to be more basic and may or may not be abandoned (if
>> nothing else, it's not very active--last release was Feb 2010, and the web
>> site is dead:  http://www.wedesoft.demon.co.uk/anymeal-api/ ).  Not sure
>> about others, like krecipe and such...
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> *** There's no reason for Gourmet Recipe Manager to use MythTV's database to
>> store its data.  None of the data would be MythTV-specific, so it makes more
>> sense to create a Gourmet-specific database for just your recipes.  This
>> would make maintenance easier and more flexible, and would also allow
>> non-MythTV users to use MySQL for Gourmet storage, using the exact same
>> approach you use.
>
> I think I may need to seriously look into Gourmet now instead of my
> current LibreOffice recipe document template...
>

> --
> Steve
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff
> Before you ask, read the FAQ!
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> then search the Wiki, and this list,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

FYI, I have been unable so far to locate the source tarball for the
mythrecipe rewrite. So I don't think I'll be able to help out here.

George

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On 05/22/2012 12:59 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I think I may need to seriously look into Gourmet now instead of my
> current LibreOffice recipe document template...

Hehe, installing it has been on my TODO list for far too long, now. I
did, finally, buy a new system and monitor to become my kitchen computer
(with MythTV and Gourmet), but put deployment on hold because my main TV
broke, so I'm using the kitchen computer monitor as my TV until I
finally decided whether to fix or replace the main TV (have decided to
try to fix it) and get the part I need (should arrive Friday).

Without Gourmet, I've been using text files and vi, so your LibreOffice
template is quite a step above mine. :)

Mike

beppo75 at web

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2012, 15:44:45 schrieb Michael T. Dean:
> On 05/22/2012 12:59 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > I think I may need to seriously look into Gourmet now instead of my
> > current LibreOffice recipe document template...
>
> Hehe, installing it has been on my TODO list for far too long, now. I
> did, finally, buy a new system and monitor to become my kitchen computer
> (with MythTV and Gourmet), but put deployment on hold because my main TV
> broke, so I'm using the kitchen computer monitor as my TV until I
> finally decided whether to fix or replace the main TV (have decided to
> try to fix it) and get the part I need (should arrive Friday).
>
> Without Gourmet, I've been using text files and vi, so your LibreOffice
> template is quite a step above mine. :)
>
> Mike

Hi all

thanks for all the support!

I will try out your suggestions to find the one which suits to my needs.
But I'm right wen I say that we all look forward to have mythrecipe integrated
into MythTV ? Maybe we open up a feature request or something else ?

Best regards

Beppo

nick.rout at gmail

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean [at] thirdcontact> wrote:
> On 05/22/2012 12:59 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> I think I may need to seriously look into Gourmet now instead of my
>> current LibreOffice recipe document template...
>

> Hehe, installing it has been on my TODO list for far too long, now.  I did,
> finally, buy a new system and monitor to become my kitchen computer (with
> MythTV and Gourmet), but put deployment on hold because my main TV broke, so
> I'm using the kitchen computer monitor as my TV until I finally decided
> whether to fix or replace the main TV (have decided to try to fix it) and
> get the part I need (should arrive Friday).
>
> Without Gourmet, I've been using text files and vi, so your LibreOffice
> template is quite a step above mine. :)
>
> Mike

I have imagined the kitchen frontend to be a touchscreen for some
time. Something easy to wipe clean, but that I can nudge with a
knuckle or tip of the little finger without putting down the chef's
knife.

The version of gourmet I installed didn't seem that amenable to a myth
style interface, but as someone said, it might be a good basis for a
new interface.

I don't actually have a need of a kitchen frontend as we have an open
plan kitchen/dining/lounge with a 55" TV at one end, very viewable
from the kitchen. Therefore incentive to build the solution is
minimal.

Actually at the moment recipes are a dodgy and largely unreproducible
google search for "recipe venison pie" etc

wambs at verizon

Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2012, 15:44:45 schrieb Michael T. Dean:

> On 05/22/2012 12:59 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> > I think I may need to seriously look into Gourmet now instead of my

> > current LibreOffice recipe document template...

> Hehe, installing it has been on my TODO list for far too long, now. I

> did, finally, buy a new system and monitor to become my kitchen computer

> (with MythTV and Gourmet), but put deployment on hold because my main TV

> broke, so I'm using the kitchen computer monitor as my TV until I

> finally decided whether to fix or replace the main TV (have decided to

> try to fix it) and get the part I need (should arrive Friday).

> Without Gourmet, I've been using text files and vi, so your LibreOffice

> template is quite a step above mine. :)

> Mike

Hi all

thanks for all the support!

I will try out your suggestions to find the one which suits to my needs.

But I'm right wen I say that we all look forward to have mythrecipe
integrated into MythTV ? Maybe we open up a feature request or something
else ?

Best regards

Beppo

Hello,

There were actually two versions of MythRecipe. The original one was an
older MythTv version with a too complicated database with reading all
recipes into memory when the plugin was started/selected. There was no
mythWeb interface.

I started a different version, where the MythWeb interface would have the
complete functionality, creating/importing recipes, and so on. But the Myth
Frontend, would just be used to view/search recipes, and watch TV while
following the recipe instructions. Creating recipes thru the frontend was
not very practically because I would copy the recipe I wanted from another
window.

There were two of us working on it, I have a rough version for the MythWeb
interface, where I create, search, list recipes. But the importing still was
not complete. My wife sometimes still uses the MythRecipe program. The Front
end version never did get very far. I was not working on that part. The
important thing we found that importing recipes for the sake of it is
wasteful because we had to search for the ones we really wanted and it would
just slow things down. So, we would just manually create, not import,
recipes that we like or maybe would like.

My hope was that the front end and the MythWeb interface would be more touch
screen friendly. Or maybe a skin/touch screen version of MythWeb would be
created back a few years ago. This would be very nice for Tablets/smart
phones . I was also hoping a few years back that the MythTV frontend get
more touch screen friendly as touch screen are better in the kitchen, no
keyboard/mice to get food on and to get in the way. Oh well, things didn't
work out that well for the front end for touch screens.

But I think the other recipe programs mentioned have a better short term
possibility than MythRecipe.

I guess custom Android Myth TV programs is the future for tablets. Things
are changing fast in the past few years.

I would also like to see MythTV have plugins for home automation stuff, like
Sprinklers, HVAC, Alarm System, Lights/Ceiling fans. But more on that later.

Kevin W.

wambs at verizon

Re: Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe? [In reply to]

> [...]

screen friendly. Or maybe a skin/touch screen version of MythWeb would be
created back a few years ago. This would be very nice for Tablets/smart phones
. I was also hoping a few years back that the MythTV frontend get more touch
screen friendly as touch screen are better in the kitchen, no keyboard/mice to
get food on and to get in the way. Oh well, things didn’t work out that well
for the front end for touch screens.

But I think the other recipe programs mentioned have a better short term
possibility than MythRecipe.

I guess custom Android Myth TV programs is the future for tablets. Things are
changing fast in the past few years.

I would also like to see MythTV have plugins for home automation stuff, like
Sprinklers, HVAC, Alarm System, Lights/Ceiling fans. But more on that later.

Hi Kevin,

is it possibly to compile your version of mythrecipe against the latest 0.25-
fixes branch ? And if that is possible, would you share you mythrecipe with me?

Best regards
Beppo