Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25)

john08w at gmail

Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25)

I have just upgraded from 0.24 to 0.25, via an upgrade of ubuntu to 12.04.
After the upgrade I noticed two probems. The first is the loss of some
tvicons, even though they have not been moved or relocated.

The other, which is more annoying, is when I scroll through the channels in
live TV some are missing, but they appear in the schedule and on the
mythweb. In live TV I can tune to the channel via the schedule, and I
can still get recordings etc.

mythtv-users at lists

Re: Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25) [In reply to]

J Willson wrote:
> mythweb. In live TV I can tune to the channel via the schedule, and I
> can still get recordings etc.

I guess MythTV is recording something atm and there are no free tuners
available. So only channels one the same multiplex are available to watch.

john08w at gmail

Re: Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25) [In reply to]

Unfortunatly, it happens when nothing is being recorded.
On May 22, 2012 5:57 PM, "Thomas Boehm" <mythtv-users [at] lists>
wrote:

> J Willson wrote:
> > mythweb. In live TV I can tune to the channel via the schedule, and I
> > can still get recordings etc.
>
> I guess MythTV is recording something atm and there are no free tuners
> available. So only channels one the same multiplex are available to watch.

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25) [In reply to]

capture devices or we can't guess what's causing the issue

On 05/22/2012 04:19 AM, J Willson wrote:
> Unfortunatly, it happens when nothing is being recorded.
>

> On May 22, 2012 5:57 PM, "Thomas Boehm"<mythtv-users [at] lists>
> wrote:
>
>> J Willson wrote:
>>> mythweb. In live TV I can tune to the channel via the schedule, and I
>>> can still get recordings etc.
>> I guess MythTV is recording something atm and there are no free tuners
>> available. So only channels one the same multiplex are available to watch.

jyavenard at gmail

Re: Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25) [In reply to]

On 22 May 2012 10:08, J Willson <john08w [at] gmail> wrote:
> The other, which is more annoying, is when I scroll through the channels in
> live TV some are missing, but they appear in the schedule and on the
> mythweb.  In live TV I can tune to the channel via the schedule, and I
> can still get recordings etc.

Did you enable the browse all channels / cars in live tv ??

jyavenard at gmail

Re: Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25) [In reply to]

On 23 May 2012 03:33, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
> On 22 May 2012 10:08, J Willson <john08w [at] gmail> wrote:
>> The other, which is more annoying, is when I scroll through the channels in
>> live TV some are missing, but they appear in the schedule and on the
>> mythweb.  In live TV I can tune to the channel via the schedule, and I
>> can still get recordings etc.
>
> Did you enable the browse all channels / cars in live tv ??

Should have mentioned that it's in
Setup -> Video -> Playback OSD

Make sure Always use browse mode in live tv

If you have more than one source, also check browse all channels

john08w at gmail

Re: Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25) [In reply to]

Thanks

Re: Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25) [In reply to]

On 23 May 2012 07:55, J Willson <john08w [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks

Did that fix your problem?

john08w at gmail

Re: Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25) [In reply to]

Looks like the problem was fixed. Not sure why the settings changed as
part of the upgrade.

jyavenard at gmail

Re: Live TV - won't scroll through all channels (0.25) [In reply to]

On 24 May 2012 14:40, J Willson <john08w [at] gmail> wrote:
> Looks like the problem was fixed.  Not sure why the settings changed as part
> of the upgrade.

The ability to select a card on the fly is a new feature added in 0.25

it didn't exist before.

If you had configured your TV capture card such as:
physical card 0:
encoder 0
encoder 1
physical card 1:
encoder 2
encoder 3

say you're recording on encoder 0, and start live TV with 0.24, for
live TV it would use the first card available, irrespective of the
card being fully usable or not. In 0.24 the first encoder available
would have been encoder 1; so that's what live TV would have used.

You would then have been stuck to the physical card 0's encoders and
only able to browse the channels on the same multiplex.

Starting with 0.25; it will choose encoder 1 to start with, but will
happily change on the fly to encoder 2 or 3 or whichever is available
for watching the program you want.

JY