Thanks,

Pieter

jyavenard at gmail

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

On 20 May 2012 13:06, Pieter De Wit <pieter [at] insync> wrote:
> I am currently waiting for the "frame freezing when change programs in
> livetv" bug to be fixed :)

Which bug is that?

Have you reported it on trac?

AFAIK, there's been no changes so far on LiveTV (not that there's need for some)

pieter at insync

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

On 20/05/2012 15:47, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 20 May 2012 13:06, Pieter De Wit<pieter [at] insync> wrote:
>> I am currently waiting for the "frame freezing when change programs in
>> livetv" bug to be fixed :)
> Which bug is that?
>
> Have you reported it on trac?
>
> AFAIK, there's been no changes so far on LiveTV (not that there's need for some)

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10490

I didn't notice that it was "fixed" I will log a new one since this is
(was on the previous patch) still on going. I only updated today and
havn't checked yet :)

Cheers,

Pieter

jyavenard at gmail

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

On 20 May 2012 17:22, Pieter De Wit <pieter [at] insync> wrote:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10490
>
> I didn't notice that it was "fixed" I will log a new one since this is (was
> on the previous patch) still on going. I only updated today and havn't
> checked yet :)

Please test with the latest version before logging a new bug.

AFAIK, this bug is fixed and it's now working very well.

Haven't had the problems since that last commit

snharris99 at live

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10490
>>
>> I didn't notice that it was "fixed" I will log a new one since this is
>> (was
>> on the previous patch) still on going. I only updated today and havn't
>> checked yet :)

>Please test with the latest version before logging a new bug.

>AFAIK, this bug is fixed and it's now working very well.

>Haven't had the problems since that last commit

I wouldn't exactly call it "fixed". While it is true is no longer freezes
and crashes back to the main window with the "buffer failed too many times"
error message, it now freezes for ~5 - 15 seconds before resuming playback
with the next program. It's a bit odd because immediately after the first
indication of a patch, my live TV transitions were nearly perfect, however a
few versions later I'm back to the ~5 - 15 second pauses.

I have also noticed that after a live TV program transition, the "position"
time no longer works. It will show xx : xx (i.e. 10:23 : 10:23) and if you
pause, skip back, etc it will always remain "sync'd" instead of showing the
your proper position in relation to total time.

support at drdos

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
> ~5 - 15 seconds before resuming playback with the next program

I don't see this. 1 to 1 1/2 second of stutter and then smooth. Time
shows correct. This is from .25 fixes compiled on Friday.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

snharris99 at live

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

>> ~5 - 15 seconds before resuming playback with the next program

>I don't see this. 1 to 1 1/2 second of stutter and then smooth. Time
>shows correct. This is from .25 fixes compiled on Friday.

>Doug

That's how mine was immediately after the first "comment this out" patch in
10490, then later after more work appeared to be done, I go to the long
pause.

pieter at insync

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

On 21/05/2012 00:01, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
>>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10490
>>>
>>> I didn't notice that it was "fixed" I will log a new one since this
>>> is (was
>>> on the previous patch) still on going. I only updated today and havn't
>>> checked yet :)
>
>> Please test with the latest version before logging a new bug.
>
>> AFAIK, this bug is fixed and it's now working very well.
>
>> Haven't had the problems since that last commit
>
> I wouldn't exactly call it "fixed". While it is true is no longer
> freezes and crashes back to the main window with the "buffer failed
> too many times" error message, it now freezes for ~5 - 15 seconds
> before resuming playback with the next program. It's a bit odd
> because immediately after the first indication of a patch, my live TV
> transitions were nearly perfect, however a few versions later I'm back
> to the ~5 - 15 second pauses.
>
> I have also noticed that after a live TV program transition, the
> "position" time no longer works. It will show xx : xx (i.e. 10:23 :
> 10:23) and if you pause, skip back, etc it will always remain "sync'd"
> instead of showing the your proper position in relation to total time.

I have also noticed the "time thing", but that doesn't bug me as much as
the following:

* Program transition
* The tuners issue and the window that pop's up asking to record a program

I can re-confirm the bug is still there (laggy transition)

(How about the original question, any ideas guys ? :) )

Cheers,

Pieter

support at drdos

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

Pieter De Wit wrote:

> I see that the 0.26 branch is on Ubuntu's repo's. What would be best
> to run if I want the "leading edge" fixes ?

'Leading edge fixes' says it all. That'd be .25 Fixes. Building from
source means you're ever only a git pull away.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

On 20.05.2012 19:45, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Pieter De Wit wrote:
>>
>> I see that the 0.26 branch is on Ubuntu's repo's. What would be best
>> to run if I want the "leading edge" fixes ?
>
> 'Leading edge fixes' says it all. That'd be .25 Fixes. Building from
> source means you're ever only a git pull away.

I find the terminology quite confusing...

Its either "bleeding edge", which would be master aka.
the-development-version-that-will-later-become-0.26-fixes. The wording
"bleeding edge" is a strong hint that its not for the faint of heart.
You need to keep a close eye on the development to select revisions
that are likely stable enough to not break your installation.

Or its "latest fixes" if you want the latest stable version, which
would be 0.25-fixes which involves neither bleeding nor edges in any
way ;)

Mythbuntu applies the name "0.26" to master after the 0.25 release up
to the 0.26 release and then switches to 0.26-fixes.

Regards,
Karl

pieter at insync

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

On 20/05/2012 20:28, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 20 May 2012 17:22, Pieter De Wit<pieter [at] insync> wrote:
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10490
>>
>> I didn't notice that it was "fixed" I will log a new one since this is (was
>> on the previous patch) still on going. I only updated today and havn't
>> checked yet :)
> Please test with the latest version before logging a new bug.
>
> AFAIK, this bug is fixed and it's now working very well.
>
> Haven't had the problems since that last commit
Just confirmed it - I still get the bug:

May 22 17:52:48 media mythfrontend[2379]: N CoreContext
mythplayer.cpp:2079 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(4): Waited 102ms for
video buffers AADAADALAALADA
May 22 17:52:48 media mythfrontend[2379]: N CoreContext
mythplayer.cpp:2079 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(4): Waited 207ms for
video buffers AADAADALAALADA
May 22 17:52:48 media mythfrontend[2379]: N CoreContext
mythplayer.cpp:2079 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(4): Waited 308ms for
video buffers AADAADALAALADA
May 22 17:52:48 media mythfrontend[2379]: N CoreContext
mythplayer.cpp:2079 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(4): Waited 413ms for
video buffers AADAADALAALADA
May 22 17:52:48 media mythfrontend[2379]: N CoreContext
mythplayer.cpp:2079 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(4): Waited 517ms for
video buffers AADAADALAALADA
May 22 17:52:48 media mythfrontend[2379]: N CoreContext
mythplayer.cpp:2079 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(4): Waited 623ms for
video buffers AADAADALAALADA
May 22 18:00:03 media mythfrontend[2379]: N CoreContext
avformatdecoder.cpp:752 (SetEof) AFD: Resetting byte context eof (livetv
1 was eof 0)
May 22 18:00:07 media mythfrontend[2379]: E Decoder ringbuffer.cpp:259
(Reset) RingBuf(/var/lib/mythtv/livetv/2035_20120522180000.mpg):
RingBuffer::Reset() nonzero readpos. toAdjust: 1 readpos: -2703800696
readAdjust: 4635015544
May 22 18:00:07 media mythfrontend[2379]: N Decoder
avformatdecoder.cpp:752 (SetEof) AFD: Resetting byte context eof (livetv
1 was eof 0)
May 22 18:00:07 media mythfrontend[2379]: I Decoder mythdbcon.cpp:395
(PurgeIdleConnections) New DB connection, total: 4
May 22 18:00:07 media mythfrontend[2379]: E Decoder
avformatdecoder.cpp:4213 (ProcessAudioPacket) AFD: Unknown audio
decoding error

That is what I have in mythfrontend.log

Will add comment to the bug shortly.

Cheers,

Pieter

raptorjr08 at gmail

Re: 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes [In reply to]

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris
<snharris99 [at] live>wrote:

> I wouldn't exactly call it "fixed". While it is true is no longer freezes
> and crashes back to the main window with the "buffer failed too many times"
> error message, it now freezes for ~5 - 15 seconds before resuming playback
> with the next program. It's a bit odd because immediately after the first
> indication of a patch, my live TV transitions were nearly perfect, however
> a few versions later I'm back to the ~5 - 15 second pauses.
>
> I have also noticed that after a live TV program transition, the
> "position" time no longer works. It will show xx : xx (i.e. 10:23 : 10:23)
> and if you pause, skip back, etc it will always remain "sync'd" instead of
> showing the your proper position in relation to total time.

I updated yesterday and i see the same behavior.

/Stefan