Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Re: 0.25-fixes mythmusic "TagLib: Could not open file"

mythtv at sky

On 12/05/12 18:23, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:59 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv [at] sky> wrote:
>> There was some minor re-factoring of the tag reading done by Stuart
>> that may have something to do with this. It was something to do with
>> having both vorbis comments and id3 tags in the same file if I recall
>> correctly. I'd have to go find the ticket/commits to see what changed
>> to be sure.
>>
>> It would be useful if you have them installed to try the taglib
>> example programs framelist and tagreader to see if they produce the
>> results you were expecting.
>>
>> Paul H.
> hrm, I have no vorbis tags.

This is the commit I was thinking of it looks like we now prefer id3
tags over vorbis ones anyway so that probably isn't it.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/6e37202bb8ffcbc35e62887a4cb9887afa5ab7e5

Do you use .flac for the file extension? Is the 'Ignore ID3 tags'
setting on MythMusic's 'General Settings' page unchecked?

> I don't see where I can get those programs? I have ubuntu, don't see a
> package for them, but also a google search doesn't seem to bring
> anything up except for a perl function?
>
> thanks!

It would still be good to know that taglib can read the tags outside of
MythTV before we start to dig any further. They are part of the taglib
source in the examples folder.
http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib.html. Some distros like Gentoo
will compile and install them for you looks like your distro doesn't
unfortunately. Shouldn't be difficult to download the source that is
closest to what you have installed an compile the examples yourself.
Shouldn't have to install anything just run them from the source
directory after you have compiled them.

Paul H.

adeffs.mythtv at gmail

Re: 0.25-fixes mythmusic "TagLib: Could not open file" [In reply to]

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv [at] sky> wrote:
> On 12/05/12 18:23, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:59 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv [at] sky> wrote:
>>> There was some minor re-factoring of the tag reading done by Stuart
>>> that may have something to do with this. It was something to do with
>>> having both vorbis comments and id3 tags in the same file if I recall
>>> correctly. I'd have to go find the ticket/commits to see what changed
>>> to be sure.
>>>
>>> It would be useful if you have them installed to try the taglib
>>> example programs framelist and tagreader to see if they produce the
>>> results you were expecting.
>>>
>>> Paul H.
>> hrm, I have no vorbis tags.
>>

> This is the commit I was thinking of it looks like we now prefer id3
> tags over vorbis ones anyway so that probably isn't it.
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/6e37202bb8ffcbc35e62887a4cb9887afa5ab7e5
>
> Do you use .flac for the file extension? Is the 'Ignore ID3 tags'
> setting on MythMusic's  'General Settings' page unchecked?

yes, verified unchecked.

>> I don't see where I can get those programs? I have ubuntu, don't see a
>> package for them, but also a google search doesn't seem to bring
>> anything up except for a perl function?
>>
>> thanks!
>>

> It would still be good to know that taglib can read the tags outside of
> MythTV before we start to dig any further. They are part of the taglib
> source in the examples folder.
> http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib.html. Some distros like Gentoo
> will compile and install them for you looks like your distro doesn't
> unfortunately. Shouldn't be difficult to download the source that is
> closest to what you have installed an compile the examples yourself.
> Shouldn't have to install anything just run them from the source
> directory after you have compiled them.

well, this is interesting...

$ tagreader Wheat\ -\ Hope\ and\ Adams\ -\ 01\ -\ This\ Wheat.flac
******************** "Wheat - Hope and Adams - 01 - This Wheat.flac"
********************
-- TAG --
title - "This Wheat"
artist - "Wheat"
album - "Hope and Adams"
year - "1999"
comment - ""
track - "1"
genre - "Pop/Rock"
-- AUDIO --
bitrate - 847
sample rate - 44100
channels - 2
length - 1:51

$ framelist Wheat\ -\ Hope\ and\ Adams\ -\ 01\ -\ This\ Wheat.flac
******************** "Wheat - Hope and Adams - 01 - This
Wheat.flac"********************
ID3v2.4.0, 0 bytes in tag

ID3v1
title - ""
artist - ""
album - ""
year - "0"
comment - ""
track - "0"
genre - ""

APE
file does not have a valid APE tag

I've used Jaikoz to tag my music, all with id3 v24 ISO-8859-1, UTF-8 for unicode

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!