Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()'

tom at redpepperracing

Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()'

I have 3 frontends and 2 backends, the 3 frontends and 1 backend
compiled fine, the slave backend fails with:

g++ -o mythfrontend main.o playbackbox.o viewscheduled.o
audiogeneralsettings.o globalsettings.o manualschedule.o
programrecpriority.o channelrecpriority.o statusbox.o networkcontrol.o
mediarenderer.o mythfexml.o playbackboxlistitem.o custompriority.o
screenwizard.o exitprompt.o action.o actionset.o mythcontrols.o
keybindings.o keygrabber.o progfind.o guidegrid.o customedit.o
schedulecommon.o progdetails.o scheduleeditor.o
backendconnectionmanager.o programinfocache.o proglist.o
proglist_helpers.o playbackboxhelper.o viewschedulediff.o
themechooser.o setupwizard_general.o setupwizard_audio.o
setupwizard_video.o grabbersettings.o editvideometadata.o
videofileassoc.o videometadatasettings.o videoplayercommand.o
videopopups.o videofilter.o videolist.o videoplayersettings.o
videodlg.o videoglobalsettings.o upnpscanner.o commandlineparser.o
idlescreen.o frontend.o moc_playbackbox.o moc_viewscheduled.o
moc_globalsettings.o moc_audiogeneralsettings.o moc_manualschedule.o
moc_programrecpriority.o moc_channelrecpriority.o moc_statusbox.o
moc_networkcontrol.o moc_custompriority.o moc_screenwizard.o
moc_exitprompt.o moc_mythcontrols.o moc_keygrabber.o moc_progfind.o
moc_guidegrid.o moc_customedit.o moc_schedulecommon.o
moc_progdetails.o moc_scheduleeditor.o moc_backendconnectionmanager.o
moc_proglist.o moc_proglist_helpers.o moc_viewschedulediff.o
moc_themechooser.o moc_setupwizard_general.o moc_setupwizard_audio.o
moc_setupwizard_video.o moc_grabbersettings.o moc_editvideometadata.o
moc_videofileassoc.o moc_videometadatasettings.o moc_videopopups.o
moc_videofilter.o moc_videoplayersettings.o moc_videodlg.o
moc_upnpscanner.o moc_idlescreen.o moc_frontend.o
-L../../libs/libmyth -L../../libs/libmythtv
-L../../external/FFmpeg/libavutil -L../../external/FFmpeg/libavcodec
-L../../external/FFmpeg/libavformat -L../../external/FFmpeg/libswscale
-L../../libs/libmythbase -L../../libs/libmythui
-L../../libs/libmythupnp -L../../libs/libmythmetadata
-L../../libs/libmythservicecontracts -L../../libs/libmythprotoserver
-lmythswscale -lmythavformat -lmythavcodec -lmythavutil -lmythtv-0.26
-lmythupnp-0.26 -lmythbase-0.26 -lmythui-0.26 -lmyth-0.26
-lmythmetadata-0.26 -lmythservicecontracts-0.26 -lmythprotoserver-0.26
-L../../libs/libmythlivemedia -lmythlivemedia-0.26
-L../../libs/libmythfreemheg -lmythfreemheg-0.26
-L../../libs/libmythhdhomerun -lmythhdhomerun-0.26 -lXext -lXinerama
-lXxf86vm -lXrandr -lX11 -ldns_sd -lmp3lame -lasound -lm -pthread -lz
-lrt -ldl -lfreetype -lraw1394 -liec61883 -lavc1394 -lrom1394
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lQtDBus -lpthread -lGLU -lGL
-lQtWebKit -lQtScript -lQtSql -lQtXml -lQtOpenGL -lQtGui -lQtNetwork
-lQtCore
../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.26.so: undefined reference to
`MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()'

I have done a couple of make clean ; make distclean ; configure ; make
but they all fail in the same place. All of the machines are FC13,
with what should be the same libs installed, but I assume I am missing
something, any idea what?

Thanks
Tom

jyavenard at gmail

Re: Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()' [In reply to]

On 13 May 2012 03:00, Tom Lichti <tom [at] redpepperracing> wrote:

> ../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.26.so: undefined reference to
> `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()'
>
> I have done a couple of make clean ; make distclean ; configure ; make
> but they all fail in the same place. All of the machines are FC13,
> with what should be the same libs installed, but I assume I am missing
> something, any idea what?

Sounds like you have old header getting in the way.
Make sure you delete $PREFIX/include/mythtv and $PREFIX/lib/libmyth*

then re-run configure / make

tom at redpepperracing

Re: Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()' [In reply to]

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
> On 13 May 2012 03:00, Tom Lichti <tom [at] redpepperracing> wrote:
>
>> ../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.26.so: undefined reference to
>> `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()'
>>
>> I have done a couple of make clean ; make distclean ; configure ; make
>> but they all fail in the same place. All of the machines are FC13,
>> with what should be the same libs installed, but I assume I am missing
>> something, any idea what?
>
> Sounds like you have old header getting in the way.
> Make sure you delete $PREFIX/include/mythtv and $PREFIX/lib/libmyth*
>
> then re-run configure / make

That did it. Thanks. I think I will modify my rebuild script to do
that automatically from now on.

Tom

jyavenard at gmail

Re: Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()' [In reply to]

Hi

On Sunday, 13 May 2012, Tom Lichti wrote:

> > Sounds like you have old header getting in the way.
> > Make sure you delete $PREFIX/include/mythtv and $PREFIX/lib/libmyth*
> >
> > then re-run configure / make
>
> That did it. Thanks. I think I will modify my rebuild script to do
> that automatically from now on.

Make uninstall will do it for you

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()' [In reply to]

On 05/13/2012 12:21 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 May 2012, Tom Lichti wrote:
>>> Sounds like you have old header getting in the way.
>>> Make sure you delete $PREFIX/include/mythtv and $PREFIX/lib/libmyth*
>>>
>>> then re-run configure / make
>> That did it. Thanks. I think I will modify my rebuild script to do
>> that automatically from now on.
> Make uninstall will do it for you

Where, ideally, you run make uninstall before you do another git
pull--i.e. ensuring to always make uninstall before updating any files.

Mike

support at drdos

Re: Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()' [In reply to]

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Where, ideally, you run make uninstall before you do another git
> pull--i.e. ensuring to always make uninstall before updating any files.

Question on this.

Is it sufficient to do a ./configure;make after the make uninstall, or
do I need also need to a make distclean as well?

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()' [In reply to]

On 05/13/2012 09:03 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Where, ideally, you run make uninstall before you do another git
>> pull--i.e. ensuring to always make uninstall before updating any files.
>
> Question on this.
>
> Is it sufficient to do a ./configure;make after the make uninstall, or
> do I need also need to a make distclean as well?

In theory, you would only need to do a configure if you do a make clean
or make distclean--not if you do a make uninstall. That said, for some
changes that you'll get with a git pull, a make clean or make distclean
may be necessary.

So, you could likely do:

make uninstall
git pull
make
make install

Mike

jeff at jeffpiazza

Aug 2, 2012, 11:42 AM

Re: Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()' [In reply to]

On 13 May 2012 03:00, Tom Lichti <tom [at] redpepperracing> wrote:

> ../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.26.so: undefined reference to
> `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()'
>
> I have done a couple of make clean ; make distclean ; configure ; make
> but they all fail in the same place. All of the machines are FC13,
> with what should be the same libs installed, but I assume I am missing
> something, any idea what?

I'm experiencing this issue, too, on an install of 0.25.1 on a new box.

Looking at libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro, MythRAOPDevice only gets included in the library if libcrypto is enabled. The dependency from mythairplayserver, however, is unconditional.

libcrypto is enabled by default, but will be silently disabled if you don't have the openssl libraries. This was the issue for me; hope it helps you.

Best,
/JEP

jyavenard at gmail

Aug 2, 2012, 4:49 PM

Re: Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()' [In reply to]

On 3 August 2012 04:42, Jeff Piazza <jeff [at] jeffpiazza> wrote:

> On 13 May 2012 03:00, Tom Lichti <tom [at] redpepperracing> wrote:
>
>> ../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.26.so: undefined reference to
>> `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()'
>>
>> I have done a couple of make clean ; make distclean ; configure ; make
>> but they all fail in the same place. All of the machines are FC13,
>> with what should be the same libs installed, but I assume I am missing
>> something, any idea what?

This was fixed 2 months ago.
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/604b4f7d717325de583d90478011414a997486e0