Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

metadata downloads incorrect non-existent

admin at lctn

metadata downloads incorrect non-existent

I am reading the FAQ on metadata and see some problems can come from
incomplete guide information. Anyone have an idea of what I should
change based on the information below?

I run an audio script as a Job to create mp3s of a couple programs.

The script is here: http://pastebin.com/5a3sTr6V

The logs show the following, but I am not clear what should be changed
to fix either problem.

Wrong metadata:

Fox and Friends

May 10 08:00:11 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[11931]: I MetadataDownload
metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M FOX and Friends
May 10 08:00:12 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[11931]: I MetadataDownload
metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l en -D 42254
May 10 08:00:12 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[11931]: I MetadataDownload
metadatadownload.cpp:144 (run) Returning Metadata Results: Fox and His
Friends 0 0
May 10 08:00:14 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[11931]: N CoreContext
main.cpp:265 (main) MythMetadataLookup run complete.

No Metadata

Special Report With Bret Baier

May 8 18:00:14 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[9780]: I MetadataDownload
metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l en -M Special Report With
Bret Baier
May 8 18:00:15 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[9780]: I MetadataDownload
metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M Special Report
With Bret Baier

raymond at wagnerrp

Re: metadata downloads incorrect non-existent [In reply to]

On 5/10/2012 15:11, Raymond Norton wrote:
> Wrong metadata:
>
> Fox and Friends
>
> May 10 08:00:11 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[11931]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M FOX and Friends
> May 10 08:00:12 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[11931]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l en -D 42254
> May 10 08:00:12 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[11931]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:144 (run) Returning Metadata Results: Fox and His
> Friends 0 0
> May 10 08:00:14 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[11931]: N CoreContext
> main.cpp:265 (main) MythMetadataLookup run complete.

There is no entry on TheTVDB for "FOX and Friends", but it is picking up
an incorrect close match. Either create one, or disable the metadata
lookup job for that recording rule.

> No Metadata
>
> Special Report With Bret Baier
>
> May 8 18:00:14 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[9780]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l en -M Special Report With
> Bret Baier
> May 8 18:00:15 mythtv-2 mythmetadatalookup[9780]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M Special Report
> With Bret Baier

There's simply no match on either grabber, so it gives up and does
nothing. I don't understand what problem you think you are experiencing
here.

admin at lctn

Re: metadata downloads incorrect non-existent [In reply to]

> There's simply no match on either grabber, so it gives up and does
> nothing. I don't understand what problem you think you are
> experiencing here.

I guess the problem is that it wasn't working like I thought it should.
Thought I had something mis-configured. Now I know :)

admin at lctn

Re: metadata downloads incorrect non-existent [In reply to]

> There is no entry on TheTVDB for "FOX and Friends", but it is picking
> up an incorrect close match. Either create one, or disable the
> metadata lookup job for that recording rule.

Getting back to this issue. From the response, I should be able to
create my own metadata for shows that have no entry on TVDB.

Did some Googling, but have not found clear instructions on how to do
this on .25. Anyone know of a good howto doc?

raymond at wagnerrp

Re: metadata downloads incorrect non-existent [In reply to]

On 5/24/2012 15:08, Raymond Norton wrote:

>> There is no entry on TheTVDB for "FOX and Friends", but it is picking
>> up an incorrect close match. Either create one, or disable the
>> metadata lookup job for that recording rule.
>>

> Getting back to this issue. From the response, I should be able to
> create my own metadata for shows that have no entry on TVDB.
>
> Did some Googling, but have not found clear instructions on how to do
> this on .25. Anyone know of a good howto doc?

You misunderstand. MythTV already has metadata from your EPG provider.
There is no reason to create anything there. I was saying to create a
new entry on TheTVDB.com.

nick.rout at gmail

Re: metadata downloads incorrect non-existent [In reply to]

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond [at] wagnerrp> wrote:
> On 5/24/2012 15:08, Raymond Norton wrote:
>>

>>> There is no entry on TheTVDB for "FOX and Friends", but it is picking
>>> up an incorrect close match. Either create one, or disable the
>>> metadata lookup job for that recording rule.
>>>

>> Getting back to this issue. From the response, I should be able to
>> create my own metadata for shows that have no entry on TVDB.
>>
>> Did some Googling, but have not found clear instructions on how to do
>> this on .25. Anyone know of a good howto doc?
>

> You misunderstand.  MythTV already has metadata from your EPG provider.
>  There is no reason to create anything there.  I was saying to create a new
> entry on TheTVDB.com.

Precisely, themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com are user generated. If
something is missing add it, it's only fair seeing you are using info
that other users have spent hours inputting there.