Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

crystalhd error compiling trunk

jnissley at nissley

crystalhd error compiling trunk

I have been compiling mythtv from trunk for years and my recent download
(today) would not compile. I do not need crystalhd and have not enabled it
but there does not appear to be a config parameter to disable crystalhd.

Here is where the error starts.

CC libavcodec/crystalhd.o
In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:82:0:
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_types.h:64:1: error: unknown type name
‚bool‚
In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:84:0:
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:149:5: error: unknown type
name ‚HANDLE‚
In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:84:0:
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:177:5: error: unknown type
name ‚HANDLE‚

Any help would be appreciated.

jyavenard at gmail

Re: crystalhd error compiling trunk [In reply to]

On 10 May 2012 12:30, John Nissley <jnissley [at] nissley> wrote:
> I have been compiling mythtv from trunk for years and my recent download
> (today) would not compile. I do not need crystalhd and have not enabled it
> but there does not appear to be a config parameter to disable crystalhd.

using master, I would assume you are registered to mythtv-dev distribution list.

FFmpeg has just been resynced; so lots of things are still broken and
are being worked on

jnissley at nissley

Re: crystalhd error compiling trunk [In reply to]

On 05/09/2012 11:17 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 10 May 2012 12:30, John Nissley<jnissley [at] nissley> wrote:
>> I have been compiling mythtv from trunk for years and my recent download
>> (today) would not compile. I do not need crystalhd and have not enabled it
>> but there does not appear to be a config parameter to disable crystalhd.
> using master, I would assume you are registered to mythtv-dev distribution list.
>
> FFmpeg has just been resynced; so lots of things are still broken and
> are being worked on
If there are any logs I can provide I would be happy to do so.

gary.buhrmaster at gmail

Re: crystalhd error compiling trunk [In reply to]

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM, John Nissley <jnissley [at] nissley> wrote:
> I have been compiling mythtv from trunk for years and my recent download
> (today) would not compile. I do not need crystalhd and have not enabled it

configure auto-detects libraries, and (usually) uses
what it finds. If you really do not need crystalhd,
you could remove the development libraries.

> but there does not appear to be a config parameter to disable crystalhd.

You mean like --disable-crystalhd ?

Not that it really matters at this point, since as jya points
out, the ffmpeg resync is a work in progress, and even
if it compiles with --disable-crystalhd, it may be broken
in other ways.

Gary

gjhurlbu at gmail

Re: crystalhd error compiling trunk [In reply to]

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM, John Nissley <jnissley [at] nissley> wrote:
>> I have been compiling mythtv from trunk for years and my recent download
>> (today) would not compile. I do not need crystalhd and have not enabled it
>
> configure auto-detects libraries, and (usually) uses
> what it finds. †If you really do not need crystalhd,
> you could remove the development libraries.

The issue seems to be that the version of libcrystalhd required by
ffmpeg now doesn't match the one people have installed.
Unfortunately, they don't state what version, or where to get it.

I did get it partway more compiling (using the libcrystalhd from the
xbmc PPA for lucid) by adding #define __LINUX_USER__ before including
the libcrystalhd headers. At that point, it's still missing a symbol
though.

> You mean like --disable-crystalhd ?
>
> Not that it really matters at this point, since as jya points
> out, the ffmpeg resync is a work in progress, and even
> if it compiles with --disable-crystalhd, it may be broken
> in other ways.

--disable-crystalhd should work fine, and preclude building support
for crystalhd completely, and act just like you don't have
libcrystalhd in the first place. If this is *not* the case, please
let me know, and I'll go futz with it.

Until we sort out which version of the library is required, and where
to find it, basically, we do not have support for the crystalhd. If
anyone can let me know where the git repository for libcrystalhd is, I
might have a better chance :)

gary.buhrmaster at gmail

Re: crystalhd error compiling trunk [In reply to]

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu [at] gmail> wrote:
> ... †If anyone can let me know where the git repository for
> libcrystalhd is, I might have a better chance :)

AFAIK, the "definitive" reference is still at:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/crystal_hd/

gjhurlbu at gmail

Re: crystalhd error compiling trunk [In reply to]

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu [at] gmail> wrote:
>> ... †If anyone can let me know where the git repository for
>> libcrystalhd is, I might have a better chance :)
>
> AFAIK, the "definitive" reference is still at:
> http://www.broadcom.com/support/crystal_hd/

Well, the code in ffmpeg doesn't seem to match up with that.

gary.buhrmaster at gmail

Re: crystalhd error compiling trunk [In reply to]

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu [at] gmail> wrote:
> Well, the code in ffmpeg doesn't seem to match up with that.

Ok, you can try git://linuxtv.org/jarod/crystalhd.git
which is an intermediate between the 3.5.1<mumble>
version that at least some distros provide, and the
3.6.9<mumble> version that is on the broadcom site.

YMWV. If I send you off on an untamed foul pursuit
it is not my fault. Really.

Gary

gjhurlbu at gmail

Re: crystalhd error compiling trunk [In reply to]

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Well, the code in ffmpeg doesn't seem to match up with that.
>
> Ok, you can try git://linuxtv.org/jarod/crystalhd.git
> which is an intermediate between the 3.5.1<mumble>
> version that at least some distros provide, and the
> 3.6.9<mumble> version that is on the broadcom site.
>
> YMWV. †If I send you off on an untamed foul pursuit
> it is not my fault. †Really.

I'll check that out, thanks. If that's not close enough, I'll see if
Jarod has a moment :)