Kin dregards,
Martin

dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken

Re: Mythtv and Unicable? [In reply to]

Hi Martin,

On 10.05.2012 00:19, Smartysmart34 wrote:
> I am trying to find information on whether mythtv is able to use a
> unicable-tuner? According to e.g. TBS their cards work with mythtv and
> they support Unicable. But does ist workt together with linux?
>
> I am using mythtv 0.24 on OpenSuse 11.4. I might upgrade to 0.25 if that
> eases the pain. But I do not want to patch and compile mythtv from scratch.

Support for the Unicable variant of DiSEqC is not yet integrated in
MythTV, a patch is available at http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9726

I don't know how to build packages with a patch on OpenSuse, but on
Ubuntu/Mythbuntu it is super easy.
http://www.mythbuntu.org/wiki/recipes
Maybe there is an equaly simple way on OpenSuse or you can install
Mythbuntu on a test system before you upgrade your main system.

Regards,
Karl