Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Android phone / tablet use for recordings, videos and pictures

williammotten at gmail

Android phone / tablet use for recordings, videos and pictures

I'm trying to find out what other people are using to view their
recordings, videos, music and pictures via android devices locally or over
the internet. I looked into bubbleupnp which transcodes the videos and
recordings but I can't get music or pictures to work. Ideally I would like
some way to view these either at home on wifi or away from home via the
internet.
Thanks

nick.rout at gmail

Re: Android phone / tablet use for recordings, videos and pictures [In reply to]

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM, william otten <williammotten [at] gmail> wrote:
> I'm trying to find out what other people are using to view their recordings,
> videos, music and pictures via android devices locally or over the internet.
> I looked into bubbleupnp which transcodes the videos and recordings but I
> can't get music or pictures to work. Ideally I would like some way to view
> these either at home on wifi or away from home via the internet.
> Thanks

plex works for me with recordings and videos. Not tried with music.

jakommo at gmail

Re: Android phone / tablet use for recordings, videos and pictures [In reply to]

On 05/07/2012 09:49 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM, william otten<williammotten [at] gmail> wrote:
>> I'm trying to find out what other people are using to view their recordings,
>> videos, music and pictures via android devices locally or over the internet.
>> I looked into bubbleupnp which transcodes the videos and recordings but I
>> can't get music or pictures to work. Ideally I would like some way to view
>> these either at home on wifi or away from home via the internet.
>> Thanks
> plex works for me with recordings and videos. Not tried with music.

mellamanjefe at gmail

Re: Android phone / tablet use for recordings, videos and pictures [In reply to]

Try mythfrontend application on android market. Works for me.

Re: Android phone / tablet use for recordings, videos and pictures [In reply to]

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Marco Quezada <mellamanjefe [at] gmail>wrote:

> Try mythfrontend application on android market. Works for me.
> On May 7, 2012 4:17 PM, "jakommo" <jakommo [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> On 05/07/2012 09:49 PM, Nick Rout wrote:

>>> plex works for me with recordings and videos. Not tried with music.
>
> I tried out mythfrontend (android) and the videos works fine but the
recordings audio and video get out of sync. Is there some place to post
issues for mythfrontend?

williammotten at gmail

Re: Android phone / tablet use for recordings, videos and pictures [In reply to]

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM, william otten <williammotten [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> > I'm trying to find out what other people are using to view their
> recordings,
> > videos, music and pictures via android devices locally or over the
> internet.
> > I looked into bubbleupnp which transcodes the videos and recordings but I
> > can't get music or pictures to work. Ideally I would like some way to
> view
> > these either at home on wifi or away from home via the internet.
> > Thanks
>
> plex works for me with recordings and videos. Not tried with music.

Looking into Plex.Thanks!

williammotten at gmail

Re: Android phone / tablet use for recordings, videos and pictures [In reply to]

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM, william otten <williammotten [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> > I'm trying to find out what other people are using to view their
> recordings,
> > videos, music and pictures via android devices locally or over the
> internet.
> > I looked into bubbleupnp which transcodes the videos and recordings but I
> > can't get music or pictures to work. Ideally I would like some way to
> view
> > these either at home on wifi or away from home via the internet.
> > Thanks
>
> plex works for me with recordings and videos. Not tried with music.

In reading through the plex forums it seems the videos would work ok but
recordings would be a problem due to the naming requirement of plex. If
anyone has gotten the recordings to work please advise.
Thanks

memmott at gmail

Re: Android phone / tablet use for recordings, videos and pictures [In reply to]

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM, william otten <williammotten [at] gmail>wrote:

> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM, william otten <williammotten [at] gmail>
>> wrote:
>> > I'm trying to find out what other people are using to view their
>> recordings,
>> > videos, music and pictures via android devices locally or over the
>> internet.
>> > I looked into bubbleupnp which transcodes the videos and recordings but
>> > can't get music or pictures to work. Ideally I would like some way to
>> view
>> > these either at home on wifi or away from home via the internet.
>> > Thanks
>>
>> plex works for me with recordings and videos. Not tried with music.
>>
> In reading through the plex forums it seems the videos would work ok but
> recordings would be a problem due to the naming requirement of plex. If
> anyone has gotten the recordings to work please advise.
> Thanks
>
> Search the archives, I have plex working quite well with MythicalLibrarian
although it took a bit of work to get it all working. Basically ML is a
bash script run as a user job that runs after a recording, looks up the
metadata online, and creates a symlink with a sane name like "Family Guy
S00E01 (Stewie Griffin the untold story).mpg". I then share out that
symlink folder over SMB and Plex Media Server (on a Windows machine but I
think there's a Linux version) periodically scans that folder for new
additions, and adds the episodes to its database.

Apparently in 0.25 there's something called MythMetaDataLookup which makes
a lot of this redundant, but I haven't yet looked into using that to
replace MythicalLibrarian.