Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users
Re: Audio glitches on EPG and local commercals

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jmorris at beau

Re: Audio glitches on EPG and local commercals [In reply to]

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 07:11 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> And if you'd like the post the whole log requested--instead of some
> excerpt that you think is important--we can probably tell you why--i.e.
> why you're not using VDPAU or whatever.

Eh? I did in the parent post. Starting with routine idle messages
through punching guide and the error. Then I snipped a series of
repetitive normal idle traffic between the next problem when I hit page
up. Always a balance between flooding too much log data and not enough
but I figured a window of over ten seconds was enough for a subsecond
glitch in the audio.

I am using VDPAU on HD playback. Not using it on SD because the
processor can decode that itself without breaking a sweat. Literally,
only a 2C rise in temp over idle. And if the content is SD odds are the
auto aspect switching feature will be very helpful and it isn't
available with the hardware based decode. Especially like the half zoom
mode, that feature alone doubles the WAF because she hates the huge
black bars.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)