Thanks

Onebob

dave at lists

Re: Still Missing EIT [In reply to]

OneBob wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Thanks Thomas for the reply but the reason I don't use the grab data is
> that at least the EIT (when it works) data is responsive to quick lineup
> changes, so when things overrun it's clever enough to change the timings
> (I've always been surprised at how well that works...)
>
> I've since removed all my Freeview channels and done a full tune, every
> channels back in it's normal place but still missing EIT on Film4 etc.
>
> Can anyone at least give me a clue as to why this might be? It makes no
> sense as obviously the data is arriving otherwise my other channels would
> be void of data...
>
> Any help gratefully received,

Hi

I had the same problem with Film4 etc. What worked for me was

Deleting the Freeview 'Video Source' and recreating it.

Assigning the 'Input connections' to the new source.

Deleting all the Channels and doing a new Channel Scan.

This got me to a state where now and next programmes were appearing
in the guide. To get the full 7 days I had to switch off the EIT
scanning with

echo "update channel set useonairguide=0;" | mysql mythconverg;
/etc/init.d/mythbackend restart

a few hours later I switched the scanning back on and the guide
quickly populated as normal. Oh yes, I ran mythfilldatabase at
probably every step.

I have no idea how much of the above was necessary and I did not take
notes so may have forgotten important steps.

(I am running Gentoo/mythtv-0.23.1_p27077)

HTH

Regards
--
Dave Godfrey
dave [at] lists

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: Still Missing EIT [In reply to]

On 05/05/2012 03:45 PM, David Godfrey wrote:
> OneBob wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Thanks Thomas for the reply but the reason I don't use the grab data is
>> that at least the EIT (when it works) data is responsive to quick lineup
>> changes, so when things overrun it's clever enough to change the timings
>> (I've always been surprised at how well that works...)
>>
>> I've since removed all my Freeview channels and done a full tune, every
>> channels back in it's normal place but still missing EIT on Film4 etc.
>>
>> Can anyone at least give me a clue as to why this might be? It makes no
>> sense as obviously the data is arriving otherwise my other channels would
>> be void of data...
>>
>> Any help gratefully received,
> Hi
>
> I had the same problem with Film4 etc. What worked for me was
>
> Deleting the Freeview 'Video Source' and recreating it.
>
> Assigning the 'Input connections' to the new source.
>
> Deleting all the Channels and doing a new Channel Scan.

If done properly, deleting the video source will delete the channels.
Use "Delete all video sources" to clean them up.

> This got me to a state where now and next programmes were appearing
> in the guide. To get the full 7 days I had to switch off the EIT
> scanning with
>
> echo "update channel set useonairguide=0;" | mysql mythconverg;
> /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart
>
> a few hours later I switched the scanning back on and the guide
> quickly populated as normal.

Ideally, you'd use the channel editor in mythtv-setup or mythfrontend to
do this, and if you wanted a quicker way, you could just disable EIT on
each of your capture cards, or with a single checkbox, disable it on the
video source.

Since you actually wanted EIT data, though, this step didn't do
anything--except delay retrieval of that data. Likely you just needed
to wait a bit longer before the actual EIT data got in (versus just the
now/next).

> Oh yes, I ran mythfilldatabase at
> probably every step.

Running mythfilldatabase is only ever required if you actually use XMLTV
or Schedules Direct for any of your listings sources. And, re-running
it is only required if you ever change your lineup/channels/video source
in such a way that you have new channels that need listings data.

> I have no idea how much of the above was necessary and I did not take
> notes so may have forgotten important steps.
>
> (I am running Gentoo/mythtv-0.23.1_p27077)

The steps that were most likely required/to have fixed the issue were
"Delete all video sources" followed by re-creating the video source and
re-scanning the channels.

Mike