Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Going fullscreen on a Ubuntu Unity desktop

mythtv at dtmc

Going fullscreen on a Ubuntu Unity desktop

Hi, I've not found the setting to fix this yet, but upgrading to
U12.04 using Unity desktop I found mythtv fullscreen was 'sort of
fullscreen' but the unity menu bar and top menu bar still are visible.
Is this intended behaviour? Any ideas on how to get mythtv to go
really full screen?

Thanks.
Mike.

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: Going fullscreen on a Ubuntu Unity desktop [In reply to]

On 05/01/2012 01:32 PM, Mike wrote:
> Hi, I've not found the setting to fix this yet, but upgrading to
> U12.04 using Unity desktop I found mythtv fullscreen was 'sort of
> fullscreen' but the unity menu bar and top menu bar still are visible.
> Is this intended behaviour? Any ideas on how to get mythtv to go
> really full screen?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/507400#507400

Mike

lvr at softsystem

Re: Going fullscreen on a Ubuntu Unity desktop [In reply to]

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 13:32 -0400, Mike wrote:
> Hi, I've not found the setting to fix this yet, but upgrading to
> U12.04 using Unity desktop I found mythtv fullscreen was 'sort of
> fullscreen' but the unity menu bar and top menu bar still are visible.
> Is this intended behaviour? Any ideas on how to get mythtv to go
> really full screen?

This is a Compiz bug that was reported here:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9589
but the solution caused problems for some exotic multihead setups so it
was dropped, leaving all Gnome and Unity users to suffer.

There's a workaround that that be enabled from the CompizConfig control
panel which can be installed with:
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

Then start CompizConfig control panel:
ccsm

Navigate to utility/workarounds and then tick "Legacy Fullscreen
support"

--
Lawrence