Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

New german channels on Astra 19.2

soundart at gmx

New german channels on Astra 19.2

Hi,

yesterday all german analog satellite TV feeds were switched off and a
lot of new digital ones appeared.

See (in german)
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/12-neue-HDTV-Sender-ab-1-Mai-1563292.html
for an announcement.

Has anybody already updated their mythtv systems to the new channels and
could describe the procedure to me?

I am asking, because my last channel update was not a real success, so I
am a bit afraid! I do not remember anymore excatly what went wrong, but
basically the new channels did not get any EIT info, because I used the
wrong way of adding new channels.

Any hints howto avoid a similar experience is very much
appreciated. Making better notes is already on my list!

kind regards
Frank

doktor.noetigenfalls at googlemail

Re: New german channels on Astra 19.2 [In reply to]

Hi,

i did the channel scan some days ago and it all went well.

Here is the german instructions how i did it together with an sql script
to restore the channel ordering:

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/sendersuchlauf-neue-oeffentlich-rechtliche-hd-sender-15561/#post59925

Here is the procedure:
1. back up your database with mythconverg_backup.pl
2. create a script according to your preferences or modify this one:
http://www.mythtvtalk.com/attachments/f28/203d1336555716-sendersuchlauf-neue-oeffentlich-rechtliche-hd-sender-channel_numbers_update_de.sql.txt
3. Do a full channel scan of all known transponders in mythtv backend.
Activate searching of new transponders.
4. Apply the script of 2.
5. Manually clean up the channel list.

Good luck!

soundart at gmx

Re: New german channels on Astra 19.2 [In reply to]

Jürgen Wakunda <doktor.noetigenfalls [at] googlemail> writes:

> Hi,
>
> i did the channel scan some days ago and it all went well.
>
> Here is the german instructions how i did it together with an sql script
> to restore the channel ordering:
>
> http://www.mythtvtalk.com/sendersuchlauf-neue-oeffentlich-rechtliche-hd-sender-15561/#post59925
>
> Here is the procedure:
> 1. back up your database with mythconverg_backup.pl
> 2. create a script according to your preferences or modify this one:
> http://www.mythtvtalk.com/attachments/f28/203d1336555716-sendersuchlauf-neue-oeffentlich-rechtliche-hd-sender-channel_numbers_update_de.sql.txt
> 3. Do a full channel scan of all known transponders in mythtv backend.
> Activate searching of new transponders.
> 4. Apply the script of 2.
> 5. Manually clean up the channel list.

Hi Jürgen,

thank you for the description. I have updated my setup some days before
I saw your email.

My procedure:

1. I deleted all channels
2. full channel scan of all known transponders
3. deleted several hundred unwanted channels manually

I think it went relativly well. I have lost only one channel which is
now without EPG (RTL FS), I did not look into this uptonow.

Frank