Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

FreeSpaceUpdater error message in backend log

gravityhammer at gmail

FreeSpaceUpdater error message in backend log

All of a sudden, I started to get the following errors in my backend log:

E [3049/7777] FreeSpaceUpdater playbacksock.cpp:139
(SendReceiveStringList) - PlaybackSock::SendReceiveStringList():
Response too short

It looks like there are a hundred or so, every fifteen seconds. What
does this error message indicate?

jyavenard at gmail

Re: FreeSpaceUpdater error message in backend log [In reply to]

On 30 April 2012 13:04, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer [at] gmail> wrote:
> It looks like there are a hundred or so, every fifteen seconds. What
> does this error message indicate?

It means you need to update mythtv so it include this fix:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/ae7ac7952cd411dd835109765feda9bc1bf90f77

raymond at wagnerrp

Re: FreeSpaceUpdater error message in backend log [In reply to]

On 4/29/2012 23:24, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 30 April 2012 13:04, Phil Bridges<gravityhammer [at] gmail> wrote:
>> It looks like there are a hundred or so, every fifteen seconds. What
>> does this error message indicate?
> It means you need to update mythtv so it include this fix:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/ae7ac7952cd411dd835109765feda9bc1bf90f77

That changeset only affects the python bindings. His error is something
internal to mythbackend.

gravityhammer at gmail

Re: FreeSpaceUpdater error message in backend log [In reply to]

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond [at] wagnerrp> wrote:
> On 4/29/2012 23:24, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>>
>> On 30 April 2012 13:04, Phil Bridges<gravityhammer [at] gmail>  wrote:
>>>
>>> It looks like there are a hundred or so, every fifteen seconds.  What
>>> does this error message indicate?
>>
>> It means you need to update mythtv so it include this fix:
>>

>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/ae7ac7952cd411dd835109765feda9bc1bf90f77
>

> That changeset only affects the python bindings.  His error is something
> internal to mythbackend.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this? It happened again last
night, and, once again, a recording ended about 3 minutes early.

gravityhammer at gmail

Re: FreeSpaceUpdater error message in backend log [In reply to]

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond [at] wagnerrp> wrote:

>>> It means you need to update mythtv so it include this fix:
>>>

>>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/ae7ac7952cd411dd835109765feda9bc1bf90f77
>>

>> That changeset only affects the python bindings.  His error is something
>> internal to mythbackend.
>
> Any suggestions as to what is causing this?  It happened again last
> night, and, once again, a recording ended about 3 minutes early.

... and again tonight. Is there anything I can do to help resolve this?