Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

.25 video levels aka Parental Controls

digidmyth at gmail

.25 video levels aka Parental Controls

Is anyone else having problems with video levels in .25?

Neither one of my front ends are honoring the setting telling it what level to start at.

When I first go into watch the videos I get all levels 1,2,3 and 4.

If I select one of the levels it shows the correct videos for that level, so the levels them selfs are working. Same thing on all three front ends here.

This is a big problem for me as we use the levels to filter out what the kids can watch.

Level 1 G and PG videos for the kids.
Level 2 PG-13 for the older kids.
Level 3 R for the adults
Level4 Stuff we dont even want the kids to know about ! :-O

I am going to have to turn the whole system down until this is fixed!

I did open a trouble ticket, as I did not see anything similar.

Dale

mythtv at blandford

Re: .25 video levels aka Parental Controls [In reply to]

On 04/29/2012 05:28 PM, digidmyth wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems with video levels in .25?
>
> Neither one of my front ends are honoring the setting telling it what level to start at.
>
> When I first go into watch the videos I get all levels 1,2,3 and 4.
>
> If I select one of the levels it shows the correct videos for that level, so the levels them selfs are working. Same thing on all three front ends here.
>
> This is a big problem for me as we use the levels to filter out what the kids can watch.
>
> Level 1 G and PG videos for the kids.
> Level 2 PG-13 for the older kids.
> Level 3 R for the adults
> Level4 Stuff we dont even want the kids to know about ! :-O
>
> I am going to have to turn the whole system down until this is fixed!

Yes, this seems to be a known issue. Search the mailing list for a
thread titled '0.25 Parental controls'

There is a patch that is being tested:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10388

The patch is working for me.

Michael

snharris99 at live

Re: .25 video levels aka Parental Controls [In reply to]

>Is anyone else having problems with video levels in .25?

>Neither one of my front ends are honoring the setting telling it what level
>to start at.

>When I first go into watch the videos I get all levels 1,2,3 and 4.

>If I select one of the levels it shows the correct videos for that level,
>so the levels them selfs are working. Same thing on all three front ends
>here.

>This is a big problem for me as we use the levels to filter out what the
>kids can watch.

>Level 1 G and PG videos for the kids.
>Level 2 PG-13 for the older kids.
>Level 3 R for the adults
>Level4 Stuff we dont even want the kids to know about ! :-O

>I am going to have to turn the whole system down until this is fixed!

>I did open a trouble ticket, as I did not see anything similar.

>Dale

This is a known issue, though it hasn't really gotten much love....

Re: .25 video levels aka Parental Controls [In reply to]

OK I download the source to .25/fixes and applied the patch. Got it to
complile and run on my server, and it did fix the problem.

The only problem is my server is a new AMD Bulldozer with Ubuntu 12.04 64
bit installed. The compiled version of mythfrontend will not run on my
Intel Atom front ends. For the life of me I have not been able to get it to
complie for a 32 bit environment.

Anyone have any idea on the command line for configure and make to generate
a 32 bit binary?

Thanks,

Dale

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris
<snharris99 [at] live>wrote:

> Is anyone else having problems with video levels in .25?
>>

> Neither one of my front ends are honoring the setting telling it what
>> level to start at.
>>

> When I first go into watch the videos I get all levels 1,2,3 and 4.
>>

> If I select one of the levels it shows the correct videos for that level,
>> so the levels them selfs are working. Same thing on all three front ends
>> here.
>>

> This is a big problem for me as we use the levels to filter out what the
>> kids can watch.
>>

> Level 1 G and PG videos for the kids.
>> Level 2 PG-13 for the older kids.
>> Level 3 R for the adults
>> Level4 Stuff we dont even want the kids to know about ! :-O
>>

> I am going to have to turn the whole system down until this is fixed!
>>

> I did open a trouble ticket, as I did not see anything similar.
>>

> Dale
>>

> This is a known issue, though it hasn't really gotten much love....
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/**ticket/10388<http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10388>

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: .25 video levels aka Parental Controls [In reply to]

On 05/02/2012 08:06 PM, digid myth wrote:
> OK I download the source to .25/fixes and applied the patch. Got it to
> complile and run on my server, and it did fix the problem.
>
> The only problem is my server is a new AMD Bulldozer with Ubuntu 12.04
> 64 bit installed. The compiled version of mythfrontend will not run on
> my Intel Atom front ends. For the life of me I have not been able to
> get it to complie for a 32 bit environment.
>
> Anyone have any idea on the command line for configure and make to
> generate a 32 bit binary?

Easiest approach is to compile it on the Atom for the Atom systems.
Sure, it will take forever--but at least it's computer time and not your
own (start it and walk away).

Mike

gary.buhrmaster at gmail

Re: .25 video levels aka Parental Controls [In reply to]

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM, digid myth <digidmyth [at] gmail> wrote:
> Anyone have any idea on the command line for configure and make to generate a 32 bit binary?

configure auto-magically determines too many things
so that I would have no particular confidence that the
any specifications would work.

Options in no particular order (and completely untested):

- Compile it on the atom
- Find someone who has compiled on the atom and
leverage their resulting configure values (see below
for a generic i686 build)
- Run a virtual machine in 32bit mode and compile
- Reinstall your system in 32bit mode then everything
is 32bit
- If possible (the protocol/version matches) use a
precompiled fixes build from your favorite packager.
- You can try the following from the rpmfusion configure
script for a i686 build.

./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --libdir-name=lib
--mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-iptv --enable-pthreads
--enable-ffmpeg-pthreads --enable-joystick-menu --enable-audio-alsa
--enable-audio-oss --enable-audio-jack --enable-libfftw3 --enable-x11
--x11-path=/usr/include --enable-xv --enable-opengl-video
--enable-xrandr --enable-lirc --enable-ivtv --enable-firewire
--enable-dvb --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora
--enable-libvorbis --enable-libxvid --enable-vdpau --enable-vaapi
--enable-crystalhd '--extra-cflags=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=atom
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer'
'--extra-cxxflags=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32
-march=i686 -mtune=atom -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
-fomit-frame-pointer' --cpu=i686 --tune=i686 --enable-mmx
--compile-type=release --enable-debug

support at drdos

Re: .25 video levels aka Parental Controls [In reply to]

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Easiest approach is to compile it on the Atom for the Atom systems

You can also use distcc and have your Bulldozer system help in the compile.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: