Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Fedora 16 frontend not able to connect

dhighley at highley-recommended

Fedora 16 frontend not able to connect

Running the rpmfusion build of 0.25 on Fedora 16.

This is really frustrating as all seemed to be working earlier this
week. Had configured the frontend on the same system as the backend to
use the non local ip address. Used VLC to verify that it was serving
UPNP connections at least on the same system. Only issue ran into was
needing to do a mysql "grant all mythconverg.* 'mythtv'@'10.2.2.%';".

So started in to set up another frontend system and find that I'm no
longer able to connect unless localhost is used and UPNP is no longer
functioning even on the system that was working.

Just in case redid the mysql grant again but still no joy. Specific
version from log file is 0.25-2.fc16. I see nothing in the log that
indicates any issues and it does seem to indicate that it is listening
on the non local host ip address. Attached a log of the backend start
up. That reminds me, do the log files get cleaned up automatically after
some aging period with the new logging?
Attachments: mythbackend.20120426203643.30866.log (5.40 KB)

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: Fedora 16 frontend not able to connect [In reply to]

On 04/26/2012 11:44 PM, David Highley wrote:
> Running the rpmfusion build of 0.25 on Fedora 16.
>
> This is really frustrating as all seemed to be working earlier this
> week. Had configured the frontend on the same system as the backend to
> use the non local ip address. Used VLC to verify that it was serving
> UPNP connections at least on the same system. Only issue ran into was
> needing to do a mysql "grant all mythconverg.* 'mythtv'@'10.2.2.%';".
>
> So started in to set up another frontend system and find that I'm no
> longer able to connect unless localhost is used and UPNP is no longer
> functioning even on the system that was working.
>
> Just in case redid the mysql grant again but still no joy. Specific
> version from log file is 0.25-2.fc16. I see nothing in the log that
> indicates any issues and it does seem to indicate that it is listening
> on the non local host ip address.

rm ~/.mythtv/config.xml

> Attached a log of the backend start
> up. That reminds me, do the log files get cleaned up automatically after
> some aging period with the new logging?

No. Log files are your information used as forensic evidence in
figuring out why your system isn't working, so MythTV will never delete
any log files--it's up to you to decide how much of that information to
keep and for how long and such. Therefore, you will need to configure
log file rotation to your liking, using information at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logging
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logging#Log_file_cleanup
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Log_Rotation_Configuration_Files
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logrotate_-_mythbackend