Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

.25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged

dheianevans at gmail

.25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged

Just noticed that I had a couple of shows not commercial flag tonight.

Apr 25 19:30:25 buster mythbackend[7045]: I Commflag_4800
jobqueue.cpp:2275 (DoFlagCommercialsThread) JobQueue: Commercial
Detection Starting for "Access Hollywood" recorded from channel 1041
at 2012-04-25T19:30:00

At 8pm, Survivor taped. No commercial detection.

Apr 25 21:00:30 buster mythbackend[7045]: I Commflag_4801
jobqueue.cpp:2275 (DoFlagCommercialsThread) JobQueue: Commercial
Detection Starting for "Rock Center With Brian Williams" recorded from
channel 1021 at 2012-04-25T21:00:00

At 10pm, Law & Order SVU taped, no commercials flagged.

Apr 25 23:00:36 buster mythbackend[7045]: I Commflag_4802
jobqueue.cpp:2275 (DoFlagCommercialsThread) JobQueue: Commercial
Detection Starting for "News Hour Final" recorded from channel 1665 at
2012-04-25T23:00:00
Apr 26 00:00:41 buster mythbackend[7045]: I Commflag_4803
jobqueue.cpp:2275 (DoFlagCommercialsThread) JobQueue: Commercial
Detection Starting for Frasier:"First Date" recorded from channel 1231
at 2012-04-26T00:00:00

Commercial flagging during/after shows worked fine in .24. Recording
rules are set to flag commercials.

Ian

kenneth.emerson at gmail

Re: .25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans [at] gmail> wrote:

> Just noticed that I had a couple of shows not commercial flag tonight.
>
> I would wager that your commflag process is segfaulting. What do you have
on your status page / Job Queue in MythWeb? Does it show that the commflag
jobs failed? If it doesn't show up at all, then there is something wrong
processing your job queue.

Since I've been running from master (for several months) my commflagging
has been hit and miss. Around 25% of my commflag jobs segfault. Sometimes
the segfault is in the ffmpeg code and the devs have said that is out of
their hands (usually the statement is that the recording is corrupt). Other
times it seems to be within the MythTV code. I have logged a ticket on one
of these providing a backtrace.

I also agree that back in the days of .24 mythcommflag never segfaulted.
Over the past 3 days I've had 6 of 22 recordings fail on mythcommflag.

-- Ken E.

Ian

david.madsen at gmail

Re: .25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Kenneth Emerson
<kenneth.emerson [at] gmail>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Just noticed that I had a couple of shows not commercial flag tonight.
>>
>> I would wager that your commflag process is segfaulting. What do you
> have on your status page / Job Queue in MythWeb? Does it show that the
> commflag jobs failed? If it doesn't show up at all, then there is
> something wrong processing your job queue.
>
> Since I've been running from master (for several months) my commflagging
> has been hit and miss. Around 25% of my commflag jobs segfault. Sometimes
> the segfault is in the ffmpeg code and the devs have said that is out of
> their hands (usually the statement is that the recording is corrupt). Other
> times it seems to be within the MythTV code. I have logged a ticket on one
> of these providing a backtrace.
>
> I also agree that back in the days of .24 mythcommflag never segfaulted.
> Over the past 3 days I've had 6 of 22 recordings fail on mythcommflag.

I've also seen a rather large increase in the number of segfaults from
mythcommflag after upgrading to 0.25. I haven't had time to do any further
debug yet, but all of my segfaults are happening in the libavcodec code
thus far.

mythcommflag[14031]: segfault at ad0df000 ip b65d23bf sp ac7846ec error 4
in libmythavcodec.so.52.113.1[b6174000+59a000]
mythcommflag[15577]: segfault at ad0df000 ip b66253bf sp ac28491c error 4
in libmythavcodec.so.52.113.1[b61c7000+59a000]
mythcommflag[29788]: segfault at acdd1000 ip b66323bf sp ac28491c error 4
in libmythavcodec.so.52.113.1[b61d4000+59a000]
mythcommflag[31725]: segfault at af3da01d ip b65a2b7f sp ac78491c error 4
in libmythavcodec.so.52.113.1[b6144000+59a000]

--Dave

dheianevans at gmail

Re: .25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Kenneth Emerson
<kenneth.emerson [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>> Just noticed that I had a couple of shows not commercial flag tonight.
>>
> I would wager that your commflag process is segfaulting. What do you have
> on your status page / Job Queue in MythWeb? Does it show that the commflag
> jobs failed? If it doesn't show up at all, then there is something wrong
> processing your job queue.

Hmm...don't remember seeing any segfaults in the log. Will take a
closer look. No errors appeared in the job queue status either. If I
remember correctly, he shows that failed didn't show in the job queue
status page at all.

And then...last night all the shows were flagged. It's hit and miss.

zarthan at gmail

Re: .25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Kenneth Emerson
> <kenneth.emerson [at] gmail> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Just noticed that I had a couple of shows not commercial flag tonight.
> >>
> > I would wager that your commflag process is segfaulting. What do you
> have
> > on your status page / Job Queue in MythWeb? Does it show that the
> commflag
> > jobs failed? If it doesn't show up at all, then there is something wrong
> > processing your job queue.
>
> Hmm...don't remember seeing any segfaults in the log. Will take a
> closer look. No errors appeared in the job queue status either. If I
> remember correctly, he shows that failed didn't show in the job queue
> status page at all.
>
> And then...last night all the shows were flagged. It's hit and miss.

I wonder if this is related. On the mythweb backend status page I see very
stale job queue entries. All of the the other jobs, metadata lookup and my
userjobs have expired from the list. I don't need the commercial flagging
since I don't use a FE so I am going to disable it but this is strange.

Jobs currently in Queue or recently ended:
Thu 4/12 9:00 PM - Awake - Flag Commercials
Sun 4/22 7:00 PM - Fox's 25th Anniversary Special - Flag Commercials
Tue 4/24 9:30 PM - Rudy Maxa's World - Flag Commercials
Tue 4/24 11:00 PM - Powering the Planet -- Earth: The Operators' Manual -
Flag Commercials
Wed 4/25 5:00 AM - Powering the Planet -- Earth: The Operators' Manual -
Flag Commercials
Wed 4/25 5:00 AM - Heaven Is Our Homeland: The Gluckstalers in New Russia
and North America - Flag Commercials
Wed 4/25 8:00 AM - The Desert Speaks - Flag Commercials
Wed 4/25 12:00 PM - Rick Steves' Europe - Flag Commercials
Thu 4/26 2:00 AM - NOVA - Flag Commercials
Thu 4/26 5:00 AM - Last of the Rainwater Basins - Flag Commercials
Thu 4/26 12:00 PM - Rudy Maxa's World - Flag Commercials
Thu 4/26 5:30 PM - NBC Nightly News - Flag Commercials
Thu 4/26 6:00 PM - PBS NewsHour - Flag Commercials
Thu 4/26 8:00 PM - Person of Interest - Flag Commercials

zarthan at gmail

Re: .25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Zarthan South <zarthan [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Kenneth Emerson
>> <kenneth.emerson [at] gmail> wrote:

>> > I would wager that your commflag process is segfaulting. What do you
>> have
>> > on your status page / Job Queue in MythWeb? Does it show that the
>> commflag
>> > jobs failed? If it doesn't show up at all, then there is something
>> wrong
>> > processing your job queue.
>>
>> Hmm...don't remember seeing any segfaults in the log. Will take a
>> closer look. No errors appeared in the job queue status either. If I
>> remember correctly, he shows that failed didn't show in the job queue
>> status page at all.
>>
>> And then...last night all the shows were flagged. It's hit and miss.
>>

> I wonder if this is related. On the mythweb backend status page I see very
> stale job queue entries. All of the the other jobs, metadata lookup and my
> userjobs have expired from the list. I don't need the commercial flagging
> since I don't use a FE so I am going to disable it but this is strange.
>
> Jobs currently in Queue or recently ended:
> Thu 4/12 9:00 PM - Awake - Flag Commercials
> Sun 4/22 7:00 PM - Fox's 25th Anniversary Special - Flag Commercials
> Tue 4/24 9:30 PM - Rudy Maxa's World - Flag Commercials
> Tue 4/24 11:00 PM - Powering the Planet -- Earth: The Operators' Manual -
> Flag Commercials
> Wed 4/25 5:00 AM - Powering the Planet -- Earth: The Operators' Manual -
> Flag Commercials
> Wed 4/25 5:00 AM - Heaven Is Our Homeland: The Gluckstalers in New Russia
> and North America - Flag Commercials
> Wed 4/25 8:00 AM - The Desert Speaks - Flag Commercials
> Wed 4/25 12:00 PM - Rick Steves' Europe - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 2:00 AM - NOVA - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 5:00 AM - Last of the Rainwater Basins - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 12:00 PM - Rudy Maxa's World - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 5:30 PM - NBC Nightly News - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 6:00 PM - PBS NewsHour - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 8:00 PM - Person of Interest - Flag Commercials

Even though the job queue didn't indicate a failure and many many Flag
Commercial job entries came and went the jobqueue table had no completion
status (just a blank) for the queue listing in mythweb. I manually removed
the job items with no completion entry and the job queue status page in
mythweb is now cleaned up.

justin.johnson3 at gmail

Re: .25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Kenneth Emerson
> <kenneth.emerson [at] gmail> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans [at] gmail> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just noticed that I had a couple of shows not commercial flag tonight.
>>>
>> I would wager that your commflag process is segfaulting.  What do you have
>> on your status page / Job Queue in MythWeb?  Does it show that the commflag
>> jobs failed?  If it doesn't show up at all, then there is something wrong
>> processing your job queue.
>
> Hmm...don't remember seeing any segfaults in the log. Will take a
> closer look. No errors appeared in the job queue status either. If I
> remember correctly, he shows that failed didn't show in the job queue
> status page at all.
>
> And then...last night all the shows were flagged. It's hit and miss.

I'd like to direct this thread's attention to this previous thread:
It has been brought up that there seems to be some problem with
consecutive recordings, at least when covered by the same recording
rule. Does this match your own experience?

-- Justin

dheianevans at gmail

Re: .25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Justin Johnson
<justin.johnson3 [at] gmail> wrote:
> I'd like to direct this thread's attention to this previous thread:
> It has been brought up that there seems to be some problem with
> consecutive recordings, at least when covered by the same recording
> rule. Does this match your own experience?

Yes, it's occasionally happening on back-to-back recording, but not
always. Haven't seen it on the same recording rule, i.e. the
back-to-back recordings are different series.

Again, it doesn't always happen. Will keep an eye open to see under
what circumstances it does.

justin.johnson3 at gmail

Re: .25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Justin Johnson
> <justin.johnson3 [at] gmail> wrote:
>> I'd like to direct this thread's attention to this previous thread:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/514330
>> It has been brought up that there seems to be some problem with
>> consecutive recordings, at least when covered by the same recording
>> rule. Does this match your own experience?
>
> Yes, it's occasionally happening on back-to-back recording, but not
> always. Haven't seen it on the same recording rule, i.e. the
> back-to-back recordings are different series.
>
> Again, it doesn't always happen. Will keep an eye open to see under
> what circumstances it does.

Interesting that you don't see it consistently. Have you seen it
happen on non-consecutive recordings?
I can confirm that the same recording rule is not a requirement, but
it does seem that the back-to-back recordings have to be on the same
channel.
I looked through my logs and found that it doesn't matter if the
recording is on the same cardid but different channels, it is only
consecutive recordings on the same channel that aren't getting
processed.
The only case I wasn't able to find an example of was same channel,
different cardid (could these ever happen?). So I can't say for sure,
but I suspect that would also fail.

-- Justin