Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience?

markhsa at gmail

RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience?

I have been building rpms for F16, but see that RPMFusion has rpms
available now.
mythtv-backend.x86_64 0.25-2.fc16
rpmfusion-free-upd

Anyone using these? Just wanted to know if any users have seen any issues?
Are these taken from the 25-fixes?

Mark

hobbes1069 at gmail

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Mark <markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
> I have been building rpms for F16, but see that RPMFusion has rpms available
> now.
> mythtv-backend.x86_64                   0.25-2.fc16
>  rpmfusion-free-upd
>
> Anyone using these?  Just wanted to know if any users have seen any issues?
> Are these taken from the 25-fixes?

Update to 0.25-3 as soon as you can. I fixed logrotate in that
release. I'm running it now at home and all seems OK so far.

Thanks,
Richard

markhsa at gmail

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On 04/26/2012 09:36 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Mark<markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
>> I have been building rpms for F16, but see that RPMFusion has rpms available
>> now.
>> mythtv-backend.x86_64 0.25-2.fc16
>> rpmfusion-free-upd
>>
>> Anyone using these? Just wanted to know if any users have seen any issues?
>> Are these taken from the 25-fixes?
> Update to 0.25-3 as soon as you can. I fixed logrotate in that
> release. I'm running it now at home and all seems OK so far.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
I am not seeing that in a yum list. Where is it located?
Richard, a couple of questions for you.

First, thanks for building these.
How often are you building these? Will you be following the 25-fixes so
users can yum update from time to time and get the latest fixes?

Mark

markhsa at gmail

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On 04/26/2012 09:36 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Mark<markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
>> I have been building rpms for F16, but see that RPMFusion has rpms available
>> now.
>> mythtv-backend.x86_64 0.25-2.fc16
>> rpmfusion-free-upd
>>
>> Anyone using these? Just wanted to know if any users have seen any issues?
>> Are these taken from the 25-fixes?
> Update to 0.25-3 as soon as you can. I fixed logrotate in that
> release. I'm running it now at home and all seems OK so far.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

markhsa at gmail

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On 04/26/2012 09:36 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Mark<markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
>> I have been building rpms for F16, but see that RPMFusion has rpms available
>> now.
>> mythtv-backend.x86_64 0.25-2.fc16
>> rpmfusion-free-upd
>>
>> Anyone using these? Just wanted to know if any users have seen any issues?
>> Are these taken from the 25-fixes?
> Update to 0.25-3 as soon as you can. I fixed logrotate in that
> release. I'm running it now at home and all seems OK so far.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
Duh. Found them. They are in the testing repo.
Are you going to move them into the standard updates repo then? Is that
the plan in the future? Fist put in testing then have some users try
them out?

hobbes1069 at gmail

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Mark <markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
> I am not seeing that in a yum list.  Where is it located?
> Richard, a couple of questions for you.

Check updates-testing.

> First, thanks for building these.
> How often are you building these?  Will you be following the 25-fixes so
> users can yum update from time to time and get the latest fixes?

Yes, I follow the fixes branch. Once everything's more settled, I'll
probably build updated packages about once a month. For now I watch
the change logs to see if anything really important looking is fixed
so I've been pushing new builds every week or so.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Mark <markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
> Last thing.  So you would say these rpms are ready for everyday production
> use?

Well there's no line to be drawn there, it's all shades of grey :) My
intention was to keep them in -testing a bit longer but it looks like
release 2 made it's way into stable. Unfortunately with things being
to manual on RPM Fusion that can happen.

Richard

markhsa at gmail

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On 04/26/2012 09:48 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Mark<markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
>> I am not seeing that in a yum list. Where is it located?
>> Richard, a couple of questions for you.
> Check updates-testing.
>

>> First, thanks for building these.
>> How often are you building these? Will you be following the 25-fixes so
>> users can yum update from time to time and get the latest fixes?
> Yes, I follow the fixes branch. Once everything's more settled, I'll
> probably build updated packages about once a month. For now I watch
> the change logs to see if anything really important looking is fixed
> so I've been pushing new builds every week or so.
>
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Mark<markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Last thing. So you would say these rpms are ready for everyday production
>> use?
> Well there's no line to be drawn there, it's all shades of grey :) My
> intention was to keep them in -testing a bit longer but it looks like
> release 2 made it's way into stable. Unfortunately with things being
> to manual on RPM Fusion that can happen.
>

> Richard
Thanks Richard,

I am installing the testing rpms as we speak.

Mark

seven at seven

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On 27 April 2012 01:53, Mark <markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:

> On 04/26/2012 09:48 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Mark<markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>>> I am not seeing that in a yum list. Where is it located?
>>> Richard, a couple of questions for you.
>>>
>> Check updates-testing.
>>

>> First, thanks for building these.
>>> How often are you building these? Will you be following the 25-fixes so
>>> users can yum update from time to time and get the latest fixes?
>>>
>> Yes, I follow the fixes branch. Once everything's more settled, I'll
>> probably build updated packages about once a month. For now I watch
>> the change logs to see if anything really important looking is fixed
>> so I've been pushing new builds every week or so.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Mark<markhsa [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>>> Last thing. So you would say these rpms are ready for everyday
>>> production
>>> use?
>>>
>> Well there's no line to be drawn there, it's all shades of grey :) My
>> intention was to keep them in -testing a bit longer but it looks like
>> release 2 made it's way into stable. Unfortunately with things being
>> to manual on RPM Fusion that can happen.
>>

>> Richard
>>
> Thanks Richard,
>
> I am installing the testing rpms as we speak.
>
> Mark
>

> Can someone provide their logrotate files offlist?

/etc/logrotate.d/mythfrontend or /etc/logrotate.d/mythbackend files or
whatever they are called now?

Cheers

Anthony

hobbes1069 at gmail

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Anthony Giggins
<seven [at] seven> wrote:
> Can someone provide their logrotate files offlist?
>
> /etc/logrotate.d/mythfrontend or  /etc/logrotate.d/mythbackend files or
> whatever they are called now?

The packages in updates-testing contain the latest logrotate
configuration as well as the latest from the fixes branch so I would
recommend you install those. I'll probably change the name of the file
since it now rotates multiple log files instead of just mythbackend...

Richard

seven at seven

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On 27 April 2012 23:11, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Anthony Giggins
> <seven [at] seven> wrote:
> > Can someone provide their logrotate files offlist?
> >
> > /etc/logrotate.d/mythfrontend or /etc/logrotate.d/mythbackend files or
> > whatever they are called now?
>
> The packages in updates-testing contain the latest logrotate
> configuration as well as the latest from the fixes branch so I would
> recommend you install those. I'll probably change the name of the file
> since it now rotates multiple log files instead of just mythbackend...
>
> Richard
>
> I'm not running the rpmfusion packages as I'm still running mythdora 12.

Anthony

hobbes1069 at gmail

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Anthony Giggins
<seven [at] seven> wrote:
> I'm not running the rpmfusion packages as I'm still running mythdora 12.

The current logrotate is for SystemD while you're still running SysV.
I would think your current logrotate would still work... Are you
building the packages yourself? I'm still running Fedora 14 on may
main FE/BE and my current 0.25/fixes source RPM builds fine.

Richard

seven at seven

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On 27/04/2012, at 11:22 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Anthony Giggins
> <seven [at] seven> wrote:
>> I'm not running the rpmfusion packages as I'm still running mythdora 12.
>
> The current logrotate is for SystemD while you're still running SysV.
> I would think your current logrotate would still work... Are you
> building the packages yourself? I'm still running Fedora 14 on may
> main FE/BE and my current 0.25/fixes source RPM builds fine.
>
> Richard

hobbes1069 at gmail

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

Well dangit, it looks like I somehow copied the old logrotate config
for -3, so -5 (I'm skipping -4 because I did a build in rawhide for it
that I don't need anymore) will have the real fix.

Thanks,
Richard

amessina at messinet

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On 04/28/2012 05:01 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Well dangit, it looks like I somehow copied the old logrotate config
> for -3, so -5 (I'm skipping -4 because I did a build in rawhide for it
> that I don't need anymore) will have the real fix.

It might be worth it to move to rsyslog
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Rsyslog_Configuration) and move
/var/log/mythtv to the mythtv-common subpackage in RPMFusion,
consolidating the per-process logging, which is nice for mythbackend,
but not as nice for mythpreviewgen when you access the recorded programs
list from MythWeb.

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: RPMfusion Fedora Mythtv 25-2 users? Experience? [In reply to]

On 04/29/2012 07:15 AM, Anthony Messina wrote:
> On 04/28/2012 05:01 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Well dangit, it looks like I somehow copied the old logrotate config
>> for -3, so -5 (I'm skipping -4 because I did a build in rawhide for it
>> that I don't need anymore) will have the real fix.
> It might be worth it to move to rsyslog
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Rsyslog_Configuration) and move
> /var/log/mythtv to the mythtv-common subpackage in RPMFusion,
> consolidating the per-process logging, which is nice for mythbackend,
> but not as nice for mythpreviewgen when you access the recorded programs
> list from MythWeb.

FWIW: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Log_Rotation_Configuration_Files

And if you guys make modifications to those (or use a different
approach), feel free to add/update the configuration on the wiki.

And, if Fedora uses Rottlog, I plan to eventually get a Rottlog config
up there--just haven't gotten around to doing it, yet.

Mike