Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

schedulesdirect not working

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

rkulagow at gmail

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Greg Woods <greg [at] gregandeva> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 07:38 -0500, William Powers wrote:
>> On Apr 24, 2012, at 11:16 PM, Greg Woods <greg [at] gregandeva> wrote:
>>
>> > I also tried using wget to fetch https://www.schedulesdirect.org/getdata
>> > (specifying --http-user and --http-password) and that works.
>> If you can download the data file with wget, you may be able to use
> the
>> old-school tv_grab_na_dd method and run mythfilldatabase with the
>> downloaded file
>
> I spoke too soon. When I do this, all I am really getting is the login
> page. I tried putting this URL into Firefox directly after logging in,
> and I do get a lot of XML data, but it looks to be mostly channel data,
> no programming data. If I select all, then manually paste it into a
> file, and run it through mythfilldatabase --file --xmlfile=<pasted file>
> --sourceid=1, it behaves pretty much the same way as regular
> mythfilldatabase; no download error of course, but no program data gets
> loaded either.
>
> I also note that my first attempts to do this resulted in complaints,
> because my config.xml file was empty. I am surprised, then, that
> anything else actually worked, but Mythweb was happy to read the
> database when there was still data there to read, as was mythbackend. So
> I fixed this, then mythfilldatabase complains about a missing mysql.txt
> file. I fixed that too (although it shouldn't be necessary), but
> correcting the config file issues only resulted in those single error
> messages going away, mythfilldatabase still gets a download error when I
> run it normally. I'm hard against the brick wall.
>
> Does anybody know how to manually fetch my program data from Schedules
> Direct? I wouldn't be surprised if this is not possible since it is,
> after all, licensed proprietary data, so it may be that only "approved"
> software can fetch the data.

xmltv is approved.

Here's the boilerplate I send to users who open a Schedules Direct
ticket. Hint, hint.
"
Can you check
http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295
for instructions and see if they help in solving your issue?

If you get to the point where you’ve checked the raw XML using the
“getdata” URL and it’s correct, then we know that it's an application
issue and not what you're being sent.
"

In that forum post are instructions on how to use tv_grab_na_dd to
pull the raw data.

greg at gregandeva

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 09:20 -0500, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

> Here's the boilerplate I send to users who open a Schedules Direct
> ticket. Hint, hint.

I didn't open a ticket because I don't have any evidence that this is a
Schedules Direct problem.

> "
> Can you check
> http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295
> for instructions and see if they help in solving your issue?

Thanks for that pointer.

> In that forum post are instructions on how to use tv_grab_na_dd to
> pull the raw data.

I will give that a try. Thank you very much.

--Greg

rkulagow at gmail

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Greg Woods <greg [at] gregandeva> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 09:20 -0500, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>
>> Here's the boilerplate I send to users who open a Schedules Direct
>> ticket.  Hint, hint.
>
> I didn't open a ticket because I don't have any evidence that this is a
> Schedules Direct problem.

Yeah, but it can't hurt, and sometimes it can show us a pattern. Anyway.

keemllib at gmail

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On 04/25/2012 09:31 AM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Greg Woods<greg [at] gregandeva> wrote:
>> I didn't open a ticket because I don't have any evidence that this is a
>> Schedules Direct problem.
>
> Yeah, but it can't hurt, and sometimes it can show us a pattern. Anyway.

Hi Robert;

Jim (the 1st poster, in another thread), Greg and Brandon all report the
same error from their logs.

Before Jim switched back to 0.24, we were comparing protocol and where I
(with working mythfilldatabase) get a response from Schedules Direct that
has: WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="TMSWebServiceRealm", Jim had realm
set to nothing.

Does that ring any bells for you?

--
Bill

greg at gregandeva

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

> Can you check
> http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295
> for instructions and see if they help in solving your issue?

I installed xmltv and used it to manually grab the data, and inserted it
via "mythfilldatabase --file". This worked, and I now have guide data!
For now I guess if I just do the manual process every day, I'll be good.
That's a hassle, but not an insurmountable obstacle and at least the
system is useful again. Thanks Robert!

> If you get to the point where you’ve checked the raw XML using the
> “getdata” URL and it’s correct, then we know that it's an application
> issue and not what you're being sent.

It certainly does look like a problem with the grabber within MythTV,
except that it only seems to affect a few people (otherwise we'd be
hearing a chorus of reports instead of just 3 or 4 of us). Must be some
unusual set of configuration settings that triggers the problem?

The database insertion part of mythfilldatabase seems fine once I
manually grab the data outside of mythfilldatabase.

--Greg

support at drdos

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

>> The database insertion part of mythfilldatabase seems fine once I
>> manually grab the data outside of mythfilldatabase.

I'd be interesting to see if, after a manual insert, things just start working.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

rkulagow at gmail

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Doug Lytle <support [at] drdos> wrote:
>>> The database insertion part of mythfilldatabase seems fine once I
>>> manually grab the data outside of mythfilldatabase.
>
> I'd be interesting to see if, after a manual insert, things just start working.

I need whoever is having issues pulling data with Schedules Direct to
open a ticket there please.

greg at gregandeva

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 14:23 -0500, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

> > I'd be interesting to see if, after a manual insert, things just start working.
>
> I need whoever is having issues pulling data with Schedules Direct to
> open a ticket there please.

OK, I'll do it.

--Greg

greg at gregandeva

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 14:03 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 14:23 -0500, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>
> > I need whoever is having issues pulling data with Schedules Direct to
> > open a ticket there please.
>
> OK, I'll do it.

[schedulesdirect.org #9150]

blrogers at ieee

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow [at] gmail>wrote:

> I need whoever is having issues pulling data with Schedules Direct to
> open a ticket there please.

I couldn't see an obvious way to submit a ticket on SchedulesDirect, so I
sent a "Lineup Report".
Let me know if I should have done something else.
Cheers,
Brandon

blrogers at ieee

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Doug Lytle <support [at] drdos> wrote:

> I'd be interesting to see if, after a manual insert, things just start
> working.
>
> Doug

It didn't... ;-)

mtdean at thirdcontact

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On 04/25/2012 02:44 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
>> If you get to the point where you’ve checked the raw XML using the
>> “getdata” URL and it’s correct, then we know that it's an application
>> issue and not what you're being sent.
> It certainly does look like a problem with the grabber within MythTV,
> except that it only seems to affect a few people (otherwise we'd be
> hearing a chorus of reports instead of just 3 or 4 of us). Must be some
> unusual set of configuration settings that triggers the problem?
>
> The database insertion part of mythfilldatabase seems fine once I
> manually grab the data outside of mythfilldatabase.

Are you using a proxy or do you have the HTTP_PROXY environment variable
set?

Mike

keemllib at gmail

Re: SchedulesDirect not working [In reply to]

On 04/16/2012 06:45 PM, Jim wrote:
> I'm comparing my packet capture to yours, and the big difference I notice is that in yours where it shows the authentication info you have a
> Realm listed as TMSWebServiceRealm; mine the realm is blank. Where does that realm come from?

Jim;

The realm is returned in the 401 message, in other words, from
Schedules Direct.

This describes it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digest_access_authentication
I always wondered why the error came back.

Any chance you still have the protocol for the initial query
your mythfilldatabase makes? I'd like to compare it with mine,
(it has no userid/password in it.)

Feel free to email it to me directly if you like.

--
Bill

greg at gregandeva

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 17:03 -0500, Brandon Rogers wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Doug Lytle <support [at] drdos>
> wrote:
> I'd be interesting to see if, after a manual insert, things
> just start working.
>
> Doug
>

> It didn't... ;-)

Not for me either.

--Greg

greg at gregandeva

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 21:54 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Are you using a proxy or do you have the HTTP_PROXY environment variable
> set?

No and no.

--Greg

locuse at mm

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

(and, of course, i promptly attached it to the WRONG %*&%* thread
...sorry. take 2).

this thread was pointed out to me in #irc.

[mythtv-users] schedulesdirect not working
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-April/332813.html

i just subscribed to the ML, and am not sure how to inject myself into
the thread without a reply in hand ... hoping just the Subject match
will do it.

similarly to others here, i've built

mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.25-54-g46062bf
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120408-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_backend
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_libcrypto using_libxml2 using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl
using_vaapi using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
using_libxml2

on

uname -a
Linux myth 3.1.10-1.9-default #1 SMP Thu Apr 5 18:48:38
UTC 2012 (4a97ec8) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

i've an HDHR connected to my server.

on the server, checking user home dir,

echo ~/mythbackend
/var/lib/mythtv//mythbackend

i've exec'd a complete setup/config with mythtv-setup.

grabbing local channel config with XMLTV utils,

su - mythbackend
tv_grab_na_dd --configure
cat /var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf
username: ######
password: ######
timeoffset: +0000
lineup: PC:94131
channel: 2-1 KTVUDT
channel: 5-1 KPIXDT
channel: 4-1 KRONDT
channel: 7-1 KGODT
channel: 44-1 KBCWDT
channel: 4-2 KRONDT2
channel: 36-1 KICUDT
channel: 11-1 KNTVDT
channel: 20-1 KOFYDT
channel: 9-1 KQEDDT
channel: 9-2 KQEDDT2
channel: 7-2 KGODT2
channel: 38-1 KCNSDT
channel: 22-1 KRCBDT
channel: 22-2 KRCBDT2
channel: 22-3 KRCBDT3
channel: 9-3 KQEDDT3
channel: 65-1 KKPXDT
channel: 60-1 KCSMDT
channel: 60-2 KCSMDT2
channel: 11-2 KNTVDT2
channel: 60-3 KCSMDT3
channel: 54-1 KQEHDT
channel: 32-1 KMTPDT
channel: 7-3 KGODT3
channel: 20-2 KOFYDT2
channel: 65-3 KKPXDT3
channel: 54-2 KQEHDT2
channel: 54-3 KQEHDT3
channel: 36-3 KICUDT3
channel: 42-3 KTNCDT3

i manually tweak in Mythweb Channel Editor settings for channum,
callsign, & xmltvid using this data.

on the server, verifying it in the DB,

mysql
mysql> use mythtv_db;
mysql> SELECT channum,callsign,xmltvid FROM channel;
+---------+----------+---------+
| channum | callsign | xmltvid |
+---------+----------+---------+
| 11-1 | KNTVDT | 21785 |
| 11-2 | KNTVDT2 | 36151 |
| 42-3 | KTNCDT3 | 68504 |
| 22-1 | KRCBDT | 35242 |
| 22-2 | KRCBDT2 | 35244 |
| 22-3 | KRCBDT3 | 35246 |
| 28_1 | KFTL-CD | |
| 28_10 | KEAR | |
| 5-1 | KPIXDT | 19572 |
| 32-1 | KMTPDT | 47121 |
| 36-1 | KICUDT | 21650 |
| 36-3 | KICUDT3 | 67818 |
| 38-1 | KCNSDT | 31220 |
| 65-1 | KKPXDT | 35375 |
| 65-3 | KKPXDT3 | 50678 |
| 60-1 | KCSMDT | 35545 |
| 60-2 | KCSMDT2 | 35547 |
| 60-3 | KCSMDT3 | 44200 |
| 2-1 | KTVUDT | 19571 |
| 44-1 | KBCWDT | 19575 |
| 9-1 | KQEDDT | 24344 |
| 9-2 | KQEDDT2 | 30507 |
| 9-3 | KQEDDT3 | 35278 |
| 7-1 | KGODT | 19574 |
| 7-2 | KGODT2 | 30833 |
| 7-3 | KGODT3 | 49937 |
| 20-1 | KOFYDT | 24343 |
| 20-2 | KOFYDT2 | 50612 |
| 4-2 | KRONDT2 | 20547 |
| 4-1 | KRONDT | 19573 |
| 54-1 | KQEHDT | 44690 |
| 54-2 | KQEHDT2 | 55312 |
| 54-3 | KQEHDT3 | 55524 |
+---------+----------+---------+
33 rows in set (0.00 sec)

grabbing EPG data using tv_grab_na_dd

tv_grab_na_dd --quiet --config-file
"/var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf" >
/var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv/epg_test.xml

cat /var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv/epg_test.xml | head -n 500 ==>
http://pastebin.com/p70pg25x

that full & complete EPG data (epg.xml) can be

(1) viewed as text
(2) imported into FreeGuide
(3) scanned directly from the SD source by tvheadend

in all 3 cases, the data appears as complete and usable.

iiuc, mythtv, for some reason, does NOT use tv_grab_na_dd for pulling
data from SD, but uses its own internal scanner in that case.

attempting to similarly pull the EPG using myth,

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all --nodblog -v file,network
--loglevel debug --logpath /tmp | tee /tmp/mythfill.grab.log

ls -altr /tmp/*log
-rw-r--r-- 1 mythbackend video 19929 Apr 26 13:15
/tmp/mythfill.grab.log =======>
https://gist.github.com/4381649548501cecf597
-rw-r--r-- 1 mythbackend video 31580 Apr 26 13:15
/tmp/mythfilldatabase.20120426131456.6764.log =======>
https://gist.github.com/3d034a2f05d69e5a78df

then, for good measure,

service mythbackend restart
ps ax | grep -i bin/myth
7060 ? Ssl 0:00 /usr/local/bin/mythbackend
--daemon --logpath /var/log/mythtv

and nav to,

http://myth.locuse.net/mythweb/tv/list

I see no program data, only "no data".

here's an image,

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2505/epgdwm.png

next, if i instead try to import the XMLTV tv_grab_na_dd'd
"/var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv/epg_test.xml", from above, it also fails,

mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile
"/var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv/epg_test.xml" --verbose all
2012-04-26 13:40:32.146468 C mythfilldatabase version:
fixes/0.25 [v0.25-54-g46062bf] www.mythtv.org
2012-04-26 13:40:32.146498 N Enabled verbose msgs: all
2012-04-26 13:40:32.146525 N Setting Log Level to
LOG_INFO
2012-04-26 13:40:32.146577 I Added logging to the
console
2012-04-26 13:40:32.146583 I Added database logging to
table logging
2012-04-26 13:40:32.146686 N Setting up SIGHUP handler
2012-04-26 13:40:32.146806 I Bypassing grabbers,
reading directly from file
2012-04-26 13:40:32.146897 N Using runtime prefix =
/usr/local
2012-04-26 13:40:32.146915 N Using configuration
directory = /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147016 E
(old)Settings::ReadSettings(settings.txt) - No such file
settings.txt
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147104 I Assumed character
encoding: en_US.UTF-8
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147490 E
(old)Settings::ReadSettings(settings.txt) - No such file
settings.txt
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147513 E
(old)Settings::ReadSettings(/usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt)
- No such file /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147525 E
(old)Settings::ReadSettings(/usr/local/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt)
- No such file /usr/local/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147648 E
(old)Settings::ReadSettings(./mysql.txt) - No such file
./mysql.txt
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147676 I Using localhost value of
myth.locuse.net
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147695 I Clearing Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147807 I DefaultUPnP() - No default
UPnP backend
2012-04-26 13:40:32.147833 I Clearing Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:32.154145 I Database connection
created: DBManager0
2012-04-26 13:40:32.154181 I New DB connection, total:
1
2012-04-26 13:40:32.158509 I Connected to database
'mythtv_db' at host: myth.locuse.net
2012-04-26 13:40:32.161897 I Closing DB connection
named 'DBManager0'
2012-04-26 13:40:32.162056 I Clearing Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:32.162111 I Database connection
created: DBManager1
2012-04-26 13:40:32.162127 I New DB connection, total:
1
2012-04-26 13:40:32.163287 I Connected to database
'mythtv_db' at host: myth.locuse.net
2012-04-26 13:40:32.164173 N Setting QT default locale
to en_US
2012-04-26 13:40:32.164184 I Current locale en_US
2012-04-26 13:40:32.164231 N Reading locale defaults
from /usr/local/share/mythtv//locales/en_us.xml
2012-04-26 13:40:32.169051 I Enabling Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:32.169056 I Clearing Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:32.169145 E setHttpProxy() - failed to
find a network proxy
2012-04-26 13:40:32.169541 I Loading en_us translation
for module mythfrontend
2012-04-26 13:40:32.169555 I Disabling Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:32.169558 I Clearing Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:32.170586 I Current MythTV Schema
Version (DBSchemaVer): 1299
2012-04-26 13:40:32.170600 I Enabling Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:32.170603 I Clearing Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:32.247258 I Database connection
created: DBManager2
2012-04-26 13:40:32.247282 I New DB connection, total:
2
2012-04-26 13:40:32.248942 I Connected to database
'mythtv_db' at host: myth.locuse.net
2012-04-26 13:40:35.033435 I IconData: Updating icons
for sourceid: 1
2012-04-26 13:40:35.035574 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I19571.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.036435 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I19572.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.037207 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I19573.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.037957 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I19574.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.038699 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I19575.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.039474 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I20547.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.040218 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I21650.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.040959 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I21785.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.041695 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I24343.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.042437 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I24344.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.043238 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I30507.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.043993 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I30833.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.044735 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I31220.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.045470 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I35242.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.046210 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I35244.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.046981 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I35246.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.047726 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I35278.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.048463 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I35375.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.049197 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I35545.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.049927 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I35547.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.050660 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I36151.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.051640 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I44200.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.052420 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I44690.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.053163 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I47121.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.053911 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I49937.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.054670 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I50612.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.055504 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I50678.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.056263 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I55312.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.057006 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I55524.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.057740 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I67818.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.058476 N Unknown xmltv channel
identifier: I68504.labs.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.058515 I Updated programs: 0
Unchanged programs: 0
2012-04-26 13:40:35.093788 I Adjusting program database
end times.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.094160 I 0 replacements made
2012-04-26 13:40:35.094166 I Marking generic episodes.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.095088 I Found 0
2012-04-26 13:40:35.095178 I Extending non-unique
programids with multiple parts.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.095790 I Found 0
2012-04-26 13:40:35.095854 I Marking repeats.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.097366 I Found 0
2012-04-26 13:40:35.097372 I Unmarking new episode
rebroadcast repeats.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.098096 I Found 0
2012-04-26 13:40:35.101127 I Marking episode first
showings.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.118209 I Found 49
2012-04-26 13:40:35.118214 I Marking episode last
showings.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.134987 I Found 49
2012-04-26 13:40:35.136216 I
| Attempting to contact the master backend for
rescheduling. |
| If the master is not running, rescheduling will happen
when |
| the master backend is restarted.

2012-04-26 13:40:35.140052 I MythCoreContext:
Connecting to backend server: 10.10.9.202:6543 (try 1 of
1)
2012-04-26 13:40:35.140572 I MythSocket(6eb330:134): IP
is local, using loopback address instead
2012-04-26 13:40:35.140582 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
attempting connect() to (127.0.0.1:6543)
2012-04-26 13:40:35.140608 I MSocketDevice::connect:
setting Protocol to IPv4
2012-04-26 13:40:35.140611 I MSocketDevice::connect:
attempting to create new socket
2012-04-26 13:40:35.140911 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
write -> 134 30 MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 72 D78EFD6F
2012-04-26 13:40:35.141653 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
read <- 134 13 ACCEPT[]:[]72
2012-04-26 13:40:35.141666 I Using protocol version 72
2012-04-26 13:40:35.141676 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
write -> 134 43 ANN Monitor myth.locuse.net 0
2012-04-26 13:40:35.141888 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
read <- 134 2 OK
2012-04-26 13:40:35.141948 I MythSocket(6c6480:135): IP
is local, using loopback address instead
2012-04-26 13:40:35.141956 I MythSocket(6c6480:135):
attempting connect() to (127.0.0.1:6543)
2012-04-26 13:40:35.141968 I MSocketDevice::connect:
setting Protocol to IPv4
2012-04-26 13:40:35.141971 I MSocketDevice::connect:
attempting to create new socket
2012-04-26 13:40:35.142051 I MythSocket(6c6480:135):
write -> 135 43 ANN Monitor myth.locuse.net 1
2012-04-26 13:40:35.142342 I MythSocket(6c6480:135):
read <- 135 2 OK
2012-04-26 13:40:35.142554 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
write -> 134 24 RESCHEDULE_RECORDINGS -1
2012-04-26 13:40:35.142803 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
read <- 134 1 1
2012-04-26 13:40:35.142824 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
write -> 134 32 MESSAGE[]:[]CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE
2012-04-26 13:40:35.143037 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
read <- 134 2 OK
2012-04-26 13:40:35.143061 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
write -> 134 82 MESSAGE[]:[]SYSTEM_EVENT
MYTHFILLDATABASE_RAN SENDER pvr.server....
2012-04-26 13:40:35.143283 I MythSocket(6eb330:134):
read <- 134 2 OK
2012-04-26 13:40:35.143293 N mythfilldatabase run
complete.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.143385 I MythSocket(6c6480:135):
read <- 135 50
BACKEND_MESSAGE[]:[]CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE[]:[]empty
2012-04-26 13:40:35.143398 I Received remote 'Clear
Cache' request
2012-04-26 13:40:35.143404 I Clearing Settings Cache.
2012-04-26 13:40:35.167354 I Closing DB connection
named 'DBManager2'
2012-04-26 13:40:35.167803 I Closing DB connection
named 'DBManager1'
2012-04-26 13:40:35.168065 I Destroying MythDBPrivate
2012-04-26 13:40:35.168379 I DataDirect: Deleting
temporary files

and, checking, the EPG is still blank, populated only with "no data".

in summary, so far,

(1) myth tv is built & configured, and the connection to the DB is up
(2) the SD connection and EPG data are good. or, at least, good enough
for freeguide & tvheadend. (noting that it's been suggested in this
thread to file a bug @ SD ...)
(3) pulling data to the server with MythTV's internal scanner procedure
works, but neither using that pulled data, nor via an import of 'good'
XML data, does the data seem to get into MythTV DB for display in the
EPG.

pkendall64 at gmail

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM,  <locuse [at] mm> wrote:
> [...]
>                named 'DBManager2'
>                2012-04-26 13:40:35.167803 I  Closing DB connection
>                named 'DBManager1'
>                2012-04-26 13:40:35.168065 I  Destroying MythDBPrivate
>                2012-04-26 13:40:35.168379 I  DataDirect: Deleting
>                temporary files
>
> and, checking, the EPG is still blank, populated only with "no data".
>
> in summary, so far,
>
> (1) myth tv is built & configured, and the connection to the DB is up
> (2) the SD connection and EPG data are good.  or, at least, good enough
> for freeguide & tvheadend.  (noting that it's been suggested in this
> thread to file a bug @ SD ...)
> (3) pulling data to the server with MythTV's internal scanner procedure
> works, but neither using that pulled data, nor via an import of 'good'
> XML data, does the data seem to get into MythTV DB for display in the

Notice how the xmltv id that the log shows has I19571.labs.zap2it.com
and you have 19571 in you database. You need the entire string printed
in the log.

Cheers,
PK

locuse at mm

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

hi

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012, at 11:51 AM, Paul Kendall wrote:

> Notice how the xmltv id that the log shows has I19571.labs.zap2it.com
> and you have 19571 in you database. You need the entire string printed
> in the log.

yes, i saw that difference. i've entered the '5 digit XMLTV ID'
because:
(1) when MythTV fills the Channel DB with a scan from SD, it fills with
5 digit numeric IDs,
&
(2) that's what I was specifically/repeatedly instructed to do in #irc,
having shared with them this data as well.

are you saying that the guidance provided by each/both of those should,
in this case, be ignored?

and , to be clear, if so, then "I19571.labs.zap2it.com" (e.g.) should be
typed into the ChennelEditor field in the Mythweb interface?

locuse

locuse at mm

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

fyi, as a test,

keeping my XMLTVIDs in MythWeb ChannelEditor as '5 digit' format
(matching the hover-over value at the SD site), a quick mod

perl -pi -e 's|(.*channel
id=")I(.*)(.labs.zap2it.com)(.*)|$1$2$4|g'
/var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv/epg_test.WORKING.xml
perl -pi -e
's|(.*channel=")I(.*)(.labs.zap2it.com)(.*)|$1$2$4|g'
/var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv/epg_test.WORKING.xml

changes instances of channel id definition in the xml file

from

<channel id="I12345.labs.zap2it.com">
&
<programme start="20120426010000 +0000" stop="20120426013000
+0000" channel="I12345.labs.zap2it.com">

<channel id="12345">
&
<programme start="20120426010000 +0000" stop="20120426013000
+0000" channel="19571">

now

mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile
"/var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv/epg_test.WORKING.xml" --verbose all

correctly returns,

2012-04-26 17:25:06.322364 C mythfilldatabase version:
fixes/0.25 [v0.25-54-g46062bf] www.mythtv.org
2012-04-26 17:25:06.322395 N Enabled verbose msgs: all
2012-04-26 17:25:06.322424 N Setting Log Level to LOG_INFO
2012-04-26 17:25:06.322473 I Added logging to the console
2012-04-26 17:25:06.322478 I Added database logging to table
logging
2012-04-26 17:25:06.424654 I Connected to database 'mythtv_db'
at host: myth.locuse.net
2012-04-26 17:25:07.461687 I IconData: Updating icons for
sourceid: 1
2012-04-26 17:25:08.911688 I Inserting new program :
2012-04-30T20:00:00 - 2012-04-30T20:30:00 21650 Friends
2012-04-26 17:25:08.936307 I Inserting new program :
2012-04-30T20:30:00 - 2012-04-30T21:00:00 21650 Friends
2012-04-26 17:25:31.789889 I Inserting new program :
2012-05-02T14:30:00 - 2012-05-02T17:00:00 68504 Lifeforce
2012-04-26 17:25:31.807112 I Inserting new program :
2012-05-02T17:00:00 - 2012-05-02T19:00:00 68504 Species II
2012-04-26 17:25:31.824942 I Updated programs: 5480 Unchanged
programs: 1593
2012-04-26 17:25:31.885251 I Adjusting program database end
times.
2012-04-26 17:25:31.932492 I 0 replacements made
2012-04-26 17:25:31.932496 I Marking generic episodes.
2012-04-26 17:25:32.002131 I Found 1633
2012-04-26 17:25:32.002179 I Extending non-unique programids
with multiple parts.
2012-04-26 17:25:32.009114 I Found 0
2012-04-26 17:25:32.009175 I Marking repeats.
2012-04-26 17:25:32.042345 I Found 0
2012-04-26 17:25:32.042351 I Unmarking new episode rebroadcast
repeats.
2012-04-26 17:25:32.089235 I Found 578
2012-04-26 17:25:32.171172 I Marking episode first showings.
2012-04-26 17:25:33.186337 I Found 2973
2012-04-26 17:25:33.186344 I Marking episode last showings.
2012-04-26 17:25:34.208902 I Found 2973
2012-04-26 17:25:34.218083 N mythfilldatabase run complete.
2012-04-26 17:25:34.231106 I Closing DB connection named
'DBManager2'
2012-04-26 17:25:34.231391 I Closing DB connection named
'DBManager1'
2012-04-26 17:25:34.231625 I Destroying MythDBPrivate
2012-04-26 17:25:34.231892 I DataDirect: Deleting temporary
files

and, results in a full & complete !! Mythtv EPG ==>
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1092/epgnew.png

the extent of the EPG is ~7 days, thru ~ 5pm, Wed, May 2nd, as of this
writing.

pkendall64 at gmail

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM, <locuse [at] mm> wrote:
> [...]
>        repeats.
>        2012-04-26 17:25:32.089235 I      Found 578
>        2012-04-26 17:25:32.171172 I  Marking episode first showings.
>        2012-04-26 17:25:33.186337 I      Found 2973
>        2012-04-26 17:25:33.186344 I  Marking episode last showings.
>        2012-04-26 17:25:34.208902 I      Found 2973
>        2012-04-26 17:25:34.218083 N  mythfilldatabase run complete.
>        2012-04-26 17:25:34.231106 I  Closing DB connection named
>        'DBManager2'
>        2012-04-26 17:25:34.231391 I  Closing DB connection named
>        'DBManager1'
>        2012-04-26 17:25:34.231625 I  Destroying MythDBPrivate
>        2012-04-26 17:25:34.231892 I  DataDirect: Deleting temporary
>        files
>
> and, results in a full & complete !! Mythtv EPG ==>
> http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1092/epgnew.png
>
> the extent of the EPG is ~7 days, thru ~ 5pm, Wed, May 2nd, as of this

Cool, so I think it's probably best to change the id's on mythweb to
match whats in the XML.

Good Luck.

keemllib at gmail

Re: schedulesdirect not working [In reply to]