Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Recording playlists works... unsure how to stop playback

jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail

Recording playlists works... unsure how to stop playback

Hi,

Until recently adding recordings to a playlist and then playing them
resulted in the first recording playing and then returning to the
recordings screen. I did an update yesterday (not sure when the previous
one was) (running mythbuntu .24-fixes) and suddenly the playlist plays
correctly (or maybe I just did it the right way this time).

But... now I don't know how to stop the playback, since stopping the
current recording just starts the playback of the next one in the queue.
Anyone know how to stop playback of a playlist?

stichnot at gmail

Re: Recording playlists works... unsure how to stop playback [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Jeremy Jones
<jeremy.dwain.jones [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Until recently adding recordings to a playlist and then playing them
> resulted in the first recording playing and then returning to the recordings
> screen.  I did an update yesterday (not sure when the previous one was)
> (running mythbuntu .24-fixes) and suddenly the playlist plays correctly (or
> maybe I just did it the right way this time).
>
> But... now I don't know how to stop the playback, since stopping the current
> recording just starts the playback of the next one in the queue.  Anyone
> know how to stop playback of a playlist?

The only way I know is to press a key that executes a jump point
(assuming you have such a key mapped).

Jim

jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail

Re: Recording playlists works... unsure how to stop playback [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Jeremy Jones
> <jeremy.dwain.jones [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Until recently adding recordings to a playlist and then playing them
> > resulted in the first recording playing and then returning to the
> recordings
> > screen. I did an update yesterday (not sure when the previous one was)
> > (running mythbuntu .24-fixes) and suddenly the playlist plays correctly
> (or
> > maybe I just did it the right way this time).
> >
> > But... now I don't know how to stop the playback, since stopping the
> current
> > recording just starts the playback of the next one in the queue. Anyone
> > know how to stop playback of a playlist?
>
> The only way I know is to press a key that executes a jump point
> (assuming you have such a key mapped).
>
> Jim

I don't, but I think I can figure out how to do that easy enough.
Great Idea. Thanks.

Jeremy