Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Mythvideo, mkv's and filenames in .25

dheianevans at gmail

Mythvideo, mkv's and filenames in .25

I had started putting a series in .24 but didn't finish up until .25.

The files from the series in .24 were .mpg files and the cover art for
each episode was a frame from the show (I'm guessing jamu did this?)

The files were named: series_name_1x01.mpg etc

I just finished putting some files in that I had ripped from the other
dvds of the series. These were mkv files. They play just fine in

They're named:

series_name_1x08.mkv etc.

When I asked it to retrieve details, it wasn't able to get the series
name/episode info from the filename. When I manually entered the
series name, episode title and season/episode numbers it retrieved
info, but the cover art for the episode was just a generic cover
instead of the frame from the episode. It also showed the runtime as 0
minutes, while the files entered under .24 showed the 21 minutes.

Is there an change in the filename parsing? Is there a change in the
way it grabs an episode frame, or was that just jamu finding an
episode image in .24? Is it because its an mkv?

Thanks for any advice.
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv