Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Stale job queue messages in mythweb status page?

zarthan at gmail

Stale job queue messages in mythweb status page?

I often end up with stale messages on the mythweb status page.
The current listing shows the following
Jobs currently in Queue or recently ended:
Thu 4/12 9:00 PM - Awake - Flag Commercials
Fri 4/20 12:00 PM - Rick Steves' Europe - Preview
Sat 4/21 10:29 PM - Saturday Night Live - Flag Commercials
Sun 4/22 4:45 PM - PGA Tour Golf - Look up Metadata
Sun 4/22 4:45 PM - PGA Tour Golf - Flag Commercials
Sun 4/22 4:46 PM - NBA Basketball - Look up Metadata
Sun 4/22 4:46 PM - NBA Basketball - Flag Commercials
Sun 4/22 4:45 PM - PGA Tour Golf - Convert
Sun 4/22 4:46 PM - NBA Basketball - Convert

The list was much longer 30 minutes ago and perhaps 10 or 15 from 4/20 and
4/21 and 4/22 went away as I refreshed the page. The one most curious is
the 4/12 job (ran successfully). The user job message on 4/20 did fail and
I could see a failure staying around. I am just curious as to why one
message would stay in the listing while others are expired rather quickly??
Is there a significance?

This is on .25 fixes but I had the same situation with .24 fixes.

Thanks

raymond at wagnerrp

Re: Stale job queue messages in mythweb status page? [In reply to]

On 4/22/2012 18:28, Zarthan South wrote:
> I often end up with stale messages on the mythweb status page.
> The current listing shows the following
> Jobs currently in Queue or recently ended:
> Thu 4/12 9:00 PM - Awake - Flag Commercials
> Fri 4/20 12:00 PM - Rick Steves' Europe - Preview
> Sat 4/21 10:29 PM - Saturday Night Live - Flag Commercials
> Sun 4/22 4:45 PM - PGA Tour Golf - Look up Metadata
> Sun 4/22 4:45 PM - PGA Tour Golf - Flag Commercials
> Sun 4/22 4:46 PM - NBA Basketball - Look up Metadata
> Sun 4/22 4:46 PM - NBA Basketball - Flag Commercials
> Sun 4/22 4:45 PM - PGA Tour Golf - Convert
> Sun 4/22 4:46 PM - NBA Basketball - Convert
>
> The list was much longer 30 minutes ago and perhaps 10 or 15 from 4/20
> and 4/21 and 4/22 went away as I refreshed the page. The one most
> curious is the 4/12 job (ran successfully). The user job message on
> 4/20 did fail and I could see a failure staying around. I am just
> curious as to why one message would stay in the listing while others
> are expired rather quickly?? Is there a significance?

Successful jobs are removed from that list after several hours. Failed
jobs are removed after several days. The only reason something would
stay indefinitely is if it never actually ran for whatever reason.
Perhaps it is a job type with no backends currently configured to allow
it to run.

zarthan at gmail

Re: Stale job queue messages in mythweb status page? [In reply to]