Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad)

george.galt at gmail

Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad)

All:

Robert McNamara has forwarded a comprehensive video for his new iPad
app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQDLTSucxM

He states in the video that it is close to finished and will work with
both a MythTV 0.25 backend and a Torc backend. I am not sure what the
divide is between Torc and MythTV, but since this works for both, I'm
all in favor of it (and if anyone wants to enlighten me, I'd love to
know). I'll certainly be purchasing a copy or two from the Apple App
Store when it gets there.

George

jyavenard at gmail

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

On 13 April 2012 23:43, George Galt <george.galt [at] gmail> wrote:
> All:
>
> Robert McNamara has forwarded a comprehensive video for his new iPad
> app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQDLTSucxM

I have to say that it looks pretty awesome..

The name sucks but that's another story :)

richard.e.morton at gmail

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

If only is was available for Android phones and tablets...

Please excuse brevity and pistakes as this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Best regards,
Rich

memmott at gmail

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM, George Galt <george.galt [at] gmail> wrote:

> All:
>
> Robert McNamara has forwarded a comprehensive video for his new iPad
> app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQDLTSucxM
>
> He states in the video that it is close to finished and will work with
> both a MythTV 0.25 backend and a Torc backend. I am not sure what the
> divide is between Torc and MythTV, but since this works for both, I'm
> all in favor of it (and if anyone wants to enlighten me, I'd love to
> know). I'll certainly be purchasing a copy or two from the Apple App
> Store when it gets there.

I'm really interested in this app, it's the only reason I bought an iPad.
Well maybe not the only reason, but the most compelling. :-)

memmott at gmail

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM, George Galt <george.galt [at] gmail>wrote:
>
>> All:
>>
>> Robert McNamara has forwarded a comprehensive video for his new iPad
>> app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQDLTSucxM
>>
>> He states in the video that it is close to finished and will work with
>> both a MythTV 0.25 backend and a Torc backend. I am not sure what the
>> divide is between Torc and MythTV, but since this works for both, I'm
>> all in favor of it (and if anyone wants to enlighten me, I'd love to
>> know). I'll certainly be purchasing a copy or two from the Apple App
>> Store when it gets there.
>>

> I'm really interested in this app, it's the only reason I bought an iPad.
> Well maybe not the only reason, but the most compelling. :-)

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control. Can a
user stream Live TV to the iPad?

bhaskins at chartermi

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

On 04/13/2012 11:22 AM, Matt Emmott wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM, George Galt <george.galt [at] gmail
> <mailto:george.galt [at] gmail>> wrote:
>
> All:
>
> Robert McNamara has forwarded a comprehensive video for his new iPad
> app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQDLTSucxM
>
> He states in the video that it is close to finished and will work with
> both a MythTV 0.25 backend and a Torc backend. I am not sure what the
> divide is between Torc and MythTV, but since this works for both, I'm
> all in favor of it (and if anyone wants to enlighten me, I'd love to
> know). I'll certainly be purchasing a copy or two from the Apple App
> Store when it gets there.
>

> I'm really interested in this app, it's the only reason I bought an
> iPad. Well maybe not the only reason, but the most compelling. :-)

I hate to just do a me too, but me too.
Is there a way to learn ( a lot ) more about this, help out, test, etc?

linux at thehobsons

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

Matt Emmott wrote:

>Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control.
>Can a user stream Live TV to the iPad?

You watch live TV ?

You can always set a recording off and stream that.

--
Simon Hobson

jyavenard at gmail

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

On 14 April 2012 01:31, Matt Emmott <memmott [at] gmail> wrote:

> Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control. Can a
> user stream Live TV to the iPad?

The mythtv http live-streaming module doesn't support liveTV. you can
only stream completed recordings or videos

memmott at gmail

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail>wrote:

> On 14 April 2012 01:31, Matt Emmott <memmott [at] gmail> wrote:
> >

> > Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control. Can a
> > user stream Live TV to the iPad?
>
> The mythtv http live-streaming module doesn't support liveTV. you can
> only stream completed recordings or videos

Boo, so I can't stream a recording in progress either? I have to wait until
it's done? That makes watching baseball games at work a bit difficult.

gaberubin at gmail

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 14 April 2012 01:31, Matt Emmott <memmott [at] gmail> wrote:
>> >

>> > Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control. Can
>> > user stream Live TV to the iPad?
>>
>> The mythtv http live-streaming module doesn't support liveTV. you can
>> only stream completed recordings or videos
>

> Boo, so I can't stream a recording in progress either? I have to wait until
> it's done?  That makes watching baseball games at work a bit difficult.

Its not free, but you can use the MLB iPad app. I think it blackouts
local games though, so that may not be very helpful (and why I don't
use it).

david at istwok

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 01:37:55PM -0400, Matt Emmott wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail>wrote:
> > The mythtv http live-streaming module doesn't support liveTV. you can
> > only stream completed recordings or videos
>
> Boo, so I can't stream a recording in progress either? I have to wait until
> it's done? That makes watching baseball games at work a bit difficult.

I tried that myself just yesterday! :) FWIW, supporting in-progress
recordings for live streaming is on Chris Pinkham's roadmap. Until
then, you'll need to start and immediately restart the recording every
so often and stream the chunks individually.

David
--
David Engel
david [at] istwok