Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Re: mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry)

t.brackertz at gmx

Re: mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry)

OK, this new information helps a lot:

Assuming that you haven't left out any lines in between the error seems to
be caused by mytharchivehelper called by getStreamInformation in
mythburn.py.

Pleas do the following:

Open your mythburn.py and search for "def getStreamInformation"

Add the following line:

---------------
write(command)
---------------

Now the function should look as following:

---------------
def getStreamInformation(filename, xmlFilename, lenMethod):
"""create a stream.xml file for filename"""

command = "mytharchivehelper -q -q --getfileinfo --infile %s --outfile
%s --method %d" % (quoteCmdArg(filename), quoteCmdArg(xmlFilename),
lenMethod)

write(command)
result = runCommand(command)

if result <> 0:
fatalError("Failed while running mytharchivehelper to get stream
information.\n"
"Result: %d, Command was %s" % (result, command))

# print out the streaminfo.xml file to the log
infoDOM = xml.dom.minidom.parse(xmlFilename)
write(xmlFilename + ":-\n" + infoDOM.toprettyxml(" ", ""), False)
----------------

Take care of the identation.

Now try again. The command calling mytharchivehelper should be written to
the logfile now. Please post this command so I can check if it is correct
(I think so) And try this command in a terminal window.

If the same error occurs here then mytharchivehelper is to blame and you
should file a bug report.

Stefan

chusty at attglobal

Re: mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry) [In reply to]

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 18:50 +0200, Stefan Brackertz wrote:

> If the same error occurs here then mytharchivehelper is to blame and
> you
> should file a bug report.

Stefan,

Thank you for your reply.. I added the write (command) to the script and
the error is the same. I do not know what new problem was introduced
but I after trying your tip I installed the new version mytharchive 0.25
with mythffmpeg and it works OK (well it does not remove the commercials
cut points but that is another issue that also was present in 0.24).
Stefan thanks again for your help

-=terry=-

J.Pilk at tesco

Re: mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry) [In reply to]

On 15/04/12 14:20, terry wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 18:50 +0200, Stefan Brackertz wrote:
>> If the same error occurs here then mytharchivehelper is to blame and you
>> should file a bug report.
>
> Stefan,
>
> Thank you for your reply.. I added the write (command) to the script and
> the error is the same. I do not know what new problem was introduced but
> I after trying your tip I installed the new version mytharchive 0.25
> with mythffmpeg and it works OK (well it does not remove the commercials
> cut points but that is another issue that also was present in 0.24).
> Stefan thanks again for your help
>
> -=terry=-

You do know that to activate the cutlist you have to use the 'Menu' (M)
key when you see the grey scissors? Then, if you make the appropriate
choice, they should turn red. Personally I do the cutting first, but
having it inside MythArchive is probably more convenient.

chusty at attglobal

Re: mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry) [In reply to]

On Sun, 2012-04-15 at 15:10 +0100, John Pilkington wrote:

> You do know that to activate the cutlist you have to use the
> 'Menu' (M)
> key when you see the grey scissors? Then, if you make the
> appropriate
> choice, they should turn red. Personally I do the cutting first, but
> having it inside MythArchive is probably more convenient.

Hi John,

This is with the new 0.25 myth

1. This is how I do the cutting:

- when I watch to the recording I press <E> to enter edit mode, there I
do the cutting and then I save it.
- when I want to create a dvd, I select the file that will show the
gray scissor
- then select the file with gray scissor and press M and <use cut list>
then scissor becomes red.
- then the iso is written BUT the cuts are not included.

I have this problem before with 0.24 and as you remember in on the
threads Will came with some changes in the mythburn.py script that fix
the problem. Now is back in 0.25 but the script is different and I can
not use Will's patch.

2. If I do the cut first (I am using the Hauppage HD-PVR), the cuts are
made after I transcode. The problem is that the file produce after the
transcode is in a nuv container and for some reason I can not use the
file to make the DVD becasue it produces and error. The file is OK
because I have been using it under avidemux to produce the dvd.

-=terry=-

J.Pilk at tesco

Re: mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry) [In reply to]

On 15/04/12 17:52, terry wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-04-15 at 15:10 +0100, John Pilkington wrote:
>> You do know that to activate the cutlist you have to use the 'Menu' (M)
>> key when you see the grey scissors? Then, if you make the appropriate
>> choice, they should turn red. Personally I do the cutting first, but
>> having it inside MythArchive is probably more convenient.
>
> Hi John,
>
> This is with the new 0.25 myth
>
> 1. This is how I do the cutting:
>
> - when I watch to the recording I press <E> to enter edit mode, there I
> do the cutting and then I save it.
> - when I want to create a dvd, I select the file that will show the gray
> scissor
> - then select the file with gray scissor and press M and <use cut list>
> then scissor becomes red.
> - then the iso is written BUT the cuts are not included.
>
> I have this problem before with 0.24 and as you remember in on the
> threads Will came with some changes in the mythburn.py script that fix
> the problem. Now is back in 0.25 but the script is different and I can
> not use Will's patch.
>
> 2. If I do the cut first (I am using the Hauppage HD-PVR), the cuts are
> made after I transcode. The problem is that the file produce after the
> transcode is in a nuv container and for some reason I can not use the
> file to make the DVD becasue it produces and error. The file is OK
> because I have been using it under avidemux to produce the dvd.
>
> -=terry=-

Yes, I remember that thread but I forgot that you were in on it; I'm
afraid I thought you were fresh to the MythArchive pastime :-)

I'm still trying to decide what to do with dvb-t2 HD recordings if I
want to keep them - without getting terabytes and keeping them powered
up. Fortunately SD dvb-t still looks pretty good to me and three hours
of that will usually fit onto a DVD with no loss of quality. I thought
I might have problems after the changes in 0.25 but so far I've only
made a few small tweaks to fit in with my personal preferences. The
main box is still 0.24.3 but I'll probably move on quite soon.

John P

t.brackertz at gmx

Re: mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry) [In reply to]

> I have this problem before with 0.24 and as you remember in on the
> threads Will came with some changes in the mythburn.py script that fix
> the problem. Now is back in 0.25 but the script is different and I can
> not use Will's patch.

Which path do you mean?

I'm trying to update integrate all the patches and several other issues
into one path. Maybe there are chances they get fixed in the next version.
But at the moment I'm very busy. So it may take some weeks.

Stefan

chusty at attglobal

Re: mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry) [In reply to]

On Sun, 2012-04-22 at 23:40 +0200, Stefan Brackertz wrote:

> > I have this problem before with 0.24 and as you remember in on the
> > threads Will came with some changes in the mythburn.py script that fix
> > the problem. Now is back in 0.25 but the script is different and I can
> > not use Will's patch.
>
> Which path do you mean?
>
> I'm trying to update integrate all the patches and several other issues
> into one path. Maybe there are chances they get fixed in the next version.
> But at the moment I'm very busy. So it may take some weeks.
>
> Stefan

Stefan,

Sorry for the delay I was in vacations.

Here is the patch from Will I was mentioning

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/469450?search_string=mytharchive%20dvd%20from%20HD-PVR;#469450

I believe is message 38

-=terry=-

t.brackertz at gmx

Re: mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry) [In reply to]

Thanks, I'm going to update the path. but this may take a while (weeks).
Stefan