admin at lctn

No .25 option when reconfiguring repos

I have installed mythbuntu-repos.deb, updated apt and then ran
dpkg-reconfigure. No errors, but I am not presented with the option of
choosing version .25.

Running on Linux Mint 10 with after doing distro-upgrade.

Any ides?

admin at lctn

Re: No .25 option when reconfiguring repos [In reply to]

Ran apt update again and get the following errors:

W: Failed to fetch
http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.25/ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/source/Sources.gz
404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch
http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.25/ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
404 Not Found

On 04/13/2012 09:30 AM, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I have installed mythbuntu-repos.deb, updated apt and then ran
> dpkg-reconfigure. No errors, but I am not presented with the option of
> choosing version .25.
>
> Running on Linux Mint 10 with after doing distro-upgrade.
>

> Any ides?

John.Veness.mythtv at pelago

Re: No .25 option when reconfiguring repos [In reply to]

Linux Min 10 is based on Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick) which will not be
receiving a packaged version of MythTV 0.25 from the Mythbuntu repos.
See http://www.mythbuntu.org/mythtv/0.25.

Cheers,

John

On 13/04/2012 15:32, Raymond Norton wrote:
> Ran apt update again and get the following errors:
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.25/ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/source/Sources.gz
> 404 Not Found
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.25/ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> 404 Not Found
>

> On 04/13/2012 09:30 AM, Raymond Norton wrote:
>> I have installed mythbuntu-repos.deb, updated apt and then ran
>> dpkg-reconfigure. No errors, but I am not presented with the option of
>> choosing version .25.
>>
>> Running on Linux Mint 10 with after doing distro-upgrade.
>>

>> Any ides?

John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T

dheianevans at gmail

Re: No .25 option when reconfiguring repos [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM, John Veness
<John.Veness.mythtv [at] pelago> wrote:
> Linux Min 10 is based on Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick) which will not be receiving
> a packaged version of MythTV 0.25 from the Mythbuntu repos. See
> http://www.mythbuntu.org/mythtv/0.25.

Glad I read this...I'm on Mythbuntu 10.10, so I'm guessing the minimum
I need to do is move to 11.04.

I Googling around as I thought I rememered there being a problem with
11.04, and lirc for mceusb remotes. Is there a definitive guide for
fixing this?

Thanks.