Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Trying to compile 0.25-rc and fails on swscale.o

dazzle at edazzle

Mar 24, 2012, 7:38 AM

Trying to compile 0.25-rc and fails on swscale.o

Using Ubuntu 11.10 and trying to compile the MythTV 0.25-rc release but it
keeps failing on FFmpeg with this errors on swscale:

libswscale/swscale.c: In function ‘ff_getSwsFunc’:
libswscale/swscale.c:1267:16: error: ‘swScale_MMX2’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
libswscale/swscale.c:1267:16: note: each undeclared identifier is reported
only once for each function it appears in
libswscale/swscale.c:1270:16: error: ‘swScale_3DNow’ undeclared (first use
in this function)
make[1]: *** [libswscale/swscale.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/mythtv-0.25-rc/external/FFmpeg'
make: *** [external/FFmpeg] Error 2

I have looked on the web and it seems to either be a problem with FFmpeg or
my version of libavutil that comes with Ubuntu.

Any thoughts, ideas or help would be appreciated,

Paul

raymond at wagnerrp

Mar 24, 2012, 7:43 AM

Re: Trying to compile 0.25-rc and fails on swscale.o [In reply to]

On 3/24/2012 10:38, Paul wrote:
> I have looked on the web and it seems to either be a problem with FFmpeg or
> my version of libavutil that comes with Ubuntu.

Neither. MythTV uses an internal snapshot of the FFmpeg source code to
build against, rather than struggle to operate using the wide range of
versions that may be installed on end-users' systems. This snapshot is
stored in that external/FFmpeg folder. The fact that it failed on MMX2
and 3DNow methods would indicate some sort of problem with CPU
detection. What command line options did you use when you ran configure?

dazzle at edazzle

Mar 24, 2012, 12:10 PM

Re: Trying to compile 0.25-rc and fails on swscale.o [In reply to]

I'm compiling within Virtualbox on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ for an Atom
CPU.
The command line I use is below:

ARCH='i686' CFLAGS='-pipe' CXXFLAGS='-pipe' \
/home/paul/mythtv-0.25-rc/configure --prefix=/home/paul/mythtv-0.25-build/usr
\
--runprefix=/usr \
--disable-distcc \
--disable-ccache \
--compile-type=release \
--extra-cflags="-mtune=atom -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse"
\
--extra-cxxflags="-mtune=atom -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse"
\
--extra-ldflags="-L/opt/usr/lib" \
--arch=x86 --cpu=atom \
--disable-altivec --disable-amd3dnow \
--disable-amd3dnowext --disable-mmx2 \
--enable-mmx --enable-sse --enable-ssse3 \
--enable-yasm --disable-audio-oss \
--disable-audio-jack --disable-audio-pulseoutput \
--disable-joystick-menu --enable-lirc \
--disable-firewire --disable-ivtv --disable-iptv \
--disable-hdhomerun --disable-hdpvr \
--enable-dvb --enable-libmp3lame \
--enable-vdpau --disable-crystalhd \
--enable-opengl --enable-opengl-video \
--with-bindings=perl,python,php \
--enable-nonfree --enable-libfaac --enable-libfftw3

I tested it out with just running ./configure and it compiled fine.